Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
61 - 80 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, I have just been informed that Jaguar Factory has instructed the dealer to cancel all orders and to reorder as a MY23. This is after being told that due to me having a build date of w/c 17th June and a confirmed order that I should have been ok. The dealer says they will issue further details when they have them, not sure on new timings or price protection ( if any) so like many I think I might jump ship and consider other options. We will see!!!, so all of you with pre booked build dates I would now be making phone calls.
Exactly the same as me. Dealership called yesterday with the same news but have been told if we want to continue with MY23 it will be another £3.500. Anyone else being quoted this.

·
Super Moderator
1,955 Posts
I Agree.
TATA motors has been doing terrible business. Even after being a leading global automobile manufacturing company. Goodbye Motor's well thought out course of action targets tracking down consistent answers for functional difficulties with a perspective on expanding its portion in the worldwide market. In the 2015/2016 monetary year, the organization's piece of the pie decreased to around 44% and 5.4% in business and traveler vehicles separately. Now the Company's future achievement relies upon its capacity to fulfill changing client requests by offering creative items as soon a possible and keeping up with such items' intensity and quality.

. . well, thanks for clearing that all up for us! o_O :unsure:

·
Registered
On Order 16th Nov - D200 R Dynamic Black, Bluefire blue, Oyster interior
60 Posts
I’ve been told if I want to continue with the MY23 build it will be another £3,500. Volvo are apparently picking up the extra cost to Customers with cars on order.
That's not good news, I'm awaiting further information from my dealer, they have only told me that my car is unslotted at this time (Due to be built this Fri) and they await more info from Jaguar.
Others on here have been told that their price is being honoured so I just don't know how it's going to pan out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Been lurking for a while and have shared many of the moments of despair. Ordered my D200 R Dynamic HSE in Sept 2021 and had 7 changes of build date and one unslotting. However, car was actually built on Friday and to spec (although I'm annoyed the dealer didn't pick up on the fact that the 360 camera dropped off standard fit at the time of order and advise to addd as an option. But to be fair, I didn't notice either).

So, hopefully on it's way to the dealer in the next day or so. This will be my 6th JLR purchase from this dealer, and it's the first one where I've had to phone up for info and chase, rather than being proactively informed. I expected better TBH....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Been lurking for a while and have shared many of the moments of despair. Ordered my D200 R Dynamic HSE in Sept 2021 and had 7 changes of build date and one unslotting. However, car was actually built on Friday and to spec (although I'm annoyed the dealer didn't pick up on the fact that the 360 camera dropped off standard fit at the time of order and advise to addd as an option. But to be fair, I didn't notice either).

So, hopefully on it's way to the dealer in the next day or so. This will be my 6th JLR purchase from this dealer, and it's the first one where I've had to phone up for info and chase, rather than being proactively informed. I expected better TBH....
That's great news after waiting so long Rob(y), nice to hear some positivity on here.
Were you unslotted recently (Over the last 8 weeks), did they come back to you with a new build date or were you just informed that it had been built?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi all,

this is interesting, you tried to split between you and dealer increased £ amount? (As you got less equipment for example - no 360 cameras, not sure about digital dash, should come with HSE?)

I received email today - thanks for purchasing car??? What car?? At least I’m prepared little bit for conversation with dealer, thanks for info! Try not to give up on the price increase;), go and see your dealer instead of phone conversation. Good luck!
Font Material property Parallel Paper Paper product

·
Registered
Ordered D200 R-Dynamic Black in Oct 2021
10 Posts
Exactly the same as me. Dealership called yesterday with the same news but have been told if we want to continue with MY23 it will be another £3.500. Anyone else being quoted this.
Yes, I've also been quoted an increase of £3500.
I spoke with a different dealership today who did suggest that if the car had been given a build date by Jaguar but unslotted that it would get price protection based on the original order. I'm not sure how accurate that is. Waiting on a call back from the dealership I ordered through to ask the question.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I spoke with a different dealership today who did suggest that if the car had been given a build date by Jaguar but unslotted that it would get price protection based on the original order. I'm not sure how accurate that is. Waiting on a call back from the dealership I ordered through to ask the question.
That's interesting and food for thought 🤞, thanks for sharing Chris

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's great news after waiting so long Rob(y), nice to hear some positivity on here.
Were you unslotted recently (Over the last 8 weeks), did they come back to you with a new build date or were you just informed that it had been built?
I was unslotted late January, the next week I had a build date. Which then changed 5 times. Last slippage was from 3rd to 10th June, which I was told about on 3rd when I called to chase for an update. Found i
out it was built by calling on 10th for another update….

sigh.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Today I was called in to discuss my build change from MY22 to MY23.
This is what I cannot have on my new build MY23 that I wanted.
No spare wheel. No cooled glove box. No air quality sensor. No suede cloth headlining. No clear exit monitor. Of course no IDD.
What I gained (but didn't want) was Wireless device charging and Silver roof rails.
Salesman (poor chap) indicated that all orders moved from MY22 to MY23 would get priority build over any new orders. He could give no time scale on builds, but said if you ordered an XF or XE then it would be on hold for potentially a year!
The dealership is having lots of conversations with disgruntled customers awaiting JLR vehicles and are not getting much info back from the Factory to placate customers. Only positive thing was once again my price is agreed price for MY22 build. Personally think I've lost about £1600 in accessories at least. I've also lost a sale on my XF with build put back and I suppose I will have to take out an extended warranty for it, as no new F Pace build expected for months! If it was not for my Privilege Buyer status I would have cancelled .

·
Registered
60 Posts
I Spoke with the Sales manager today from my dealership to ask for an update now that Jag have opened up the MY23 orders. He checked the system and he said that because my order had a build date (17th June) and was then unslotted, the order has gone back onto the system as a priority MY23 car (As with other unslotted build date cars). He couldn't reassure me on the price staying the same. However, he did say that he was hoping that it would, due to the car being unslotted which is similar to what you were told. 🤞.
I asked if he had any indication on how long I will have to wait but he didn't know. He said that they (Not sure if it's Dealer dependant) have their updates on Monday's, he will update me next week.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Today I was called in to discuss my build change from MY22 to MY23.
This is what I cannot have on my new build MY23 that I wanted.
No spare wheel. No cooled glove box. No air quality sensor. No suede cloth headlining. No clear exit monitor. Of course no IDD.
What I gained (but didn't want) was Wireless device charging and Silver roof rails.
Salesman (poor chap) indicated that all orders moved from MY22 to MY23 would get priority build over any new orders. He could give no time scale on builds, but said if you ordered an XF or XE then it would be on hold for potentially a year!
The dealership is having lots of conversations with disgruntled customers awaiting JLR vehicles and are not getting much info back from the Factory to placate customers. Only positive thing was once again my price is agreed price for MY22 build. Personally think I've lost about £1600 in accessories at least. I've also lost a sale on my XF with build put back and I suppose I will have to take out an extended warranty for it, as no new F Pace build expected for months! If it was not for my Privilege Buyer status I would have cancelled .
Thanks for the update Chris, a mixture of good and bad there, I ordered a space saver wheel and the a pack which included the Clear Exit monitor which I currently have on my car and would miss that.
Great news on the price remaining the same but not so good to hear that no new F Pace builds planned for months.

·
Registered
19 Posts
best thing now since they reopened for new orders on F-pace - 6 months wait time, some of us waiting around a year now?!? Since when they learned how to build a car quicker;) and JLR has order backlog of about 150,000 vehicles.

·
Registered
60 Posts
best thing now since they reopened for new orders on F-pace - 6 months wait time, some of us waiting around a year now?!? Since when they learned how to build car quicker;) and JLR has order backlog of about 150,000 vehicles.
:D I have my positive head back on today hoping for some good news i.e. price remaining the same and the car to be built within the next 2 months.
Nothing wrong with dreaming :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: G1969

·
Registered
19 Posts
:D I have my positive head back on today hoping for some good news i.e. price remaining the same and the car to be built within the next 2 months.
Nothing wrong with dreaming :ROFLMAO:
Sounds good to me!
Just spoke with my dealer, person who looked after me unfortunately left. New sales man is off today and will give me call tomorrow. Sales person on the phone could not give me any information regarding my build. Confused.com :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
My dealer, Jaguar in Leeds said the price is protected as agreed with me already - they did this in writing!

Reactions: G1969 and Pughy269

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi all,
Some news in: unfortunately dealer had no time to give me call back or time to talk today on the phone.
I sent email and asked for 23MY order sheet, after receiving new order sheet I noticed missing 5037 black gloss wheels and no space saver spare wheel. Need to sort this out. At the moment double checking with dealer if my 2021 order price is protected and not MY23 price protected.
Looks to me up to 6month wait time;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just had confirmation that my order does meet the criteria for price protection. No clue when I'll get it but at least I'm not paying more

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just had confirmation that my order does meet the criteria for price protection. No clue when I'll get it but at least I'm not paying more

61 - 80 of 114 Posts