Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 17 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Latest fault on my my21 Fpace with 4800 miles on it

It's broken down for my Wife on hard shoulder of M42 at 2pm today. 150 miles from home

Warning came up about overheating

She's been taken by JLR assist to a service station . Car has been left there, as recovery driver had done his driving hours

She 150 miles away waiting for taxi to bring her home

An AA tech has looked at car and is staying with it until another driver collects it to take it on to our local dealers. He said one water pump belt has slipped and another belt is shredded. Said this should not happen on a new car

Disgusting . This car has already got rejection case open as needed whole new back exhaust due to stuck valves

Owning a JLR product is a nightmare.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still hasn't arrived at dealership it's been in storage overnight.

Nice car but enough is enough should of learnt my lesson after having to reject an Evoque ,I had from new that suffered balance shaft failure twice

I traded in an 8 month old reliable Mercedes GLE for this hassle 馃檭

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks for the good wishes

Was supplied a taxi paid for byJLR to collect a loan car from dealership yesterday

My FPace had been transported to the dealership that morning. So it was there when I arrived .I couldn't see the belts. I had a good look but couldn't locate them馃檭

What I did notice was coolant has come out of top of expansion tank

Also not sure if this has any bearing on the overheating but when speaking with service manager in addition to the rear exhaust section which was changed as exhaust had stuck valves back in September. I also found out it had the EGR cooler replaced

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Just had a call from dealership . 1st impressions are the alternator has been moving around and the belt has shredded and when it's done this it's taken out the water pump belt

Not brilliant on a car with 4800 miles on it that was new in March

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alternator moving around 鈥︹. Wow.

Whilst it鈥檚 hard to believe on a modern car (or an old one come to that !!!!), it could make some sense explaining the symptoms of shredded belts.

Have the bolts come loose, or not initially torqued up I wonder. Did you hear any rattling on starting before the shredding ?

Cheers Will 馃檨

Hi my wife was driving car on motorway . I assume she had music on as she said she didn't hear any unusual noises Said no symptons just became aware of the overheating warning on dash so pulled over to hard shoulder.

It appears a few other MY21 have had this belt shredding. Not sure on how alternator may have moved. Just going on what the dealer told me when they called today.

They have ordered some parts and will have to check if engine has been damaged from overheating. I personally never want to see the pile of junk again.

I just can't understand how they get away with making such unreliable cars. Even the new CEO has said publicly they need to get on top of reliability. That's all they do is talk a good game and offer faux apologies when you are faced with the next load of hassle .

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Already had rejection open on the exhaust valve issue. This latest issue has been added to case Jaguar Financial Services already 2 weeks over 56 days time frame. Can't be bothered to get ombudsman involved.

Best option appears to be sell back to dealers ,as one thing going in cars favour is that it has gone up in value in fact more than I paid. I ordered through carwow and got a discount and also was a manufacturers contribution at the time.

Jaguar won't swap the car .They just offer faux apologises. If this is such an issue as it appears to be with alternator belts Their is a thread open where a few have suffered this. What are JLR doing about it.

My worry is they replace parts like for like and this happens again.

Feel I have no choice other than to sell car and end this nightmare. Annoying as mentioned previously I traded in an 8 month old GLE for this. I ain't getting that back especially with prices for them going up considerably

It's a shame as the car looks lovely but I didn't buy it for that sole purpose

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
As it stands selling it back to the dealers is 7 grand more profitable than rejecting it , and that is even if JLR finance gave me back all my payments since April. That is why I'm not really pushing finance company.

No chance of getting car swapped and under no illusion another JLR car would have similar problems.

I've had 4 evoques 3 rejected and now this FPace. They say the definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results 馃槅

Dilemma is what to get as I need a car.

Mine is still at a different dealers from the one I purchased it from. I assume waiting for parts and engine needs checking to see if any over heating damage when alternator belt wiped out water pump belt

Shame as it is a nice car when it works.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Tell me about it . Bit stuck until car is fixed. Jagaur Hull are the ones doing the work, as dealer I purcahsed from are over 200 miles away. Never even been there ,deal was done remotely and car delivered.

Best option by far is to sell back to supplying dealers. They have given me a price which is good due to increase in value more than I paid for it

But problem is that it needs to be fixed before they will buy it back.

Hope they get on and get it fixed next week. Its been with them a week on Monday

I Like the Audi A6 and BMW 3 and 5 series but not going to get blind spot and 360 cameras as very few are specd with them. E class has 360 cameras, but had one before and fancy a change.

I seem to be an expert at buying a 馃崑

I lurge from wanting to keep it to wanting to go and burn it out on an almost minutely basis

Registered
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)

Sorry Skoda not doing it for me .I sound a snob but under no illusion I'm driving a Tata badged as a premium brand. With parts out of the pound bargain bin

May end up keeping Fpace for short term see how it goes .Once it's ever fixed. Not ideal but the circumstances dictate

If it fails with same fault again slam dunk automatic rejection

Also to keep monthly payments sensible I put a fair deposit in and if it continues to go up or even stay the same sort of value. I should come away with a decent bit back .

Then if investment fund keeps going up I'll pull some from that and bin pcps off

One thing I wont return to JLR again once I leave ,and even if I keep fpace for the full pcp term I won't buy one again.

Arrogant customer services and dealers . Life owning one is hassle .

I fail to see how they continue to get away with issues. Take the alternator belt they refuse to comment when you point them to the thread where others are having exact same issue.

Although so far I appear to be only one that when alternator belt shredded it took water pump belt out with it

I hope one day they go to the wall.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
Thanks I can sleep well knowing that. Ask JLR for a badge for your loyalty to the brand.

You have no idea how many issues my car has had and the poor service and hassle it's caused..

They actually know about these alternator faults and have applied a software update .I have an email confirming this, as car is now fixed.

Waiting on the goodwill gesture for all the problems not just this one. Why not screenshot what I said and send it to JLR or be a Karen and ring up CRC and show them the comment .They might withdraw their goodwill offer and save a few quid . Oh they won't do that ,as they don't take forum comments into account.

Despite being aware of this issue with belts. Rather than doing a recall to apply update they'd rather put people in potential danger

It didn't happen but what if car cuts out in fast lane etc .My wives safety is more important than JLRs bank balance.

Call me fussy but I expect a car of that price point to be of satisfactory quality and its been far from it. Its been at dealers for valid problems to be fixed 4 months out of the six months I've owned it

Maybe they should take the CEO'S advice and get on top of relaibilty .

Registered
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
Thanks for the link. Not interested in reporting . As mines fixed and software update applied and been offered a gesture of goodwill all good as far as I'm concerned . Going to see how it performs over the next few months, As it gone up in value I also have option to bin it off . No rush eiether way

With all due respect, If I can get gestures of goodwill and reject previous JLR products and not be charged fair use .I'm more than capable of finding out who and where I need to report it ,but thanks for your research on my behalf.

Making fools don't follow, and not interested, as per the saying entertain a clown and you become part of the circus

Never used owners forums before, and can see it does not go down well when you criticise the product if you've had a bad experience. No objectivity. You love it here that much ,you don't even own a JLR product and you're still piping up. Is the Audi owners forum a bit dead.

Close delete this thread or my account not really bothered

Registered
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
No worries. I probably have been overly negative with my comments towards JLR. I must have some time for them as I have had 4 evoques 3 of which were hassle machines ,and here I am again in one of their cars my choice no one held a gun to my head.

If they could get on top of reliability they would be onto a winner as exterior and interior wise you can't fault any of the range

Im not here to cause confrontation, and you certainly haven't offended me 馃憤

I totally get you with the mental torture Last week that car dominated my whole week. Phone calls ,4 hours out of my day to go collect a loan car. Looking for a replacement which as discussed is not easy..Now on way home from collecting it I reckon I've been done by a mobile speed camera van 馃檮

I hope now car is fixed. I have had my run of bad luck and can use it for its intended purpose .

Side note how did you manage to get seen by a salesman in Audi. Popped into Audi dealers yesterday after collecting FPace I spent 10 minutes looking at Q5 in showroom.The place was empty and not one sales person came to to see me. I must look a bit rough 馃榿.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #37 · (Edited)
Good idea ref checking with the dealers whether your car is affected. A software update has been applied to mine which is supposed to put less load on the belts. I wouldn't rely on yours being new out of the factory , means it has all the software up-to-date. Last year they send lots of JLR cars out needing a shared secrets update as incontrol would not link to the car. They seem to adopt a head in the sand approach to known issues.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #39 · (Edited)
Knew I shouldn't have replied .I was just trying to help by pointing out their is a supposed fix for the alternator belt issue .Certainly was not to open a debate up about my thoughts on JLR. Certainly not comments I made 3 weeks ago

Of course I am aware other cars have issues, but from experience I have never had such faults with BMW or Mercedes certainly not at less than 6 months old.

I would bet my house on it ,that JLR finance face more rejection cases than any other brand.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #41 · (Edited)
Not wanting to bump this any further. I was hoping the email i posted ref the software update /fix would be useful and would not be buried in replies about my personal thoughts on JLR .

I get your points but I have had to reject two Evoques in the past . Now JLR finance don't allow rejection because you've had buyers remorse. They both had unacceptable problems

So I am using my own personal experience, rather than the opinions on a forum . Knowing of the hassle I have had in the past owning JLR cars I was happy to buy my FPace no one made me buy it.

I get the problems that GLE also has, but of no interest to me , as I don't own one anymore. Despite the issues I have had I still prefer the Fpace for looks and interior .

Now keeping the car at the moment . I had a generous goodwill offer from all parties concerned. Also I'm safe in the knowledge that if belts snap again it is an automatic rejection as they will have had their one chance to fix

1 - 17 of 19 Posts