Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And some more,
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,022 Posts
Some poor soul is going to be the laughing stock within his circle of friends if he accepts that Jaguar with the horrific bonnet alignment issue.

"So what do you think of my £60k premium Jaguar, just delivered today. Jaguar QA is so effective that no car leaves the factory with any visible defect"

I mean honestly, the folk working on the production line in West Midlands, they need to go to SpecSavers.

What a shame.

Arianne
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,711 Posts
Yes, getting a bit worried about this myself.... Having has the car from hell before from JLR & suffered it for nearly a year, wondering if I really want to go through it all again.... I have a TR7 built in the same factory. It has taken 35 years to sort it's problems... Wish the FP was built in Coventry.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
441 Posts
The bonnet on the red one is not latched properly.The visual problem was only on the front edge not up the side as well and as I found today if the bonnet does not latch properly on closing it looks like the red one.
I took delivery of my Portfolio this week and no problems at all. It was built around 10th July so hopefully all the early build problems have been sorted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
Hydrajaws said:
The bonnet on the red one is not latched properly.The visual problem was only on the front edge not up the side as well and as I found today if the bonnet does not latch properly on closing it looks like the red one.
I took delivery of my Portfolio this week and no problems at all. It was built around 10th July so hopefully all the early build problems have been sorted.
Good to hear. Do you have ICTP?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,378 Posts
Arianne said:
Some poor soul is going to be the laughing stock within his circle of friends if he accepts that Jaguar with the horrific bonnet alignment issue.

"So what do you think of my £60k premium Jaguar, just delivered today. Jaguar QA is so effective that no car leaves the factory with any visible defect"

I mean honestly, the folk working on the production line in West Midlands, they need to go to SpecSavers.

What a shame.

Arianne
Totally agree, hope it is just the bonnet catch not closed...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
441 Posts
No I don't have ICPT Too many problems.
I understand that you can take tablets if you are unfortunate enough to catch it!!! Lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi JLR #5

Sorry for confusion 2L D sport is what I meant should have put R sport but I am so confused I am now considering an S Sport too many options! :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Still not seeing any silver alloys on a silver car, anyone out there with this option? :geek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
922 Posts
Hi J9, I know I have seen a silver with silver helix on this forum as it was the alternate option I was considering.... :idea: Would be a good idea but a piece of work :? for site admin to put cars in colour choice in gallery to make it easier for people to look for combo via colour. I know I put mine in there for that same reason!
Perhaps new / current owners can post car pics unders colours in gallery?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
I have the R Sport in black but have also seen the Silver with black pack - it is lovely. Was thinking of white but glad I didn't in the end as there seem to be loads of them.

I have the Touch Pro and it works perfectly...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes JLR5 seen that one before, it's doesn't look great! Which has me thinking of black.
Oh dear I am difficult to please :|

Great suggestion Jags cat it would be very helpful if the Jag dealers or admin could upload a supply of new vehicle pictures

I will decide by next weekend!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
J9joh said:
Yes JLR5 seen that one before, it's doesn't look great! Which has me thinking of black
Agreed. It looks way too safe. With a black pack and black wheels I think Rhodium looks very nice.

But I do think the lines of the FP need something strong. I didn't intend on having another white car but for me I think it really works. IRR fantastic too.

The darker colours are very classy and work best with silver wheels (IMO it needs contrast) - I almost went for Ammonite, but in the end I wanted an all-out sporty look ... and I think it's either Glacier or IRR that gives that impression.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,378 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
J9joh said:
Yes JLR5 seen that one before, it's doesn't look great! Which has me thinking of black
Agreed. It looks way too safe. With a black pack and black wheels I think Rhodium looks very nice.

But I do think the lines of the FP need something strong. I didn't intend on having another white car but for me I think it really works. IRR fantastic too.

The darker colours are very classy and work best with silver wheels (IMO it needs contrast) - I almost went for Ammonite, but in the end I wanted an all-out sporty look ... and I think it's either Glacier or IRR that gives that impression.
This is the same problem I had. Having had Amonite type colours for my last few cars, I think it look fab, like Jags Cat, however I wanted a change, and after much deliberation, and photos coming through, I have gone for IRR to be different to my other cars. Ammonite is great for the car hiding dirt, and always looking either mint or pretty clean which I like. A change was needed and IRR looks awesome, white also looks good with red interior
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You both make some great points and IRR really does bring out the FPace lines, I have never been a fan of red since I am a Spurs fan, I can't believe I am considering a red car but it just looks so damn fine with those silver alloys
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,711 Posts
I actually quite like the silver/silver wheels (though ordered IRR). Not being a fan of 'black pack' I think it would suit the silver better.... I seem to be swimming against the tide though as most seem to love it.... Cant beat a bit of bling! :D. And unless its a black car, black wheels remind me of 80's when someone took your hubcaps for 'car park spares'....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My first visit to a Jaguar dealership and pics #Dubai
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top