Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
FPTrevor said:
Parked my car next to a Macan tonight.
Car is Longer, higher and Wider.
Fpace is so much better looking, the Macan looks old fasioned and dated.
As much as I like Porsche their design language doesn't work on any other than 2 dr sports cars. The Macan looks as bad as Audi's TT SUV concept of a few years ago.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
luminated said:
FPTrevor said:
Parked my car next to a Macan tonight.
Car is Longer, higher and Wider.
Fpace is so much better looking, the Macan looks old fasioned and dated.
As much as I like Porsche their design language doesn't work on any other than 2 dr sports cars. The Macan looks as bad as Audi's TT SUV concept of a few years ago.
Too right. I mean look at the Panamera. Small children run screaming in the opposite direction.

Interesting how hard it is to make an interesting yet good looking SUV.

Maserati have got it wrong. The Levante looks really ungainly from a number of angles and suffers from the same "is it a Lexus?" rear end as a Cayenne.

Even Aston Martin who managed to make a gorgeous 4 door saloon from their epic design seem to be struggling.

God bless Ian Callum ;-)

·
Registered
32 Posts
It's true the Macan is no looker and the F-Pace from a number of angles looks really nice, and comes with some nice colour and wheel options. But from the moment you get inside and start the engine, it's a completely different world. Not that it matters. I think most Macan owners buy it for the badge, not the engineering.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Disagree I test drove the Macan before buying the Fpace and found them very similar but felt the extras you receive with the Fpace gave it the edge but two very good cars.

·
Registered
32 Posts
FPTrevor said:
Disagree I test drove the Macan before buying the Fpace and found them very similar but felt the extras you receive with the Fpace gave it the edge but two very good cars.
Good news.
Out of curiosity, which Macan did you drive, was it air or steel, pasm or no (if yes, which mode), wheel size? Makes a massive difference when pressing on.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I love Porsche, after two 911's, A Boxster S and two Cayenne's (old and new shape), however I just don't like the Macan hence my jump to Jag.

The new Cayenne is out autumn 2017 and it may indeed look like a bigger Macan...

I'm very happy with my choice :)

·
Registered
948 Posts
goron59 said:
It's true the Macan is no looker and the F-Pace from a number of angles looks really nice, and comes with some nice colour and wheel options. But from the moment you get inside and start the engine, it's a completely different world. Not that it matters. I think most Macan owners buy it for the badge, not the engineering.
Had the Cayenne before switching to the RRSport, despite this the Porsche dealer was still willing to loan me their demo for a weekend. It was a nicely specced Diesel S with PASM, it's reminded me more of a hot hatch than an SUV, turn in was superb but at no point does it feel settled on a B road and the road noise is simply unexceptable for this class and price of motor. In my opinion Porsche took the Macan too close to that of a sports car to the point that I'd rather pick a proper hot hatch like the Golf R and save the money.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts