Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - could anyone take a picture of what I think is the microphone behind the steering wheel please - just on the left hand side? Mine looks unfinished behind the grille and I wondered if they all look like this?

Thanks for helping

Dan

·
Registered
78 Posts
Not near the car right now, but I think I know the bit you mean on the RHS of the centre console. I'd always assumed it was an a/c sensor rather than a microphone. It does look a bit rubbish though. Almost like they forgot a little piece of black foam.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Dan said:
Hi - could anyone take a picture of what I think is the microphone behind the steering wheel please - just on the left hand side? Mine looks unfinished behind the grille and I wondered if they all look like this?

Thanks for helping

Dan
Yes it looks unfinished. It's normal.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Dan said:

Thanks for helping

Dan
Yes it looks unfinished. It's normal.
I had exactly the same question to myself when I first saw it. Looks unfinished and a bit of a mess actually, :)

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
I just looked, is it a Microphone, i am not so sure, i would have thought it would be more in the center roof console.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Thought the mic was in the instrument cluster on the inside top of the binnacle?

·
Super Moderator
5,032 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
It does however look so much better finished on the Disco Sport I'm driving at the moment (it's in the same location)
Can you pop up a picture of the disco version, would be good to compare and understand what your seeing.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Dan said:
On mine I can see what looks like some ill fitted foam around the edge and a copper wire just inside
Same here - top bit seems the foam is sticking out a bit like it's fitted badly on top ad not centre.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.