Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my wife's F Pace for a service and MOT on Friday at Marshall's Jaguar Lincoln. When I booked it in I was told it would be washed and valeted on collection. When I collected it there were oily palm prints and finger marks on the the doors, bonnet and front wings. I had cleaned the car prior on the day prior to the service and topped up the screenwash to the brim. They had charged me for a full screenwash refill as indeed they did at the previous service when it was also brimfull. I was told that a satisfaction survey would be sent to me. I look forward to receiving it!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Standard shithousery from Jag dealers. And most other brands' dealers, to be fair.

·
Registered
13 Posts
did you not question them at the time? because I would have, I had the same problem with my Chrysler 300 a few years back they charged me for screen wash and a new air filter, which they said they had changed, but un lucky for them I had printed my post code on the side of the air filter, which was some how still on the car.................did not pay anything for the service, plus I reported them to trading standards

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did take it up with the service advisor at the time and he did suggest calling over the valeter. I didn't have the time to wait. He mentioned that they would credit my card with the value of the screenwash and I'm waiting to see if they do. His main concern was that it should not reflect on him and that I would give him a positive report in the forthcoming questionnaire! I am thinking about taking up the screenwash issue with trading standards. He said that it went on the bill as part of the service package. If this is the case it's sharp practice and should be investigated.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I recently booked our 1 year old 3.0d in for a service, even though it has only covered 3.000 from new & they didn't even wash it, we were charged a lot of money just to change the oil & filter.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Jesss that's shocking costs them pennies to top that up and should be in with the service,
It's not Jaguar but the dealer . Report them to Jaguar directly they are great and would be on the phone to the service manager immediately, if want the full cost of the service back robbing scum .
It's on a par with a conman ripping old folk off for windows they don't need

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think at major service, where everything should be checked, over it's a bit of a liberty to charge the full price for the MOT.

·
Super Moderator
4,986 Posts
philb24 said:
I recently booked our 1 year old 3.0d in for a service, even though it has only covered 3.000 from new & they didn't even wash it, we were charged a lot of money just to change the oil & filter.
Always best to look at a service plan when the car is new, in the long run it can save you upto 50% of service costs. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts