Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
can anyone help who's taken delivery and not opted for configurable mood lighting tell me do you still get the standard fillament footwell, glove box and vanity lights, my dealer thinks not, also with the standard type mood lighting (non configurable) where do you get it, do you get it above the air vents and in the lower pockets of the center console as well as on the doors.
Thanks
On order r sport auto Polaris few bits and bobs :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi J48,
I understand your confusion as the brochure states:
' Configurable interior mood lighting includes lighting for the glovebox, front footwell and illuminated vanity mirrors.'
I have not taken delivery but I looked into this and it is incorrect. You get these illuminations anyway. You do not get above vent illumination as standard, only doors and only in blue. Why not have it anyway to make sure you can have it all, it's only ANOTHER £200.....?

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Don't bother IMO. Have it on the Evoque and apart from playing during the first few days it's remained on .... er ..... something blueish. I think. Maybe. Apart from when you select Dynamic and it goes er.... A bit red... I think.

I'm too busy driving!

·
Registered
453 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Don't bother IMO. Have it on the Evoque and apart from playing during the first few days it's remained on .... er ..... something blueish. I think. Maybe. Apart from when you select Dynamic and it goes er.... A bit red... I think.

I'm too busy driving!
Id agree i didnt bother with configurable its just a gimmick you prob wont use after the 1st week and the blue colour you get is ncie enough and matches the glow from the digital dials.

·
Registered
539 Posts
If you're having black leather, then I agree the standard blue would be absolutely fine. I have the configurable lighting and the standard blue is the nicest colour anyway (IMO).

I think if you were having a red interior then the blue might clash a little.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I Have the R sport in Polaris white with the black and red leather and the blue looks fine, i think if it had been the S which has a much larger area of the red leather might have been too much

·
Registered
247 Posts
Think you are all missing the point. It's MOOD lighting! Therefore I will be having it set to:
Green when I see someone driving a Caesium blue model
Blue when I'm driving to work on a Monday morning
Orange when I'm on my way to the tanning salon
Yellow when someone drives too close
Red when I see pretty female f-pacer
Brown when I'm caught short

G

·
Shaunyt said:
I Have the R sport in Polaris white with the black and red leather and the blue looks fine, i think if it had been the S which has a much larger area of the red leather might have been too much
Same here.
I really like the blue with the black and red.

·
Registered
154 Posts
The mood lighting is almost everywhere in the F-Pace when spec'd

Mine looks like a cocktail bar at night, dashboard, door cards, handles, glove box, center console.

I will get some pictures tomorrow night and add them to this post if your interested.

·
Registered
948 Posts
J48 said:
Looks amazing you guys are spoilt with your 1st editions. :mrgreen:
You could always tick that option if you like..... ;)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I am tempted by it, partly because it's only £200 and partly because I remember when Waynem first posted the images of his car I thought it looked amazing. So amazing that I pasted them across to my current VolvoXC60 forum and they all also thought it was fab!

But there is one drawback for me and it's the additional lighting across the front glovebox etc. I would find this lighting annoying at night, it's a million miles away from the Saab night switch. For me, driving in the blackness of the Scottish Borders at night (so that's a lot of the time in December) I don't want the cabin to be too intrusive. It's a cabin and not a Christmas Tree?

If only I could have the configurable lighting without the strips across the passenger dash. But alas, no. In addition, Mrs A has capped the budget and I would need special permission to sneak anything else through. I have my ways and means but they are saved for stuff that is really, really important to me.

But Waynem, your pictures including the others are some of the best I have seen so thank you.

Arianne

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm confused too
My dealer couldn't make his mind up weather the standard mood lighting came with it on the door card tops or not, of which would be enough for me really. :eek:

PS Arianne the one thing my dealer seemed pretty sure about was that only the Fe gets it on the dash above the air vents. Might ask the wife she knows everything.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
J48 said:
I'm confused too
My dealer couldn't make his mind up weather the standard mood lighting came with it on the door card tops or not, of which would be enough for me really. :eek:

PS Arianne the one thing my dealer seemed pretty sure about was that only the Fe gets it on the dash above the air vents. Might ask the wife she knows everything.
Aha, I will investigate then. Thanks. Arianne

1 - 20 of 24 Posts