Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it was meant to be built 6th May built it was built yesterday afternoon ( I have a VIN so know it's true) . It's currently in the despatch yard at Solihull. I'm being told maybe one week to my dealer :)

Stay tuned for lots of pictures when it arrives :D

·
Registered
453 Posts
DAL said:
So it was meant to be built 6th May built it was built yesterday afternoon ( I have a VIN so know it's true) . It's currently in the despatch yard at Solihull. I'm being told maybe one week to my dealer :)

Hey ace, mine is supposed to be 6th may hopefully mine built sooner to fingers crossed..

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Did your dealer proactively call you to let you know ?

Good news. Pleased for you.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I think you will be the first Petrol user we have - Good work.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mbadger77 said:
Did your dealer proactively call you to let you know ?

Good news. Pleased for you.
I have a mole at JLR ;)

Apparently after build they go to the dispatch yard, from there (1-2 days) they go to a dealer compound where your dealer has to request a pull down for delivery (this is where a good dealer should make a difference). I've contacted my dealer (bloody salesman in off today lol) to ask them to pull down my car from the UK Dealer compound and to request a preparation slot (they seem concerned I know more about the process than most :twisted: )

The dealer should pull from the compound within 4 days of build and then you have delivery to your dealer (1-2 weeks?) plus PDI, update, Incontrol prep etc by your dealer...

·
Registered
242 Posts
I was told my car build will start today and 3-4 weeks to build and no time given to deliver to dealer.

I am puzzled as when I toured factory they told me 3 days to build a car.

I am waiting for my VIN number from dealer so I can check but they are absolutely hopeless at communication.

After a test drive 8 days ago I discussed finance with them and they where going to email quote still haven't recieved even though I have called several times.

It takes them 3 to 5 days to respond to emails.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FPTrevor, Build is definitely 1-2 days to complete a car start to finish. jagscat and I also did the tour and this was confirmed many times across the morning. My JLR contact also confirms the build time.

Sounds like you need a chat with your dealer principle perhaps?

·
Registered
242 Posts
This was in an email from a contact in the Executive office at Jaguar
"Having checked your order, I can confirm your vehicle is due to go into build on 29/04/2016. Normally, build will take around 3-4 weeks and will then go through quality control prior to being delivered to the retailer, Stratstone, Newcastle."

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FPTrevor said:
This was in an email from a contact in the Executive office at Jaguar
"Having checked your order, I can confirm your vehicle is due to go into build on 29/04/2016. Normally, build will take around 3-4 weeks and will then go through quality control prior to being delivered to the retailer, Stratstone, Newcastle."
I think they are being conservative and factoring in delivery to dealer etc. My car was built in a day and is sat in a Jag Solihull compound, what I don't know for sure is how long the Jaguar checks, delivery to dealer and then dealer checks will take???

·
Registered
242 Posts
Rang my dealer to get VIN number , guy asked why when I told him he said the site wasn't reliable but then checked and my car is built and in the distribution depot and would I like it called down of course I !!!!!!! want it called down should be here next week.

HOORAY!!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
DAL said:

Great news. We'll hold you to the offer of lots of pictures.

Looking forward to a real world perspective on the petrol V6 :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
FPTrevor said:
Rang my dealer to get VIN number , guy asked why when I told him he said the site wasn't reliable but then checked and my car is built and in the distribution depot and would I like it called down of course I !!!!!!! want it called down should be here next week.

HOORAY!!!
Great news :)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cobstar said:
FPTrevor said:

HOORAY!!!
Great news :)
+1 :D lets keep each other informed on delivery to dealer and handover, I'm with HA Fox Nottingham, you?

·
Registered
922 Posts
Great to hear DAL... I will give my dealer a shout tomorrow as we had the same delivery times ish!! A bit concerning over the 5000 back log of cars and increased shift patterns... Just hope the quality won't slip as a consequence!! I know I would be frustrated if my car is built and just sitting idle in a compound, when it should be on the road being enjoyed.
Yes up for a pint when your down this way.... As long as I have mine too... Or I will not be responsible for my actions... Meaning I will be sulking and grumpy... well more so than usual!! ... Maybe your mole can do a bit more digging for me...I will take a first edition if they have one lying around at the same price for my R sport...I'm not proud...could live with that!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
FPTrevor said:
Yes I haven't found them to be what i expected very poor communication.
1 week ago I was getting the car first week of June now first week of May not complaining.
that's good. Mine is down for June 3rd but haven't heard anything. Did chase dealer but no news yet either way.
I'll be happy if it sticks at June 3rd if earlier great but let's see.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Tentatively 12th May is my collection date :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.