Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I have run out of oil ! is this a typical fault in warning lights, I am worried it has done damage to my vehicle as it sounds like a bucket of spanners !

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
:lol: . . dipstick . . hard to credit . . . but really, 'truly scrumptious'! :roll: . . need to get yourself an EV, they don't use oil . . ;)

·
Registered
685 Posts
Has you car actually got a dipstick, it depends on the model mine hasn't, just relies on the electronic sensor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Now I have run out of oil ! is this a typical fault in warning lights, I am worried it has done damage to my vehicle as it sounds like a bucket of spanners !
This has just happened to me and my engine sounds exactly like this. Do you mind me asking what happened or whether it fixed itself after a few runs? Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sounds like you might have damaged your big end bearings, best get it checked out !

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hopefully it is just some ancillary part of the engine that's rattling that can be replaced, big ends would mean a new engine. As regards to the oil light in my experience (not my f pace) if the oil light has come on whilst driving it's already too late and damage has been done. Please let us know what the outcome is.

·
Super Moderator
5,060 Posts
Another question to ask is if your car is regularly serviced and had the full amount of oil, where has the engine oil gone?

Engines in good condition do not just loose all the oil, a little yes over time but not all the oil and not all the oil between services.

So where has the oil gone?

·
Registered
36 Posts
The service interval for the 2.0d ( if that's the engine were talking about) is every 2 years or 21000miles. That's enough time to run out of oil, the 2.0d does use quite a bit of oil. However you should check the engine oil every few fill ups of course.
I will be getting my oil changed once a year I don't think it can be good to leave it that long if you intend to keep the car.

·
Registered
88 Posts
@paddypaws are you thinking of the oil pressure light, the OP is talking about oil level.
If the big ends are away its more like a wee man with a big hammer.
The box of spanners is probably more top end cams and followers etc.
I would get an oil change to keep things right.

·
Registered
36 Posts
@paddypaws are you thinking of the oil pressure light, the OP is talking about oil level.
If the big ends are away its more like a wee man with a big hammer.
The box of spanners is probably more top end cams and followers etc.
I would get an oil change to keep things right.
There is no oil level light on the 2.0 only oil pressure. Oil level is checked with a dipstick.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts