Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took possession of a f-pace 2.0 awd on Tuesday, on the Saturday (with still less than 150 miles on the clock) I was ferrying my 4yr and 1yr old children about and rounded a very slight bend doing no more than 30mph. Without warning the back end stepped out and I very nearly collided with oncoming traffic. All the stability warning indicators were then illuminated.

Thankfully this happened very close to my home and I managed to negotiate my way back with the vehicle only once more stepping out when driving over a manhole cover.

When I got home my wife informed me that she had found a large bolt and nut on the drive where the vehicle had been parked. The long and short of it being that a bolt in the lower suspension arm had shorn off rendering the vehicle unstable and unsafe.The technician had no idea how this had occurred, guessing maybe it had been over tightened.

The dealership, Hatfields in sheffield, provided a loan vehicle and have now said the vehicle is roadworthy, but it has left me wondering how this occurred in the first place and whether or not I actually want the vehicle.

I'm also wondering if anyone has experienced this themselves?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Wow not heard of it yet so possibly a one off especially as it's happened so early.
Hopefully no more surprises for you

1 - 2 of 2 Posts