Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I'm excited to join a group of Jag obsessives! A great way to get advice. (I was a member of the (Golf) GTI forum but a wife and child meant no more hot hatches)

So I've test driven.

- Porsche Macan (I liked this car)
- jag F pace 3.0 s (my favourite interms of vfm, boot space etc but it may be too expensive)
- Audi sq5 (great engine sound in sports mode, lovely interior but bland compared to f pace!

Questions I would a appreciate any advice/comments on;

- is the f pace r sport going to be anything like the 3.0 V6? 180bhp seems underpowered to me (it's far more affordable than the s
- does the r sport have exhausts spread out across the rear like the s?
- are 22inch wheels too hard a drive for a family?
- extras - so I would order fixed panoramic roof, black pack, black venoms or helix, privacy glass on solid black paint. I know extras are v subjective but Anything else that's "essential"?
- I need the f pace next May when my company vehicle goes back. When should I order?
- is a pcp deal with jaguar a good route?

Many thanks and I look forward to chatting more and sharing stories!

Best

Jonny

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Welcome to the world of Jag F Pace, Jonny

All the magazines say 180bhp is "adequate" I went for the 3L diesel S
R sport has two exhausts next to each other on one side, S has one each side
No, 22" give a surprisingly good ride
14 ways seats, auto, In touch pro
Luck of the draw, mine was 10 weeks, others a year!
Get a pcp quote from someone else and ask Jag to match it is your best bet
Piers

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Go and test drive the R-sport or another 2.0 variant. I couldn't bring myself to spend the extra £9k on the 3.0 diesel and so far not disappointed with 2.0. I'm impressed at how the car changes character in dynamic mode, it might just be the heavier feel to the steering. If I could have afforded to buy the 3.0 I would have, but in no way am I disappointed in the 2.0

Drive one and see what you think, after all no one here can tell you if you would enjoy something more, its subjective.

Also if you are replacing a company vehicle with your own financed one, then look at the road tax changes from 1 April 2017, it might be worth having the car before 1 April, it will save you £300/year in road tax. Optimum registration period - 1 March to 31 March 2017 (you get 17 plate and lower road tax!)

·
Registered
453 Posts
RaVolVoR said:
Go and test drive the R-sport or another 2.0 variant. I couldn't bring myself to spend the extra £9k on the 3.0 diesel and so far not disappointed with 2.0. I'm impressed at how the car changes character in dynamic mode, it might just be the heavier feel to the steering. If I could have afforded to buy the 3.0 I would have, but in no way am I disappointed in the 2.0

Drive one and see what you think, after all no one here can tell you if you would enjoy something more, its subjective.

Also if you are replacing a company vehicle with your own financed one, then look at the road tax changes from 1 April 2017, it might be worth having the car before 1 April, it will save you £300/year in road tax. Optimum registration period - 1 March to 31 March 2017 (you get 17 plate and lower road tax!)
I totally agree im very happy with my R Sport ive done just over 3K miles and the engine is loosening up very nicely it drives great it has enough power and when you have it in dynamic and sport mode together the difference is very very noticeable from normal .

I do think best performance is yet to come as the miles go on..

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brilliant advice. Thanks to all who responded.
Iam test driving an r sport on Friday and again at another dealership on Saturday.
Shame the exhausts are not like the s. I prefer them spaced apart rather than together.

Can I get red brake calipers for the r sport? And can I get it chipped!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Jonnyzander said:
Brilliant advice. Thanks to all who responded.
Iam test driving an r sport on Friday and again at another dealership on Saturday.
Shame the exhausts are not like the s. I prefer them spaced apart rather than together.

Can I get red brake calipers for the r sport? And can I get it chipped!
Ive got my brake calipers painted red and am considering getting it re-mapped but at a reputable engineering firm called J E Engineering who do a lot of work and landrovers and rangerovers but its about £700

http://jemotorworks.co.uk/

As for the performance ive got about 3K miles on mine now and the engine is loosening up great....

Have to say ive only recently discovered that if you put the car in to sport and dynamic together the car is more responsive and feels quicker than just dynamic in drive.

If you drive a car that hasnt got at least 2k miles on the clock its going to feel a bit tight.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
I know an extremely reputable ECU remap company if you are interested. They say their work is undetectable, and will also offer to reverse FOC at any point if necessary. I've known the owner many years. His remap on the 2.0d takes it to 210PS/490Nm

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
JLRS guy sounds decent but I know these guys have been doing Jag upgrades for years also
Gives you an idea of price and they say up to 38HP extra which I think is just about the boost you may want to the 2.0
https://www.paramount-performance.com/Jaguar-F-Pace/

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
I know an extremely reputable ECU remap company if you are interested. They say their work is undetectable, and will also offer to reverse FOC at any point if necessary. I've known the owner many years. His remap on the 2.0d takes it to 210PS/490Nm
The undetectable is good. What part of country ?
Down the road I certainly may give mine a boost. Unless the SVR is out and I may well have bought that lol

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Mbadger77 said:
JLRnumber5 said:
The undetectable is good. What part of country ?
Down the road I certainly may give mine a boost. Unless the SVR is out and I may well have bought that lol
Caterham. Google Expert Tuning.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Very good. My part of the world - almost not too far. Will keep in mind if I need to get a bit more

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
corriescar66 said:
From the pictures you posted, it looks like you were in Guy Salmon Thames Ditton? Is this your part of the world? Have you ordered from them?
I've been there and ordered

1 - 13 of 13 Posts