Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all (first post),

I purchased a nice 3L 300 Sport a week ago and wanted to run something by the members here.
It came with 22" wheels and Pirelli P Zero tyres (265/40R22Y 106)

I traded in a Grand Cherokee with air suspension so I am feeling it a little over the bumps. I have been offered some brand new Jaguar 20" wheels with Pirelli Scorpion winter tyres (255/50R20 109 M & S XL).

I was thinking of changing them over just through the winter months but am I opening up a can of worms? For example TPMS reprogramming and also will the computer might say no!

Bring back the old days when you could easily change virtually on your motor
Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
521 Posts
I run 255/55 R19 111W Pirelli Scorpion Zero All Season M+S on my F-Pace, having replaced the Pirelli P-Zero that came with the car, and am very pleased with them. Much quieter and with better grip - no more skipping and banging my way across the Aldi car park when it's cold. The new tyre you propose is about 1% smaller (rolling diameter is 30" vs 30.3") so you will go very slightly slower at the same indicated speed, although the difference is negligible. You will of course have to tell your insurers.

I've never swapped my wheels but from my very limited knowledge of TPMS I think the car will pick up the new wheels and tyres after you have driven a few miles, but others who have done this will be able to comment better.

·
Registered
685 Posts
TPMS will pick up new sensors in a mile or two, as long as new tyres are correct size and specification they will be OK

·
Registered
31 Posts
What has already been said. TPMS will simply pick up after a few miles. I had a few odd pressure reading initially, but after about 5 miles they were all reading correct

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What has already been said. TPMS will simply pick up after a few miles. I had a few odd pressure reading initially, but after about 5 miles they were all reading correct
I run 255/55 R19 111W Pirelli Scorpion Zero All Season M+S on my F-Pace, having replaced the Pirelli P-Zero that came with the car, and am very pleased with them. Much quieter and with better grip - no more skipping and banging my way across the Aldi car park when it's cold. The new tyre you propose is about 1% smaller (rolling diameter is 30" vs 30.3") so you will go very slightly slower at the same indicated speed, although the difference is negligible. You will of course have to tell your insurers.

I've never swapped my wheels but from my very limited knowledge of TPMS I think the car will pick up the new wheels and tyres after you have driven a few miles, but others who have done this will be able to comment better.
Thanks very much for your invaluable advice guys.
You've told me what I need to know

Bruno

1 - 5 of 5 Posts