Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a message in my car that a map update was available.

My maps were updated by the dealer about two weeks ago so I will probably not bother with this one. I had hoped that the monthly updates would be automatically done from the car, but I see that you need to download to a USB and do a manual update every month. If I decide to skip a few months will everything keep working fine? What are others doing?

Any advice would be be appreciated.

·
Registered
474 Posts
The map updates come out on the 1st of every month. It doesn't matter if you miss some. These days I tend to do the download at the beginning of every month when the PC is idle (it takes several hours) and then leave the USB drive in the car for when I next do a journey of 30 minutes or more to do the update. You will need a 64Gb USB drive - 32Gb isn't big enough for some updates.

It's also worth checking when your subscription expires.

·
Super Moderator
4,986 Posts
Missing months is not an issue it will only be an issue if the route you take has any new roads or restrictions ect since the last update as these will not show.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks for the replies.

If you are updating on the move and the engine must keep running, I take you need to remember switch off the auto stop/start?

·
Registered
474 Posts
That's a good question. I don't think it matters as the ignition is still switched on even though the engine may not be running. That having been said I don't think I have ever put it to the test.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm pleased my 2021 has OTA updates, I do updates for SWMBO Ecosport and they are a real pain having to take it for a drive. I switch the ECO mode off on that, no mention of it on the F-Pace updates.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Stop start needs to be turned off my download failed when my car cut out unless I was unlucky

·
Super Moderator
4,986 Posts
It should have resumed at the point it stopped and not from the beginning.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
KeithL said:
I don't think it matters as the ignition is still switched on even though the engine may not be running.
I think you are probably correct and the reason the engine needs to be running is that the ignition switches off after about five minutes if it is not running. I discovered this when I was fiddling with the settings. However, to be sure I will switch the stop/start off when I do the update.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts