Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I purchased a set of 22" 9 spoke Turbines with Pirelli Summers from another forum member last week.

After a long delay in Poyle my wheels finally took off for their new home in the States. Now they are hung up in Memphis Tenn. Apparently the invoice is incomplete. Customs needs to know the name and location of the foundry where the alloy rims were produced. I'm at a loss as to where to get this information from. I've got a call in to the local Jaguar parts manager and he can probably hunt that info down, but he's not in until Monday.
I surely can't blame the forum member who sold me the wheels, since I don't know how he would have that information either.

Does anyone know off the top of your heads the answer to this puzzle? :geek: My S needs her wheels so I complete handover and get rolling :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
Rimstock PLC.
Ridgacre Road
West Bromwich
West Midlands, B71 1BB

Tel: +44(0)121 525 6500
Fax: +44(0)121 525 8499

This company has manufactured and supplied SOME wheels to Jaguar, but I can't say if they supply your wheels.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Sounds like a job for customer services/ relations .... Whoever is in the hot seat on the forum now? :?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AlSnr said:
Rimstock PLC.
Ridgacre Road
West Bromwich
West Midlands, B71 1BB

This company has manufactured and supplied SOME wheels to Jaguar, but I can't say if they supply your wheels.

Thanks for the post AlSnr. My FedEx U.S.A. rep. told me that a few new questions had been added to customs forms pertaining to car and car parts for import. These new questions are causing quite a few hang-ups in deliveries. Now I would think that x-rays would show if there were contraband such as herion or cocaine packed in the wheels. :twisted:

So what would be the advantage to now knowing the location and name of a tyre rim foundry? Also dealings between 2 private parties, which of those would know specific information like that? Frustrating to say the least.
I'll google the company info you provided. Maybe I'll get lucky. ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AlSnr said:
Rimstock PLC.
Ridgacre Road
West Bromwich
West Midlands, B71 1BB

Brilliant!! :D Many thanks AlSnr! My wheels have been released and will be delivered to Jaguar Madison by this coming Tuesday 4:30pm CST.

All that bureaucratic red tape was resolved because you furnished me with something for them to fill in on their forms. I gave them the companies name and address you suggested. The agents response was, "that works for me". They just needed all the i's dotted and the t's crossed and away we go. :D

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
That's brilliant

1 - 7 of 7 Posts