Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my FP for 4 weeks and so far, whilst generally pleased with it the steering column and 14 Way electric seat memory has a mind of its own??? Unfortunately it's an intermittent problem so obviously behaved itself impeccably on a visit to the dealers workshop!! When I return to the car sometimes the seat will be in an entirely different position than when I left it and sometimes the steering column will be fully extended out & sometimes both will be in a different position? But when I had my Evoque (a very early car) that did the same thing??

On its first long trip out at night I returned back with the A/c off as I had the roof open at the start of the journey but half way down the motorway the Air con turned itself on but there was no A/C light on or Auto light on???

And the last gremlin to report is that the self dipping left hand mirror does not always return to normal position after reversing after being switched off?

I'm very interested to know if anyone else has experienced any of these problems?
And lastly the good news....the MPG on its first "leisurely" run from Winchester to Heathrow, mostly motorway but half of it at a restricted 50 Mph achieved 58.8 MPG. The return journey still achieved 45.6 at 50 - 75 MPH with 2x passengers

Waiting for a JLR loan car to become available for a week to try and get the gremlins exorsised!!!!! Will post the results as & when?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Assuming you're using the same key all of the time in your pocket? We have memory on our XC60 and, when Mrs A uses my key, it thinks that it needs to remember her seat position next time I try to get in - rammed up against the steering wheel with a couple of ballet shoes abandoned in the pedal box! It could be because of using different keys?

Arianne

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great idea Arianne but only ever use one key and my wife is still dubious about driving the FP as she thinks it's too big! She has only driven it once but I am sure she will get used to it soon?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
The Volvo system does distinguish between fobs, how that works on keyless entry is interesting, on my series 2 V70 it was brilliant (no keyless). The Jaguar mirror after reversing is an issue, at first I re adjusted it, but I now realise just pressing the memory (1 for me in my car) gets mirror back in place. Didn't bother with electric steering column adjust, previous cars my wife and I adjusted the seat/mirrors etc to a position where the wheel didn't move, so decided it didn't need to be electric to stay in a fixed position!

Other gremlins, the ICTP sometimes starts with radio on, some times off. Yesterday it didn't start at all, just black screen, but I turned radio know and it then switched on, jaguar leaper then full ICTP system. Yesterday I left car in dynamic mode when this happened. Left in dynamic mode over night and it started in normal mode! I've not tried ripping a CD and I have slight bonnet alignment issue.

Not yet bothered but compiling a list for dealer but expect zero action as they just taken franchise and are a little clueless!

But previous XF had its moments so I'm a bit more in tune with the Jaguar driver requirement - tolerance - but I'm not a great respecter of this and believe that Jaguar need to be more considerate to their clients!

But hey ho! still really get kick out of my car.

When the suspension creaks is when they get the hit list of issues!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So are you saying RaVolVoR that your L/H mirror is also "intermittently" not returning to its set position or doesn't ever? Whatever, it should always return to the "set" position.......without having to press the memory button (like I also do each time it happens) Arhhhhhhhh these silly intermittent faults are driving me nuts and spoiling the enjoyment of the car!

·
Registered
48 Posts
My dipping mirror never fully returns to the original position either- I too have to press memory button

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
MercMAN said:
So are you saying RaVolVoR that your L/H mirror is also "intermittently" not returning to its set position or doesn't ever? Whatever, it should always return to the "set" position.......without having to press the memory button (like I also do each time it happens) Arhhhhhhhh these silly intermittent faults are driving me nuts and spoiling the enjoyment of the car!
Intermittently returns but in general I'd say 4 out of 10 times it doesn't.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts