Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my car is with the service department and going through its 2.5 update and I've got a bog standard XF for a few days and wow do miss my f-pace already. I think the one thing having spent only 24 hours in the XF has done is reaffirm my choices (splurges) on the extras.

First thing I noticed was commanding driving height.. just felt way too low in the XF after having the FP for a few months. Getting in and trying to adjust the manual seats makes you really appreciate the 10 way electrics ones.

The standard ITC.. wow felt like I'd gone back 10 years.. yes there seems to be plenty of people with issues with ITCP but its a million miles better than using the standard. ITCP really lifts the cabin and dash.

the difference between the standard stereo to even the 380W that I have is clearly noticeable. I'm no audiophile and happy with the 380W but standard kit is just bland and sounds hollow.

Reversing out my drive i realised how I already rely on the reverse camera and blind spot monitor. Living in the London suburbs, manoeuvring out of your drive is a challenge given the number of cars parked along the street.. I've found the blind spot monitoring very good at alerting me to the cars which are completely out my line of sight and I find it picks them up well in advance of it passing an not just when I need to slam on the breaks.

As with the reverse camera (really no rear wiper in the XF?) with a vehicle the length of the XF and FP its again a must for me on the options.

the one thing in the XF I found is that the 2.0l engine is right at home in the car. I found it much more responsive and it delivered the power as demanded. It was always something at the back of my mind when getting the R-sport F-Pace,.. would I miss the grunt of the 3.0l in a car this size.

Given the above, for me it was always going to come down to a toss up between the S or extras (including the premium paint and 22s).. going for both would have taken the price close to £70k and thats a price bracket I don't feel the F-Pace is in.

I'm happy to say the extras have paid their dues in my mind and a standard S would have lacked the additional touches for the premium feel.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Hi jinjin ... are they looking at your wobbly back end whilst it's in? Even though there's no cure it would do us all a favour if you ask them to raise a "ticket" with JLR about this. I'm told that if enough people report it, then it will get looked into.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have asked them to look at it, but got the expected confused look from them. If they say nothing when I collect tomorrow and I still think its a problem, I'll get on their case again.

·
Registered
948 Posts
It's not until it's gone do we all appreciate just how special our F-Pace is, me thinks many who think fondly about past cars are doing so through rose tinted glasses.

BTW got the call, mine is in on the 6th for the 2.5 update.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I can totally relate to this thread. My car has been at dealers since Thursday but I got the call its ready for collection. 2.5 update, rear squeak and other "things" to suspension and new screen washer on driver's side (about time! I'm sure the other was broken and kept moving) .

I have an XF that's so low spec I looked for window winders... but it has no sun roof so I can at least sit with my head up right! It has cup holder covers and that's about it, nothing. Reversing is a reminder of how it used to be, but its not a difficult car to drive. Its 2.0 d but incredibly thirsty, worse than the FPace doing something like 35mpg! It only has 300 miles on the clock but doesn't feel tight as it picks up speed quite well (maybe that's why its thirsty :twisted: ).

Getting F-Pace at 8am tomorrow, have no faith wobble is gone but the dealer said until all suspension patches/fixes applied Jaguar won't investigate anything else, fair enough I think!

Can't wait for my car back!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
PS to above ... standard ICT allows north to be set as a permanent option in sat nav, why not in ICT-Pro? maps are usually read with North at the top (not always but usually!)

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just had the call mine 2.5 has been done and ready to collect. Given I'd dropped it yesterday morning at 8am, happy with the turn around.

They taken it on a 12.5 mile test drive (love how you can monitor the car via the app :) ) and say they cant find a fault with the wobbly rear end.. I'll just keep an eye on how it goes over the next few days and weeks.

happy to get back to my toy laden storm!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts