Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
I think you have to start it off from your phone for some reason?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shaun431 said:
I think you have to start it off from your phone for some reason?
Yep that works ok but is a bit rubbish. If I plug my phone into the USB port then everything comes up (playlists, album covers, etc) and you get full control. This is how it worked in my old 10 plate XF so I just kept an old iPod in the car. Guess I'm going to have to do the same with my F-Pace - just hoped the technology would have come on a bit :(

Edit - actually if I buy an iPod Touch to store music in my car I guess I can use the wifi to download updates and also install the in control apps too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
simonp820 said:
Shaun431 said:
I think you have to start it off from your phone for some reason?
Yep that works ok but is a bit rubbish. If I plug my phone into the USB port then everything comes up (playlists, album covers, etc) and you get full control. This is how it worked in my old 10 plate XF so I just kept an old iPod in the car. Guess I'm going to have to do the same with my F-Pace - just hoped the technology would have come on a bit :(

Edit - actually if I buy an iPod Touch to store music in my car I guess I can use the wifi to download updates and also install the in control apps too!
The sound quality difference from the iPhone between Bluetooth and cabled is huge so I would see this as an advantage. If you like the sound you get with Bluetooth I hope you didn't invest in the audio upgrade or you need your hearing checked !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
simonp820 said:
Shaun431 said:
I think you have to start it off from your phone for some reason?
Yep that works ok but is a bit rubbish. If I plug my phone into the USB port then everything comes up (playlists, album covers, etc) and you get full control. This is how it worked in my old 10 plate XF so I just kept an old iPod in the car. Guess I'm going to have to do the same with my F-Pace - just hoped the technology would have come on a bit :(

Edit - actually if I buy an iPod Touch to store music in my car I guess I can use the wifi to download updates and also install the in control apps too!
The sound quality difference from the iPhone between Bluetooth and cabled is huge so I would see this as an advantage. If you like the sound you get with Bluetooth I hope you didn't invest in the audio upgrade or you need your hearing checked !
No i rarely use my iphone for music i put files on to the hard drive with usb stick and yes i upgraded i like my music loud
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
363 Posts
simonp820 said:
Shaun431 said:
I think you have to start it off from your phone for some reason?
Yep that works ok but is a bit rubbish. If I plug my phone into the USB port then everything comes up (playlists, album covers, etc) and you get full control. This is how it worked in my old 10 plate XF so I just kept an old iPod in the car. Guess I'm going to have to do the same with my F-Pace - just hoped the technology would have come on a bit :(

Edit - actually if I buy an iPod Touch to store music in my car I guess I can use the wifi to download updates and also install the in control apps too!
Just check on the apps thing before you do - on my XE with ICT you couldn't use the apps on an iPod Touch, just an iPhone... don't have my FP yet to confirm or if ICTP is different but certainly is the case with my latest gen Touch on my XE (and XE loaner I have right now)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just check on the apps thing before you do - on my XE with ICT you couldn't use the apps on an iPod Touch, just an iPhone... don't have my FP yet to confirm or if ICTP is different but certainly is the case with my latest gen Touch on my XE (and XE loaner I have right now)[/quote]

Ball - just got home from the shops ;) Will let you know in an hour!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jonty1625 said:
Just check on the apps thing before you do - on my XE with ICT you couldn't use the apps on an iPod Touch, just an iPhone... don't have my FP yet to confirm or if ICTP is different but certainly is the case with my latest gen Touch on my XE (and XE loaner I have right now)
So first off the music works fine now - just like it should do - which was the main thing I wanted.

The apps DO work but they're pretty rubbish. The fact you have to have the iPod on and unlocked for them to work (which means you either need to turn it on all the time or leave it on and turn off 'auto-off' is a huge nuisance. But then I don't really understand the point of the apps really anyway. They don't really add anything to the InControl pro IMO.

Anyway - all happy now - even if it did cost me £250 for an iPod!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
363 Posts
simonp820 said:
jonty1625 said:
Just check on the apps thing before you do - on my XE with ICT you couldn't use the apps on an iPod Touch, just an iPhone... don't have my FP yet to confirm or if ICTP is different but certainly is the case with my latest gen Touch on my XE (and XE loaner I have right now)
So first off the music works fine now - just like it should do - which was the main thing I wanted.

The apps DO work but they're pretty rubbish. The fact you have to have the iPod on and unlocked for them to work (which means you either need to turn it on all the time or leave it on and turn off 'auto-off' is a huge nuisance. But then I don't really understand the point of the apps really anyway. They don't really add anything to the InControl pro IMO.

Anyway - all happy now - even if it did cost me £250 for an iPod!
That's cool that the functionality is improved over the ICT, but the apps are all pants. I'm the XE the sat at app at £80 is better than the inbuilt one hoping the ICTP is better especially with traffic updates. I have a standard iPod in there at the moment and binned the idea of apps,only ones people really want are things like Spotify.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top