Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
221 - 240 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
Waiting on MY22 P400e (MY21 cancelled)
40 Posts
Has anyone installed a home charger for their p400e? If so, which brand? We were looking at the Andersen.. does anybody else have this?
12amp 3 pin plug does a 6 hour(ish) charge, it’s not an EV and the difference in cost between elec / petrol miles is not huge - had a PHEV prior to this and had very few occasions where I didn’t set off on a full charge - depends on frequency that you travel but was fine for me.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Has anyone installed a home charger for their p400e? If so, which brand? We were looking at the Andersen.. does anybody else have this?
I have a Rolec Smart charger, works really well (especially if they bring back the bespoke car charging tariffs) and comes in a range of colours to suit your property. It also has an app that allows you to manipulate charging times.

Reactions: Ggy

·
Registered
Awaiting P400e R Dynamic black, with lots of bits
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #225 ·
Another interesting telling article, from autocar!

For a large part of the last decade, the ambition at Jaguar Land Rover was to get to a million units per year. But it never threatened to get there, JLR’s record year of just over 620,000 sales coming in 2017.

To get to that 1m figure, JLR would need to make smaller models, and smaller models mean less profits. It's no coincidence that Mercedes-Benz is set to abandon smaller models altogether in pursuit of bigger and more luxurious cars. BMW is understood to be considering something similar.

Just how reliant JLR is on its largest models was laid bare again in its latest financial results this week. The half-a-billion loss over the past three months was caused by delays in getting the Range Rover and its Range Rover Sport sibling – JLR’s cash cows – into production, as our Nick Gibbs detailed in his analysis of the figures this week.

For JLR, it was an unwelcome glimpse into life without the pair, and it wasn’t a very palatable one. Thankfully, the order bank for the two cars is as healthy as ever, and the initial “light at the end of a very, very long tunnel” – the chip shortage – has helped it accelerate builds, according to JLR chief financial officer Adrian Mardell. Better times lie ahead.

In the meantime, Land Rover Defender aside, there’s very little taking up the slack at JLR. The Land Rover Discovery and Range Rover Velar are both struggling; Jaguar is being wound down in its current form; and while not a cash cow, the Range Rover Evoque was typically JLR’s golden child and best-seller, driving volume and encouraging the firm to look at new niches to drive it towards that 1m goal, but demand is now flat and it’s only marginally outselling the (more profitable) Defender.

The old adage goes that small cars are just as expensive to develop as larger ones, yet you can charge less for them. JLR must be thankful that it didn’t pursue smaller models chasing ever greater volume, and it’s telling that its next three models are all of the large, expensive and thus profitable ilk: Range Rover, Range Rover Sport and Land Rover Defender 130.

For a company where financial jeopardy never seems that far away, it’s understandably following the money.

Mark Tisshaw, editor

·
Registered
Awaiting P400E R-Dynamic SE, Portofino/Ebony, Black Pack, 20" 1067, Adaptive Response, Meridian
54 Posts
I recall that someone observed in an earlier comment, on a factory visit, that the place was full of Range Rovers. I'm glad to say my P400E has arrived at the dealership this week. I haven't been able to arrange to collect it until next week and as far as I can tell, it's because the sales guy has been tied up with a number of Range Rovers they have booked in for hand-over!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #227 ·
That's good news Peter, mine is due to be built next week, so I will see, and still no confirmation on price protection, so there's still a number questions "if and when I get and if I accept or reject "

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #229 ·
I recall that someone observed in an earlier comment, on a factory visit, that the place was full of Range Rovers. I'm glad to say my P400E has arrived at the dealership this week. I haven't been able to arrange to collect it until next week and as far as I can tell, it's because the sales guy has been tied up with a number of Range Rovers they have booked in for hand-over!
Make sure you post some pictures

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well, I've cancelled my R Dynamic D200 SE order. Placed last Dec and no sign of any delivery until late this year or early next year. I've loved the three F Pace's I've owned, great cars, and actually had great service from my dealer, but Jaguar must sort out how it communicates with its dealers and through them to its customers.
I've ordered one of the new Mazda CX-60's. Without going into detail it looks very similar to the F Pace but beats it on sheer value and the level of standard spec, PHEV range and performance; and guarantees delivery in 6-8wks.
I'll be selling my 2020 R Sport in late Sept/Oct so if anyone's interested in a low mileage (c18k by then), well specc'ed F Pace in the rare Silicon Silver with Oyster inlay seats and with one careful, retired owner then get in touch. More detail nearer the time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have now been given a build date of the 1st week of November for my D200 SE. Ordered nearly 12 months ago. If JLR move this date again I shall probably cancel.
The only thing working to my benefit is I have an original price guarantee on the base cost and have removed the driver assist pack as the adaptative cruise control is now part of the base build. So a saving on what I was going to pay and a decent discount on the current price.

Judging by the number of JLR transporters taking cars to Southampton docks via the M40/A34, production appears to have ramped up. Mostly Range Rovers but a fair number of F Paces too. I suspect JLR focussed on the export business as with the state of the £ against the $, more profit to be made.

On another note I test drove a Tesla Y last week. Technically excellent but the interior is very low rent. Everything controlled by the touch screen which in my view is not very clever at all. My spouse disliked it so that is that. So no glorified milk float for a while yet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’ve cancelled my order for a D200 R-Dynamic SE having ordered it in September last year and bought a 2021 ex-demo instead. I managed to get most of the options I ordered but with the changes to the specs coming through I’ve indirectly gained a few (digital cockpit, 360 cameras). I have to say I’m loving the car and would have waited if it wasn’t for the arrival of our newborn. The only thing bothering me is it came with the black 20” alloys when I wanted the silver ones so will be on the hunt for a decent set to buy.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Any news on anyone's orders coming soon?
Hi, mid - October car is coming (R-Dynamic, diesel, ordered 13.09.21.), but again lead times that Jaguar are giving seem to change on regular basis - just received update from sales guy. Not sure if it helps in your case.

·
Registered
Awaiting P400E R-Dynamic SE, Portofino/Ebony, Black Pack, 20" 1067, Adaptive Response, Meridian
54 Posts
Make sure you post some pictures
Here y'go, picked it up yesterday 😎 ..... sorry to all of you that are still waiting, hope you get sorted soon. It is well worth the wait!
PS: the white spec on the door is a bit of dust on the iPhone lens ... I hope !
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Car Plant Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
On Order 16th Nov - D200 R Dynamic Black, Bluefire blue, Oyster interior
75 Posts
That is lovely Peter, genuinely nice to see some cars coming through.
It's been a roller coaster of emotions whilst waiting and I have been seriously thinking of cancelling this week but your post including the pictures are reviving my faith👌
Congratulations, enjoy👍

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #238 ·
Here y'go, picked it up yesterday 😎 ..... sorry to all of you that are still waiting, hope you get sorted soon. It is well worth the wait!
PS: the white spec on the door is a bit of dust on the iPhone lens ... I hope ! View attachment 9479 View attachment 9480
Very nice, I know you have only just got, but how does it compare to your previous car?

·
Registered
Waiting on MY22 P400e (MY21 cancelled)
40 Posts
Congratulations on the delivery- looks great, enjoy. Loving mine, 600 miles in with a few longer journeys it covers the miles effortlessly, acceleration is something else.

221 - 240 of 247 Posts