Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
One thing is for sure it would be very difficult to find something similar like F pace in other brands.
The way car looks and handles including transmission response.
I hate those dual clutch, where as F Pace has ZF transmission such a smooth experience.and equally responsive.

·
Registered
334 Posts
So far my Q3 has been perfect, but on Q3 forum the newer ones have quite many issues with the multimedia system so no car is perfect it's just luck now a days you can get a good one or a lemon.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Tell me about it . Bit stuck until car is fixed. Jagaur Hull are the ones doing the work, as dealer I purcahsed from are over 200 miles away. Never even been there ,deal was done remotely and car delivered.

Best option by far is to sell back to supplying dealers. They have given me a price which is good due to increase in value more than I paid for it

But problem is that it needs to be fixed before they will buy it back.

Hope they get on and get it fixed next week. Its been with them a week on Monday

I Like the Audi A6 and BMW 3 and 5 series but not going to get blind spot and 360 cameras as very few are specd with them. E class has 360 cameras, but had one before and fancy a change.

I seem to be an expert at buying a 🍋

I lurge from wanting to keep it to wanting to go and burn it out on an almost minutely basis

·
Registered
334 Posts
I know that feeling.
Slightest imperfection and it keeps bugging.
After F Pace I short listed to GLC coupe AMG line premium plus in petrol but none were available new whole of UK I think, X3 don't like the shape, X4 but with some decent spec were getting expensive, Q5 again don't like the shape interior or exterior.
Suddenly saw Q3 coupe made me interested but nothing readily available then there was RSQ3 in showroom I nearly finalised it love at first sight like F Pace then the other half said price is not justified and where are you going to use this much of BHP valid point then went for 250BHP Q3 vorsprung, I have been a petrol head my whole life so diesel was never an option.
It's a small car probably sits between suv and a car had to sacrifice space 🙄 but hey maybe JLR will improve reliability and I might come back

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)

Sorry Skoda not doing it for me .I sound a snob but under no illusion I'm driving a Tata badged as a premium brand. With parts out of the pound bargain bin

May end up keeping Fpace for short term see how it goes .Once it's ever fixed. Not ideal but the circumstances dictate

If it fails with same fault again slam dunk automatic rejection

Also to keep monthly payments sensible I put a fair deposit in and if it continues to go up or even stay the same sort of value. I should come away with a decent bit back .

Then if investment fund keeps going up I'll pull some from that and bin pcps off

One thing I wont return to JLR again once I leave ,and even if I keep fpace for the full pcp term I won't buy one again.

Arrogant customer services and dealers . Life owning one is hassle .

I fail to see how they continue to get away with issues. Take the alternator belt they refuse to comment when you point them to the thread where others are having exact same issue.

Although so far I appear to be only one that when alternator belt shredded it took water pump belt out with it

I hope one day they go to the wall.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
Thanks I can sleep well knowing that. Ask JLR for a badge for your loyalty to the brand.

You have no idea how many issues my car has had and the poor service and hassle it's caused..

They actually know about these alternator faults and have applied a software update .I have an email confirming this, as car is now fixed.

Waiting on the goodwill gesture for all the problems not just this one. Why not screenshot what I said and send it to JLR or be a Karen and ring up CRC and show them the comment .They might withdraw their goodwill offer and save a few quid . Oh they won't do that ,as they don't take forum comments into account.

Despite being aware of this issue with belts. Rather than doing a recall to apply update they'd rather put people in potential danger

It didn't happen but what if car cuts out in fast lane etc .My wives safety is more important than JLRs bank balance.

Call me fussy but I expect a car of that price point to be of satisfactory quality and its been far from it. Its been at dealers for valid problems to be fixed 4 months out of the six months I've owned it

Maybe they should take the CEO'S advice and get on top of relaibilty .

·
Registered
334 Posts
I believe below is where one need to inform and manufacturers to get serious rather then making a fool out of us.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
Thanks for the link. Not interested in reporting . As mines fixed and software update applied and been offered a gesture of goodwill all good as far as I'm concerned . Going to see how it performs over the next few months, As it gone up in value I also have option to bin it off . No rush eiether way

With all due respect, If I can get gestures of goodwill and reject previous JLR products and not be charged fair use .I'm more than capable of finding out who and where I need to report it ,but thanks for your research on my behalf.

Making fools don't follow, and not interested, as per the saying entertain a clown and you become part of the circus

Never used owners forums before, and can see it does not go down well when you criticise the product if you've had a bad experience. No objectivity. You love it here that much ,you don't even own a JLR product and you're still piping up. Is the Audi owners forum a bit dead.

Close delete this thread or my account not really bothered

·
Registered
651 Posts
Ok so you have had a bad experience
I think we get it
I had a bad experience similar to yours but I wish JLR all the best and that they don't '...go to the wall...'
No chance of them going to the wall, but JLR might end up with different owners , the warranty repairs across both brands is disgraceful

Reactions: JustinFpace

·
Registered
334 Posts
Thanks for the link. Not interested in reporting . As mines fixed and software update applied and been offered a gesture of goodwill all good as far as I'm concerned . Going to see how it performs over the next few months, As it gone up in value I also have option to bin it off . No rush eiether way

With all due respect, If I can get gestures of goodwill and reject previous JLR products and not be charged fair use .I'm more than capable of finding out who and where I need to report it ,but thanks for your research on my behalf.

Making fools don't follow, and not interested, as per the saying entertain a clown and you become part of the circus

Never used owners forums before, and can see it does not go down well when you criticise the product if you've had a bad experience. No objectivity. You love it here that much ,you don't even own a JLR product and you're still piping up. Is the Audi owners forum a bit dead.

Close delete this thread or my account not really bothered
As mentioned earlier like you I still love the car, yes I don't own it anymore but the amount of hassle I have been was enormous physical and mental torture of 18 months, the reason I keep coming to see the trend where people will speak about how good the reliability is etc. Unfortunately it's not changed.
As for the Audi forum to be honest mostly it's just idle chit chat with some good stories hardly someone is complaining and those who do are at high mileage 8 year old etc....which is justified.
I would still want JLR to excel and be successful as it's a British brand although owned by TATA.
Probably their strategy of cost cutting is causing this reliability issue.

Apologies if I have offended anyone personally never meant it that way but what is right is right what is wrong is wrong that's what I believe.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
No worries. I probably have been overly negative with my comments towards JLR. I must have some time for them as I have had 4 evoques 3 of which were hassle machines ,and here I am again in one of their cars my choice no one held a gun to my head.

If they could get on top of reliability they would be onto a winner as exterior and interior wise you can't fault any of the range

Im not here to cause confrontation, and you certainly haven't offended me 👍

I totally get you with the mental torture Last week that car dominated my whole week. Phone calls ,4 hours out of my day to go collect a loan car. Looking for a replacement which as discussed is not easy..Now on way home from collecting it I reckon I've been done by a mobile speed camera van 🙄

I hope now car is fixed. I have had my run of bad luck and can use it for its intended purpose .

Side note how did you manage to get seen by a salesman in Audi. Popped into Audi dealers yesterday after collecting FPace I spent 10 minutes looking at Q5 in showroom.The place was empty and not one sales person came to to see me. I must look a bit rough 😁.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Oh my God fingers crossed I hope that mobile van has missed you.
I hope everything would be OK with your car.
Well that was August 2020 when I went to Audi and found my current ride.
Few days back I tried as my Mrs wanted something for her use called the same guy in Audi he said there is queue of people just wanting a car so discussion ended at that point.
Anyway found smart forfour electric which potentially dealer said readily available but it was not , after putting deposit they said car is on way to UK it should be here within few days lol...so have been waiting for them to deliver it's going to be 3 weeks since we put deposit.
It's not right time to change a car anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just to add, another instance of the alternator belt lunching itself... Ours, a 21 plate D200, with 6k miles. Charging system fault error message came up on screen, with no symptoms. Pulled up at next services about 10 miles on, check battery etc, seems to start fine...

Ring Jag assist and they advise can continue driving if no loss of power. We booked car in to be checked back at home as made the decisions to not try to get to our destination and turn back. Get on the A1M and about 2 miles in, loads of warning lights come and we loose drive and coast to the hard shoulder / verge. Stranded on the hard shoulder until the AA turn up and pull out a shredded alternator belt from under the bonnet! Have to then await a recovery truck and now with Jag for repair

I really hope this doesn't occur again!!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Seems like similar issues with Velar someone stating it has been twice now.
Same car different style anyways.
Might be switch off auto start stop everytime that might help till full and final solution is available.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is ridiculous. I’ve just picked up our new f pace (Oct build) on the weekend, pretty much the same spec as yours @Rix . Whilst excited about it, this issue is on my mind.

Jaguar really need to speak up about this. Definitely seems some sort of recall is needed here. It’s a really nice car but knowing this issue possibly lies in wait is not a nice feeling.

Going to contact the local dealer and see if they see if my car is “affected”. Hope this gets sorted for us all.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 · (Edited)
Good idea ref checking with the dealers whether your car is affected. A software update has been applied to mine which is supposed to put less load on the belts. I wouldn't rely on yours being new out of the factory , means it has all the software up-to-date. Last year they send lots of JLR cars out needing a shared secrets update as incontrol would not link to the car. They seem to adopt a head in the sand approach to known issues.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Good idea ref checking with the dealers whether your car is affected. A software update has been applied to mine which is supposed to put less load on the belts. I wouldn't rely on yours being new out of the factory , means it has all the software up-to-date. Last year they send lots of JLR cars out needing a shared secrets update as incontrol would not link to the car. They seem to adopt a head in the sand approach to known issues.

Mines been fixed ,its been back 3 weeks .I still like the car, but certainly don't trust it at all. As another poster said , a few Velars seem to have had the same problem.

JLR should really address this as its a safety issue. Just glad my Wife was able to get across onto the hardshoulder when the alternator belt shredded and took the water pump belt out with it.

Here is the email the dealers sent me. Hope it's correct that a software update has sorted this. As a precaution I have turned the start/stop off

View attachment 9009

Your situation is awful but you do realize that these things happen to all car brands, right? You can't be serious to think a GLE will never ever have an issue... I can't believe that.

I say this because while reading a couple of your comments, it seems to me you think only JLR has ever had car rejections, as if "car rejections" have been "invented" because of JLR products. Please...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 · (Edited)
Knew I shouldn't have replied .I was just trying to help by pointing out their is a supposed fix for the alternator belt issue .Certainly was not to open a debate up about my thoughts on JLR. Certainly not comments I made 3 weeks ago

Of course I am aware other cars have issues, but from experience I have never had such faults with BMW or Mercedes certainly not at less than 6 months old.

I would bet my house on it ,that JLR finance face more rejection cases than any other brand.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Knew I shouldn't have replied .I was just trying to help by pointing out their is a supposed fix for the alternator belt issue .Certainly was not to open a debate up about my thoughts on JLR. Certainly not comments I made 3 weeks ago

Of course I am aware other cars have issues, but from experience I have never had such faults with BMW or Mercedes certainly not at less than 6 months .

I would bet my house on it ,that JLR finance face more rejection cases than any other brand.
When we talk about early, engineering or manufacturing faults, the most logical thing is to face them in the first few thousand miles. Think about it. The fact that you haven't had such faults with BMW and Mercedes doesn't mean they don't happen. If you don't believe it, just do some research.

Here are some of the latest threads on the 2020-present GLE forum of MBWORLD:
1. Oil Level gauge on 2021 GLE 450
2. Consumer Reports - 2022 GLE Named Least Reliable Vehicle
3. 2020 GLE Stalling in Traffic - what's the issue?
4. high-pitched whistling sound
5. 2020 GLE 350 Quality Issues

I get that your car's problems are extremely unpleasant but I don't get the self-punishing thoughts you have. If you calm down, you can face the reality and accept it. If you don't like the car - sell it, no need to roast it, as any car can be unreliable.

Another thing to consider is car forums are a place for enthusiasts and people who have problems with their cars. So if you read the forums, you can get the sense that any car is unreliable, but that's what the warranty is for, right? 99.9% of the people just drive their cars without sharing their thoughts on forums, and most of them don't have any issues AT ALL.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts