Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the 10th September lock in date approaching I did some soul searching ( and talked to the "management")
Now joined the Ammonite Gang from IRR .... and ...... Can't believe I'm saying this after I was so positive I'd got it right ...... I have actually gone for jet headlining. Saw a light one at the dealers today and didn't like it with red/jet seats.
I think I've got it right now :? :?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I tried telling you!!! :roll: Ammonite with jet seats and jet headliner and fixed panoroof makes it feel different class. While my heap has been off the road again for four days I've been driving an XF with Jet red leather. Now the red leather we still need to work on!! In the XF is a little more smoky than the F Pace a little more tasteful, had I been shown this red in the showroom I may have been tempted......however after 4 days driving with it I bloody hate the red. Like driving around with a migraine, got back in mine and despite the ICTP playing up within 60 seconds the jet leather oyster stitching and jet headlining was like taking an ibuprofen and getting a head massage!!!! I'm so relieved you have seen sense. :cool: :p you will love it now honest, even more with jet leather!! ;)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CarlFRZ434 said:
I tried telling you!!! :roll: Ammonite with jet seats and jet headliner and fixed panoroof makes it feel different class. While my heap has been off the road again for four days I've been driving an XF with Jet red leather. Now the red leather we still need to work on!! In the XF is a little more smoky than the F Pace a little more tasteful, had I been shown this red in the showroom I may have been tempted......however after 4 days driving with it I bloody hate the red. Like driving around with a migraine, got back in mine and despite the ICTP playing up within 60 seconds the jet leather oyster stitching and jet headlining was like taking an ibuprofen and getting a head massage!!!! I'm so relieved you have seen sense. :cool: :p you will love it now honest, even more with jet leather!! ;)
Firstly I'm really saddened that you are still having problems after having your FP "off road" for 4 days. Scandalous!
I'm sure you'll keep us updated in your inimitable style. Really had fun reading your posts tinged with some anger at Jaguars inability to get it sorted. :evil:
Selfishly I really hope mine gets delivered free of major defects. :?: :?:
Back to my choices. I fully expected a dose of "I told you so" :) however at least I wasn't in denial and when I saw the combinations at the dealer yesterday I had to admit the jet headlining definitely blended better with the seats.
Now about the seats. I suppose you know the S has a different colour combination to the R sport. There is less red and it's more muted. I did consider going full black ... Really I did .... Mainly as I had changed the exterior colour from IRR to Ammonite. A big change. But I did prefer the red/jet combination. At risk of repeating myself. I'm sticking with it. At the end of the week it's locked in. Dealer was really helpful and had most colour combinations in. Probably as it was September 2nd. Hatfields Shrewsbury no complaints..... Yet! ;)
Good luck with your battles. Hopefully it will be sorted soon. :)

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Haha Timbo, you have what you like, its your car.

Ironically I went from Ammonite to IRR after seeing both and from jet to red leather, oh and from RSport 2 litre to S as well.

My view was I have had Ammonite for my last three cars and still have a Lotus in a similar colour, so thought a little bit, or rather a lot. of change was due...

Lets see how we go. A friend has the red leather in his XF, just got it, and the red is VERY in your face, being the seat facings, the S is much more subtle, I did have to check after seeing his though!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
F-Pace S said:
Haha Timbo, you have what you like, its your car.

Ironically I went from Ammonite to IRR after seeing both and from jet to red leather, oh and from RSport 2 litre to S as well.

My view was I have had Ammonite for my last three cars and still have a Lotus in a similar colour, so thought a little bit, or rather a lot. of change was due...

Lets see how we go. A friend has the red leather in his XF, just got it, and the red is VERY in your face, being the seat facings, the S is much more subtle, I did have to check after seeing his though!!
Your journey is interesting. My current car is a Firenza red Evoque which is the same as IRR. I originally went for Ammonite but just before ordering changed to IRR.
Saw Ammonite yesterday at the dealer. Cloudy day but still looked good so went for it. Did look at the full black seats but stuck with the red/jet. Never had any red inside before. Wanted a change. Hope it works. :?
I am now happy with my choices. I think. :? Don't think I would have changed if I had not got advice from here.
Thanks everyone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts