Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've has our F-Pace R dynamic SE P250 about 7 weeks now and every so often, when stationary, it goes from Drive to Neutral without us doing anything. When this happens we can't engage drive again without restarting the car. This has led to a few impatient beeps from the traffic behind as it takes all of a few seconds to realise what has happened and engage our brains. The last time it happened I noticed the automatic stop/start function was on and the engine restarted as we had been idle too long.

Has anyone else had this problem and is it a fault? We can't make it happen - it just does.

Any advice appreciated.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I’ve had something similar happen twice I start reversing out of the drive and it goes to neutral I put it in park and it won’t go in any gear switch off and on again won’t go in gear not happened when driving tho . Last a few minutes then all good . Maybe a software update required il see how it goes but il mention it when it goes for a service later this year

·
Registered
1 Posts
We've has our F-Pace R dynamic SE P250 about 7 weeks now and every so often, when stationary, it goes from Drive to Neutral without us doing anything. When this happens we can't engage drive again without restarting the car. This has led to a few impatient beeps from the traffic behind as it takes all of a few seconds to realise what has happened and engage our brains. The last time it happened I noticed the automatic stop/start function was on and the engine restarted as we had been idle too long.

Has anyone else had this problem and is it a fault? We can't make it happen - it just does.

Any advice appreciated.
Happening to us too. Certainly annoying and somewhat dangerous. Please fix!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Further to my original post...Got in touch with the sales guy as I had another query. Mentioned exactly what I posted on here - this is the reply:

I have been doing some research on the issue we spoke about with the Car dropping into neutral.
I have been advised that given this would be a safety issue that the quickest way to get this looked at would be ring Recovery.
They should be able to get to you relatively quickly. And can come to house to get it looked at.

I certainly won't be calling recovery when stopped at traffic lights or in a queue and causing havoc when I can get going again. I think he's missed the point.

He said that he's not heard of this problem before. This is as far as I've got. If it does it again I'll make an appointment to see a technician at the dealership.

Anyone else had dealings with Jaguar on this?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Further to my original post...Got in touch with the sales guy as I had another query. Mentioned exactly what I posted on here - this is the reply:

I have been doing some research on the issue we spoke about with the Car dropping into neutral.
I have been advised that given this would be a safety issue that the quickest way to get this looked at would be ring Recovery.
They should be able to get to you relatively quickly. And can come to house to get it looked at.

I certainly won't be calling recovery when stopped at traffic lights or in a queue and causing havoc when I can get going again. I think he's missed the point.

He said that he's not heard of this problem before. This is as far as I've got. If it does it again I'll make an appointment to see a technician at the dealership.

Anyone else had dealings with Jaguar on this?
I would still call Recovery at home as they are very good & can check for fault codes logged etc whereas you may have to wait a couple of weeks to get a workshop appointment. I've used recovery & they were excellent for my issue plus they are dealing with hundreds of call outs & will have a good knowledge base. :cool:

Reactions: Heyhill

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would still call Recovery at home as they are very good & can check for fault codes logged etc whereas you may have to wait a couple of weeks to get a workshop appointment. I've used recovery & they were excellent for my issue plus they are dealing with hundreds of call outs & will have a good knowledge base. :cool:
Thanks for this. Do you mean call recovery when its not showing the fault? I took the sales guys response as calling when it happens.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Thanks for this. Do you mean call recovery when its not showing the fault? I took the sales guys response as calling when it happens.
Yes, just call them out as it is a 'safety' issue.

·
Registered
138 Posts
get yourself to somewhere safe and call - somewhere safe could be your driveway as it just happened at the last junction?
it could be seen as abuse of the recovery service if you could make it to the dealer - if its safety thing you wouldnt want to drive it too far i guess is what the dealer is suggesting?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all,

Took delivery of a new P250 last month. Have had this issue twice now at red lights, first time thought it was me mistakenly shifting the gear (coming from manual), twice in 2 days is less likely!

Did anyone have any progress on this issue?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi all,

Took delivery of a new P250 last month. Have had this issue twice now at red lights, first time thought it was me mistakenly shifting the gear (coming from manual), twice in 2 days is less likely!

Did anyone have any progress on this issue?

Thanks!
Posted in the thread today - this is the gist of it:
Advice from Dealer was to call out Jaguar Recovery the next time it happened, which I did when I got home.
The Jag technician plugged in his diagnostic laptop and no fault could be found. His theory is that when stopped at Junction with Drive selected do not keep foot on brake when the hold light illuminates. If you do, the car is trying to Drive but Brake won’t let it so the gear box oil heats up and puts itself in Neutral as a protection measure.
It’s happen once since his visit and it was when I had my foot on the brake pedal while in hold and then hit the gas.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks. I did have a Jaguar technician visit. He did diagnostics similar to yours and found this is a known issue (perhaps wasn't at the time of your visit). To do with Auto-Stop not sending the correct signal back to the gearbox .There is a bulletin he found that this is an issue regarding the software and gearbox module. Apparently this was due to be fixed mid-May. He advised to get them to come back early June to apply the fix if it hasn't been pushed OTA by then. I've not seen any new updates yet so will be calling them again in early June. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
‘22 reg F Pace R Dynamic SE 250 AWD
1 Posts
I’m having the same issue with the exact same model of car. I’ve had the car 7 weeks! I’m booked into the dealership next week for them to have a look at. I’m going to try putting the car in neutral when in traffic, then drop back into drive when I’m pulling away. I’ve literally just got in after this incident at a roundabout. I quickly stick the ‘hazards’ on until I’ve got ‘drive’ again. It’s interesting that we’ve all got the Dynamic 250 🥺

1 - 13 of 13 Posts