Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With regards to the mud guards options on the build - would you folks consider the £102 per pair for the mudguards a little bit to much?? I've seen genuine parts on Ebay for about £60 per pair.

Does anyone have any experience of fitting these themselves?? Can they be fitted without removing the wheels and is this a easy or rather fiddly task??

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
65 Posts
Can fit them yourself if you don't mind drilling holes in your wheel arches, had mine fitted by the dealer had to go back on 2 separate occasions to have front and rears replaced because I wasn't happy with the fit they were coming away from the bodywork at the top due to top section only being stuck on with double sided tape. Now secured with self tapper.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Had considered this myself as in the past been ripped off by 'dealer fit' prices, but while the rears are relatively easy to fit if you're used to playing around with cars, I decided that it wasn't worth the risk on the fronts as they are troublesome...

Getting some fitted later this month, so if they start to fall off, I have some comeback...

Unless you mean 'splash guards' ?! :lol: Perhaps we shouldn't open up that ole chestnut in 2017...

·
Registered
922 Posts
Wheels to wide on a car? ...NEVER!! Carl like me is a teenager of the eighties.... like quite a few others on here I'd wager.... had a friend once who reveresd his wheels to bolt on the front face on his mk 3 cortina.... oh he said "is that why it's starting to shake going down the road" :?.... what a muppet!!! :roll:
With those wheels and tyres I'd suggest you borrow a few of your neighbours wheelies bin lids and bolt them on my friend... that would work :lol: :lol: Great to hear and see you still kicking on the forum :p
Regards....

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Jags cat said:
Wheels to wide on a car? ...NEVER!! Carl like me is a teenager of the eighties.... like quite a few others on here I'd wager.... had a friend once who reveresd his wheels to bolt on the front face on his mk 3 cortina.... oh he said "is that why it's starting to shake going down the road" :?.... what a muppet!!! :roll:
With those wheels and tyres I'd suggest you borrow a few of your neighbours wheelies bin lids and bolt them on my friend... that would work :lol: :lol: Great to hear and see you still kicking on the forum :p
Regards....
Hamlet ad with Ford Anglia.... Ah, those were the days! :lol:

·
Registered
206 Posts
corriescar66 said:
Jags cat said:
Regards....
Hamlet ad with Ford Anglia.... Ah, those were the days! :lol:
Carlos Fandango :D

·
Registered
922 Posts
Or if
You really want to go back in time.... Gore slimey and the el tempo giganti,.... looks like chitti chitti bang bang on steroids :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: You guys crack me up!! Carlos Fandango was a nickname of mine.....amongst others!!! :shock: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts