Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The talk on the forum about which options to tick ahead of order have got me thinking ahead of firming up my order for a September delivery. I am 2.0r sport in white at present - not glacier as I think it can look a bit dirty white -I've ticked auto and rear camera so far in extras - what do you reckon needs to be added which I could get the bulk of my money back on come resale time - I would love pano roof + enhanced infotainment ....and bigger wheels, but don't want to pay over 3k on extras for the next owner to inherit gratis.....

·
Registered
48 Posts
Fixed pano, hard to sell without it imo. InControl Pro - it's what a lot of the reviews liked and can imagine in two years the basic infotainment will seem very out of date.

Extras are personal though, get what you want.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have obsessed over this question. In fact, I've obsessed over colour (as many will testify to on this forum) and every other element of becoming an F-Pace owner.

I was originally ordering an R-Sport but coming from a fully loaded Evoque ended-up adding £10k of options :eek: and that's without adding 360 cams, TV and self-park all of which I'm doing without this time.

As the S came with around £5k of the options I was spec'ing anyhow I ended-up spending far more than originally planned to get the V6 but then that's better value to me than spending over £50k on a 2-litre diesel.

Because my budget is now hammered I'm spec'ing what I like to think are the items that will pay back more then most (except the 22's and the heated wheel which are just vanity).

My top 3 are

Pano Roof
In-control Pro
LED lights

... in that order

·
Registered
948 Posts
I honestly think all options are wasted money if you are under the impression you get back some of what you have shelled out because this just isn't the case. That said some options will make if more sell-able which may mean your trade-in value is a bit better.

Top of the list is
Metallic Paint : On a luxury car it's one item that needs to be ticked
InControl Touch Pro : With rival brands offering top rate systems anything less than this option will feel old hat very quickly
Big Rims : Regardless of the style picked these help it's looks and in turn help sell it
Memory Pack : Luxury buyers are lazy
The right Exterior/Interior colour combination : Get this wrong and it could cost you BIG TIME

The items that are nice but not worth the expense
Fixed Sunroof : Never buy a fixed one when an opener is little more
Heated R seats/steering wheel : This is money thrown away few think of their kids and gloves are cheaper (I got it because the wife sits in the back and I know which side my bread is buttered ;) )
All auto assistance systems : All men believe we are great drivers :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi
called the dealer to check on progress of my First Edition order, despite being told straight off May/ June when he went to the system and checked he came back with ''its due to complete its build this week and so should be delivered before the end of the month,''

Has anyone else had news of their build or delivery dates ?

·
Registered
166 Posts
My dealer is expecting delivery of my FE next week! Should be ready for collection the week after!

Should be one of the first in the country.

To all FE buyers, our cars come with the boot load space rails. If you look under the options there is a quick release accessory kit for this at £172. On the info button it clearly says that all cars built at line (factory) with the boot rails come with this accessory kit.

I bet we dont get this on our cars! Worth mentioning to your dealers.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I think you have to accept that sadly you will not get back much of the investment made in options... :? However there are as stated here by other forum members things that would make the car more likely to retain a higher value. Colour and trim are the most obvious things that a dealer will use in future to value your car so nothing too left field. I think the pano roof is a given for this vehicle... It was the first question my dealer asked about my Evoque too, along with rear camera,meridian stereo, and the large alloys . I am px this for the F pace. Service pack and mileage were next up for judgement... As pack is transferable and again....'gives them more wiggle room as a cost saving to new owner!! :eek: ( not that they tell you this of course).At the end of the day it is what you really like...vs....need from the car that should drive most of your option choices!... If we all had a £1 for every time we went on the configurator ehh :lol: Happy shopping

1 - 8 of 8 Posts