Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FP booked into service department to take a look at a few issues.

First is front driver parking sensor going off when nothing is there - common issue I read.

Second, manual gear stick vibrates A LOT. Especially in neutral, first and second gears. When changing gears and I bring clutch up fairly quick, i see the gear stick bounce - not sure if this normal.

Third, I get feedback or a vibration feeling through the clutch pedal at the start of when the foot presses it down to the floor,this may be related to above.

I'll keep yous posted of outcome next Tuesday.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Was first time experience in a Pentland Jaguar Service department yesterday - first impressions was it's not that great. Having been a BMW & Land Rover owner before, Pentland Jaguar didn't compare really, felt like I just owned a Vauxhall or something.

• Dropped car off at 8am, 2.30pm - no updated on car progress , I had to call up to find out what was going on, they we're supposed to call me back at 4pm (didn't happen).
  • I turned up at garage at 4.30pm anyway.
  • Car was not hoovered or washed.

Anyway, rant over.
They said the gear stick and clutch vibrations are normal as they had compared against two other F-Pace's. Also said that this was a similar characteristic on the XE's as well?
Front nearside parking sensor is to be replaced - need to wait on part to come in and get painted.

We'll see when I go in to get the sensor replaced what the service is like - hope they were having a bad day rather than below average service experience from a luxury car retailer.

·
Registered
168 Posts
P3UAL said:
FP booked into service department to take a look at a few issues.

First is front driver parking sensor going off when nothing is there - common issue I read.

Second, manual gear stick vibrates A LOT. Especially in neutral, first and second gears. When changing gears and I bring clutch up fairly quick, i see the gear stick bounce - not sure if this normal.

Third, I get feedback or a vibration feeling through the clutch pedal at the start of when the foot presses it down to the floor,this may be related to above.

I'll keep yous posted of outcome next Tuesday.
On the Infotainment Pro you have to press the second icon in from the left to activate the front sensor if you've not activated reverse as part of your manoeuvre :( I keep forgetting to do this and have a few close shaves when just driving into a parking space

·
Registered
441 Posts
The current offering from Jaguar on manual gearboxes is poor and they feel very agricultural.It is very surprising that Jaguar even offer this as an option when the ZF auto boxes are so good and economical so why would anybody want a manual box and a clutch on a Jaguar?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jonec02 said:
I have a manual box & I can say it is very slick & has no vibration at all, with round town driving or on more open rounds at higher speeds.
Hmm... Might have to contact customer relations as that 2 of you saying no vibrations and dealer is stating this is "normal".

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hydrajaws said:
The current offering from Jaguar on manual gearboxes is poor and they feel very agricultural.It is very surprising that Jaguar even offer this as an option when the ZF auto boxes are so good and economical so why would anybody want a manual box and a clutch on a Jaguar?
I took the manual courtesy car back last week and exchanged it for an auto. It was bloody awful. Agricultural was exactly the word. The gear change in it was shocking and the vibration through the gear stick was truly shocking.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts