Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I had planned to be writing a post moaning that the factory has been keeping my F-Pace for a fortnight after build and is unable or unwilling to provide an update as to what's going on. Then I learnt yesterday that she's been released for transport and called down by the dealer, so good news.

She was built on 27th September and my dealer reckoned would be ready for call down on or just after 3rd October. So I speeded up plans to sell my Q5 which involved a trip to Sheffield to Mike Brewer Motors who offered the best price. Late last week, as I headed south, there was still no news so the dealer emailed the factory for an update. At the start of this week, they got a blunt reply back saying it wasn't possible to provide an update as to the status of the vehicle. The dealer said they'd try and escalate the issue through management and offered me a courtesy car without me having to ask, which I picked up yesterday. I don't think that achieved anything as there's still no explanation for the delay, so I can only guess there was an issue with the build which needed fixing (hardly surprising!).

Incidentally, I can recommend Mike Brewer Motors (http://www.mikebrewerbuysyourcar.com) for selling your next trade-in. They offered around £1000 more than WBAC, WWAC and Tootle, plus there are no separate fees. Took around 30 minutes for them to check the car and paperwork, then they kindly gave me a lift to the station - in my car, which felt very surreal. The downside is they only have locations in Sheffield, Chesterfield and Luton. I have family in West Yorkshire so was able to combine it with a trip to see them and break up the journey from Edinburgh. The cheapest train fare back involved a very pleasant trip along the Settle-Carlisle line with its stunning scenery and I got the carriage all to myself for the last bit after all the hikers got off!

So, I haven't managed the an F-Type like a few of you, but I'm cutting my Jaguar teeth on an Ammomite XE Portfolio for now. Guess that gives me a temporary pass to the famed ammo club :cool: before I eventually join the ranks of the DSBrigade in my F-Pace..? It's a nice car but it reminds me why I made the switch to SUVs!

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Nice one Bobcat, you sound like you're managing to keep your patience and maintain a good positive outlook. I hope they sort it out without keeping you waiting too much longer. Meanwhile, enjoy your temporary honorary membership pass to the ammonite club!

And I agree about the Settle-Carlisle line, it's a stunning train journey . . what a nice way to travel back home! :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Catwoman. Hopefully I'll get chance to take the F-Pace for a spin round those parts in the not too distant future.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm in a similar situation - original build date was misquoted as the delivery date, so initially went from 3rd to 28th October.

Had a call last week that they've now moved delivery to 1st December which is disappointing. Incidentally I heard one of the reps at the dealership telling another patient FPacer (are we now F-patients?) That more cars have failed new tighter PDIs so production has slowed to account.

Not sure if this is dealership bs or actually positive... I am actually happy to wait the extra month if my new car has had better quality checks!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Not sure if I answered this elsewhere, but it seems odd they are holding some cars with the same spec and not others? Mine was built at a similar time with ITCP and it has now been delivered to me, perfectly working so far...

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I doubt very much they are holding it at the factory for the reasons your dealer states..... Perhaps they have a light delivery schedule in November and need to keep their numbers up.

Also, I thought if it was delivered to a dealer already registered it was called 'pre-registered'....

I would contact CS and try and find out more..

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Agreed, my registration was not actually finally applied to the car with the DVLA until I had paid for the car, both deposit and finance, it is done instanteously.

Otherwise they say they have registered them to their first owner and then payment didn't go through and they were stuffed with a car with an owner already, so not new...

Also what possible reason would the factory want to keep the car from the dealer? I know mine was delayed but I also know they were chasing it and knew exactly where it was at all times...

·
Banned
444 Posts
The main reasons for a car not being delivered to the dealer are:

1. Component shortage
2. Vehicle damaged in production awaiting rectification at bodyshop.
3. Dealer on credit stop and factory awaiting payment.

having recently had a tour of the production line, I saw around 6 cars that had suffered body / paint damage, pulled off the line. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts