Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
81 - 100 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just had confirmation that my order does meet the criteria for price protection. No clue when I'll get it but at least I'm not paying more
Can you share what those criteria are?

·
Registered
On Order 16th Nov - D200 R Dynamic Black, Bluefire blue, Oyster interior
60 Posts
Delayed 2021 F-Pace Deliveries
Just had confirmation that my order does meet the criteria for price protection. No clue when I'll get it but at least I'm not paying more
That's good news Chris👏 did they say what the criteria was? Edit : Loos like our posts crossed regarding my question on Criteria. Thanks
I've ordered the Black R edition like you and I ordered it just after you on Nov 16th. I'm keeping my fingers 🤞 🙏

·
Registered
Ordered D200 R-Dynamic Black in Oct 2021
10 Posts
Delayed 2021 F-Pace Deliveries

Thats good news Chris👏 did they say what the criteria was?
I've ordered the Black R edition like you and I ordered it just after you on Nov 16th. I'm keeping my fingers 🤞 🙏
Did you get a confirmed build date at any point?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yes, ironically today was the day😪

·
Registered
Awaiting P400e R Dynamic black, with lots of bits
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Yes, ironically today was the day😪
Yes, same as me, but the date means week ending, so sometime this week. I am still awaiting information on revised status and pricing, so hopefully the price protection will be applied.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am still awaiting information on revised status and pricing, so hopefully the price protection will be applied.
I'm in the same position waiting, my dealer did say that they hope to have an update on Monday From Jag

·
Registered
Ordered D200 R-Dynamic Black in Oct 2021
10 Posts
I'm in the same position waiting, my dealer did say that they hope to have an update on Monday From Jag
If you both had a committed build date then you should also qualify for price protection.

I had to query it and push my dealer for it as they initially said I couldn't have my original order price protected. They either couldn't be bothered to do the work to find out or more likely were trying it on to squeeze some extra ££££ from me.

·
Registered
Awaiting P400E R-Dynamic SE, Portofino/Ebony, Black Pack, 20" 1067, Adaptive Response, Meridian
37 Posts
Ditto. Told that price protected by JLR as it was close to build / delivery…. Also no idea of new build date but prioritised… watch this space.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Ditto. Told that price protected by JLR as it was close to build / delivery…. Also no idea of new build date but prioritised… watch this space.
Thanks, that's good to hear, it would restore some credibility of JRL

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you both had a committed build date then you should also qualify for price protection.

I had to query it and push my dealer for it as they initially said I couldn't have my original order price protected. They either couldn't be bothered to do the work to find out or more likely were trying it on to squeeze some extra ££££ from me.
Thanks for sharing guys, it will help our case if they try increasing the price.(y)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Some positive news on Friday
  • managed to get my order almost the same as in 2021 (spear wheel discussion is going on at the moment, still missing from my old order, at least managed to get correct wheels back)
  • price protected email received, fingers crossed 🤞 no bs
I try not to think about waiting time…to be more positive about Jaguar experience

·
Registered
215 Posts
My dealer said the spare wheel was not an option now ,but still allows it on the configurator when you build a new car? I ,like yourself ordered the space saver spare wheel as a safety feature, a can of goo is no great substitute and ruins the tyre too. I queried this on the Jaguar chat page out of hours, but two days later still no response from Jaguar!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
My dealer said the spare wheel was not an option now ,but still allows it on the configurator when you build a new car? I ,like yourself ordered the space saver spare wheel as a safety feature, a can of goo is no great substitute and ruins the tyre too.
Just in from dealer info about spear wheel:
At the moment Jaguar are not allowing us to order vehicles with a space saver spare wheel so we have had to place the order without this option.
At least dealer is honest. Option today available online.
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Camera accessory Camera lens

·
Registered
60 Posts
Myu original order was optioned with a Spare wheel also. I wonder if we can buy them in the future at the same price from the dealer when they do become availabel. I'm going to discuss with my dealer.
I'm not comfortable with out a spare, Electronics I can understand, but I wasn't expecting there to be an issue with a spare wheel.
This is another option
Or buying a second hand one with a jack from Ebay

·
Registered
215 Posts
So if I ordered one of those and my other wheels are 21 inch is this safe to drive? Sorry if I'm being a bit thick, I just envisage a lop sided car and suspension issues???

·
Registered
60 Posts
My Dealer Emailed today to say that my build has been slotted back in for 9/ Sept 22 but he didn't know if it was being built as a MY22 or MY23, or if there was any cost implications and was awaiting further information from Jag🤷‍♂️

Reactions: G1969

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
My Dealer Emailed today to say that my build has been slotted back in for 9/ Sept 22 but he didn't know if it was being built as a MY22 or MY23, or if there was any cost implications and was awaiting further information from Jag🤷‍♂️
Still awaiting news from mine, I will post when, if I find anything out. Thanks for the info

81 - 100 of 114 Posts