Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked it up today form Marshalls Oxford (nee Ridgeway Oxford)

Obviously it's been very wet, which has hindered my testing somewhat, but so far:

ITCP is working perfectly
No panel gap issues
All cameras and parking sensors are working fine
Bluetooth to multiple phones is good.
HUD is excellent - I already don't know how I survived without it

Coming from my XF Sportbrake PL, I would say the step up in quality is noticeable.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Glad to hear all is good, just a point of caution, i have the HUD unit and it does not always show the correct speed limits on roads so if you go somewhere you have not been before my advice is to use the speed limit advice with caution.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
Glad to hear all is good, just a point of caution, i have the HUD unit and it does not always show the correct speed limits on roads so if you go somewhere you have not been before my advice is to use the speed limit advice with caution.
I don't think this is a HUD issue, as it sometimes gets it wrong on mine without HUD. I believe the speed limit info comes from the Nav system mapping data and is overridden by the sign recognition system if that indicates something different.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Jim said:
Jagfpacejk said:
I don't think this is a HUD issue, as it sometimes gets it wrong on mine without HUD. I believe the speed limit info comes from the Nav system mapping data and is overridden by the sign recognition system if that indicates something different.
Agree, the mapping system in whole has issues as it tells me i can do 70 Mph down single carriageway roads, this speed limit has never been allowed on a single carriageway road so something is wrong.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
.......... this speed limit has never been allowed on a single carriageway road so something is wrong.
Ah, youth :D :lol:

There was a time when unrestricted meant unrestricted, and then came a bunch of accidents and the temporary national speed limits were introduced in December 1965, I was too young to drive then but vaguely remember much opposition.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Jim said:
Jagfpacejk said:
.......... this speed limit has never been allowed on a single carriageway road so something is wrong.
Ah, youth :D :lol:

There was a time when unrestricted meant unrestricted, and then came a bunch of accidents and the temporary national speed limits were introduced in December 1965, I was too young to drive then but vaguely remember much opposition.
Old yes, pre 1965 no.

So what your saying from the above statement is the mapping system on our cars is using pre 1965 speed limits, this may have been the case when you used a AA map that the limits were unrestricted as back then i am sure there was not a car that traveled the speeds as quickly and easily as today so to navigate around people used paper maps ect but since modern mapping is done with electronic devices the speed limit has never been 70 Mph.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Agreed on the risks of relying purely on the car satnav/cameras for the dpeed limits. I;m treating it as purely advisory and a useful reminder; of course the HUD does make the speed limit info far more visible than where it sits in the instrument dials.

Will be very interested to see how it manages on the continent, especially countries like Italy, where you get speed limits stacked 4+ high on a signle pole for different vehicles

·
Registered
887 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
So what your saying from the above statement is the mapping system on our cars is using pre 1965 speed limits, this may have been the case when you used a AA map that the limits were unrestricted as back then i am sure there was not a car that traveled the speeds as quickly and easily as today so to navigate around people used paper maps ect but since modern mapping is done with electronic devices the speed limit has never been 70 Mph.
No, I obviously caused confusion. All I was saying was that many years ago unrestricted meant unrestricted as opposed to where you had said 'this speed limit has never been allowed on a single carriageway road so something is wrong.' I agree, this definitely hasn't been allowed since digital mapping has been available (at least as far as I'm aware) and to show it now is wrong.

Sorry for any confusion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts