Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ryan,

Could you forward this to Jeremy Hicks JLR UK MD please.

Many of the people on this forum will essentially be brand ambassadors for JLR and specifically the F PACE having placed deposits without viewing the car (which is absolutely our choice).

Given globalisation many of us are on forums around the world and actively exchanging information with our peers in other regions. Whilst I fully understand the need to tailor the commercial packaging relevant to each geography it does seem like the UK is currently the poor cousin which although TaTa backed JLR is still a British brand with a strong pedigree so a real shame.

Whilst there is much frustration regarding information on UK build and delivery dates for the F PACE that other regions have much more clarity on my main concern is around aspects such as the 'Warranty' where the US receive 5 years and UK only 3 years. A great example of UK being the poor cousin...

People are extremely excited at the prospect of receiving their F PACE's and being pioneers for this important new venture for JLR. Please do not dampen this via poor communication and lack of parity in value for money terms for your UK customers which by the way many are coming to the F PACE from competitive brands.

Sincerely
Darren Laurie

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi DAL

Thank you for your post.

I note your comments and as requested, I have taken the opportunity of forwarding your feedback on to the relevant area of the business.

I am sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction and would advise that there can often be market variations which may result in differences in how our product is sold in different markets throughout the world. These variations may also be due to the relevant legislation of the market in question.

Regarding build and delivery dates, as mentioned elsewhere in this section, we expect the first customer orders to be centrally pulled into build in the first week of April with the first (non-First Edition) vehicles to be handed over in June 2016.

May I suggest speaking with your vending retailer as we move into April, at which point they should be able to advise further regarding this.

May I thank you for your valued feedback, we certainly appreciate the interest that F-PACE is generating and it is a pleasure to know that so many of you are eagerly awaiting the delivery of your vehicles.

Regards

Ryan

·
Registered
922 Posts
Hi DAL nicely put... But as I fear, still the same parliamentary style of response.. where nothing will again happen.lets be honest they ain't going to change the way they are doing this launch or be a little more pro active in thier response to this forum! If they were really concerned over cancelled orders and peoples views they would have done something / anything for us by now... But they won't! It should have been handled so much better,as you say we will be the first real life ambassadors for this product and they should have made the effort to work with us and have an event for the enthusiasts on this forum. If something goes badly wrong with car.. They will be eating a lot of humble pie before they get my support however, it would seem they can't think outside of the standard business box, where it is better to appear arrogant than incompetent, harsh words maybe.. But if we honest here what have they really done to reward our loyalty, trust, and enthusiasm for thier product. My dealer paid for the visit to factory and I am sorry to drag Ryan into this again... If he is the face of jaguar ,and closely following events on this forum, why did he not offer to meet us at Jag HQ for our factory tour to answer questions?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I guess "market variations" means compulsory 5 year warranty in states. Should be the same here. Viewed the post about cheaper in the states posted I think, last night. Went onto USA site and could not believe the price differential. Thought about cancelling until you see how much Australians have to pay for their cars - quite cheered me up :lol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am loyal Jaguar fan having owned 4 jaguars. i was thrilled when the f-pace was announced, i went to Frankfurt to see the car, put down a deposit for a 1st edition straight away. took delivery of the car on 22nd April, a lovely car

ONE PROBLEM, I last saw it on 31st May as it with the dealer since then with a suspension problem. The communication from the dealer is minimal, i chase them every day to find out what is the situation ,I am told that they are waiting for the factory to find a solution. I have no idea when i ill get my car back.

Jaguar Assisst did organise a hire car (an XE) which has warnings coming by the dozen, needing adblue. The XE does not meet my needs. I have had to cancel a holiday as the XE is too small to take kids and luggage.

I have paid for f-pace its edition.at the very least Jaguar should provide a f-pace as temporary car whlie the 1st edition is fixed.

HELP !!!
----------------UPDATE------------------
Subsequent to my post, Jaguar assist has been very helpful, They co-ordinated with my dealer (park royal) and arranged for me have a Evoque instead of the XE.

I want to have my 1st edition back asap please

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi rbhatia,

I am sorry you are experiencing concerns with your vehicle and the retailer.

Please could you send me a PM with the following should you require any further assistance:

VIN
Full Name
Email address
Telephone number
Preferred Jaguar retailer

Many thanks,

Lucy

·
Banned
444 Posts
All these guys do is act as a firewall to protect the decision makers. Unfortunately you will get absolutely nowhere sending letters or emails to the likes of Hicks etc... They are really not interested and most probably will be moving on to another organisation, as soon as they get a better financial package.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Russell said:
All these guys do is act as a firewall to protect the decision makers. Unfortunately you will get absolutely nowhere sending letters or emails to the likes of Hicks etc... They are really not interested and most probably will be moving on to another organisation, as soon as they get a better financial package.
I disagree, I got a personal phone call from Jeremy and he introduced me to a number of the team at JLR who visited my house to discuss my issues with my XE, the situation was resolved by Jaguar buying back my car and giving me a loan car until my F-Pace is delivered. It is all about how you approach it, and being constructive and not just screaming or stamping feet. If you go to XE Forums and look at "AN OPEN LETTER TO JLR" you can see my full letter and the story as it unfolded. The Executive Office then worked with my dealer to get the resolution.

·
Banned
444 Posts
It was the dealer who resolved the issue not JLR, they simply passed the issue back to the supplier.

Remember you have no contractual relationship with JLR, only with your retailer. Its called passing the buck!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Russell said:
It was the dealer who resolved the issue not JLR, they simply passed the issue back to the supplier.

Remember you have no contractual relationship with JLR, only with your retailer. Its called passing the buck!
Actually not true - maybe no contractual agreement but JLR wrote me a cheque (£8k) for the difference between the trade in and my purchase price, my courtesy car I a JLR head office fleet car (which I have until my F-Pace comes through, saving me wear and tear on my car for 6 months and insurance costs for the same) and everything was arranged with the executive office who then liased with the dealer and then I simply dropped my car off. I had a couple of conversations with Jeremy Hicks, and I have his contact phone number which I was told if I felt my issues weren't resolved on I could call him back. The contact with JLR was patchy at first but once I had the discussion with him, things moved quickly and as I said many of my issues were around build quality and the ICP system - within a week or so I had a product manager from the team at my house discussing my points in details (2+ hours) and then additional contacts to feedback and discuss at JLR. When my car developed a fault (leaking water into the electrics causing a meltdown / power outage) I contacted JLR, not my dealer, and the situation resolved. While there is no contractual agreement directly with JLR I believe they took me seriously and the follow on I had from them was excellent. Interestingly I also have gained them as a customer for my business which is also nice as an aside. The problem with moaning on here and asking people from the social media team to pass things on are that it doesn't carry any weight or gravitas.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Russell said:
You can always email Jeremy Hicks directly on: [email protected], rather that using the social media!
People could, and in fact I wrote a PAPER letter - yes, old school - and that seemed to get his attention... .but a lot of people just post on here or complain on Facebook and similar (or to their dealers who aren't going to escalate anything unless they have to for fear of being snarled at by JLR!) and wonder why nothing happens. I got a response, from Jeremy, within 48 hours of me posting the letter.... took me aback as I was expecting just a CS rep if anyone....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.