Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've seen few weeks ago on TOPIx that the build date of my F-PACE was 20th of July.

Yesterday, the build date had changed. Now, it's August 9

Is someone has an explanation?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
How do you have a build date on topix ? How did you search and what by ?
I thought the only was you could use topix was a VIN number but I haven't looked.
Also your build dates don't seem a perfect match with the jag dealer / system date but could be right and I DO know the reason why it's slipped :)

Normally you would have week ending July 22nd and week ending August 12th as the actual build date on system.

What seem to have happened is some cars due to be built by the 22nd never made that week. The factory then shut down for two weeks and only re-opened on the 8th August so if the car was delayed just a few days on the July build slot I still only just getting built this week. I know this as that's exactly what has happened to me but I've seen now it's getting built and yesterday was getting trim fitted so should be ready this week.

If I'd know I could,search on Topix I wouldn't have needed to ask the dealer !!!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I've logged into topix - can't find anyway to search without a VIN

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
loly said:
And I have Vin number since 20th July
Ok great. Yes that was sort of my point you need VIN number to get details and you only get VIN as its put into build / built. Anyway my reasons above will explain it. They started building it on the 20th July and then factory shut down and your car wasn't built. Opened back up this week so it was finished in Tusday the 9th ?

Saying all that just contact your dealer see what they say. Mine was just about built yesterday but I've not had a VIN yet and didn't have a VIN assigned at start so maybe there is something else up. See what they say but hopefully you'll have it very shortly now,

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
So have you found out what happened ? Car built and on way to dealers ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My dealer doesn't know what happened. But the car is built now.
The dealer hopes delivery early September.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts