Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The great news is that my car has arrived at the dealer early, but it begs the question as to what must I do before I collect the car or on handover. I have a relatively straightforward spec but with InControl Pro.

The dealer seemed very laid back about handover - not done many / doesnt know the vehicle ?

Ones I was thinking about were;

* Buy a data SIM card
* Down load the iPhone app but not log into it
* Seek confirmation that the car is being delivered with no known faults (to aid any rejection) and have that written on the sales agreement
* Check bonnet alignment
* Not have paintwork touched as having it detailed
* Check car matches ordered spec
* How can I be sure it has the latest software on the InControl Pro ?

Any other obvious things on either quality or to think about in advance ?

Thanks

·
Registered
192 Posts
USB stick with music and/or lighting cable to connect iPhone..

GAP Insurance in place

·
Registered
458 Posts
Get the dealer to initiate the account setup for your Ictp account profile and send you the link to complete registration, which you MUST do or even the bits that will work won't.
Take your data sim and get him to show you it connected and working. Install the jag remote app on your phone and input the vin no he will (should) send you. Install the jag apps on your phone - for what they're worth, and take a phone cable with you to plug into the usb to see it connected and the apps registering.

I suggest that you do not let the guy off the hook with the fact that he has little or no product knowledge about this 50-60k car, and hadn't done many of these.

Oh...and some music, but if he hasn't shown you around you may not have a friggin clue as to how to get it to play.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
473 Posts
despite all the glass is half empty comments (and i have made quite a few) once you have checked it over for body alignment enjoy the new car smell and hopefully you will be driving with a big grin shortly there after.

had issues with mine and ITCP still buggy (waiting like others for s/w upgrade) but i still love the car i look forward to driving it and i hope you are pleased with yours....

good luck

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
And the best advice I can give you after collection is to drive slowly.

That way you get to see all the people turning around and pointing and staring as you drive past :)

·
Registered
948 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
And the best advice I can give you after collection is to drive slowly.

That way you get to see all the people turning around and pointing and staring as you drive past :)
+1 ON THAT ONE ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts