Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all.

Having been in Beemers since my last Jaguar in 94 I have decided to return to the fold and will be ordering my FP tomorrow.
Spec wise it will be a 2.0d Auto Portfolio with the following options
ICT Pro 380
Sliding roof
Cup holder cover
20" Matrix 10 Twin spoke
and I cant decide whether to go with Ebony or Ultimate Black

I was trying to keep the cost down but I'm worried the 19" Razor 7s will look too small and every portfolio I have seen has the 20" templer 5s which management is not a big fan of
I've seen Ebony and Ultimate side by side albeit it on a cloudy day and can't really tell the difference but the dealer says the ultimate will look better towards the end of the contract.
Anyway just wondering if anyone has any comments or suggestions.

Great forum and looking forward to becoming part of the family again

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So went for Ultimate Black in the end and have just had the confirmation that the order is placed. Dealer is saying Mid to end of October with confirmed date in two weeks. I hope it doesn't drop back as two months seems a lifetime already.

·
Registered
492 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Not too happy about these short waiting lists! Doesn't bode well for future values.
Its probably a cancelled order with same spec, there are a few coming through earlier.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
big jon said:
JLRnumber5 said:
Not too happy about these short waiting lists! Doesn't bode well for future values.
Its probably a cancelled order with same spec, there are a few coming through earlier.
Dealer said they ordered a couple in advance to cope with demand, and as you can change the spec up until Sept they can take an order from a customer and then change completely to match the new spec, having said all that I guess time will tell

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Binary said:
big jon said:
JLRnumber5 said:
Dealer said they ordered a couple in advance to cope with demand, and as you can change the spec up until Sept they can take an order from a customer and then change completely to match the new spec, having said all that I guess time will tell
Yes this is how mine was ordered too, but it would appear from this site that not all dealers did this, as some are waiting until next year for one.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Yes think ultimate is the one as its metallic so should have a bit more sparkle and reflection in the sun ? Seen one on showroom but not next to ebony so not sure how much difference.
20 inches I think is the one . 19 might just look a bit small - I think 20s look a bit small to be honest so maybe not much between 20 and 19s - they will look ok.
2 months a lifetime - lol
Been waiting over 10 months now FFS - had false dawns and even a moved forward order to give excitement - yes slot was missed so still waiting .

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mbadger77 said:
Been waiting over 10 months now FFS - had false dawns and even a moved forward order to give excitement - yes slot was missed so still waiting .
OMG 10 months! :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
10 months sounds a bit too much. I ordered mine in May, meant to get it in November, but has been moved forward to the 7th if September

2.0 portfolio, dark sapphire blue, light oyster wpl seats, panoramic glass roof, incontrol touch 325w, 19" razor wheels, cup holder cover

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
ordered mine in April arrived in June, got 19 inch wheels on portfolio and to me they look fine (the large amount of rubber makes wheels look massive, more rugged less city slicker - OK more tractor like! ) and for the off-road block paving of my drive works well (plus no need for alloy wheel insurance as it will chew up most curbs!)

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
12dadler said:
10 months sounds a bit too much. I ordered mine in May, meant to get it in November, but has been moved forward to the 7th if September

2.0 portfolio, dark sapphire blue, light oyster wpl seats, panoramic glass roof, incontrol touch 325w, 19" razor wheels, cup holder cover
Perhaps you've stolen my slot! :lol:

I ordered in May, was told 7th September, now 21st October! Over 5 months..... :(

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So just rang the dealer to get confirmation on the delivery date and he is saying it is showing 19th November rather than mid to late October. He has suggested that most cars they are seeing are coming a few weeks early but not the news I wanted to hear

1 - 12 of 12 Posts