Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
Awaiting P400e R Dynamic black, with lots of bits
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have just been informed that Jaguar Factory has instructed the dealer to cancel all orders and to reorder as a MY23. This is after being told that due to me having a build date of w/c 17th June and a confirmed order that I should have been ok. The dealer says they will issue further details when they have them, not sure on new timings or price protection ( if any) so like many I think I might jump ship and consider other options. We will see!!!, so all of you with pre booked build dates I would now be making phone calls.

·
Registered
On Order 16th Nov - D200 R Dynamic Black, Bluefire blue, Oyster interior
61 Posts
Sorry to hear that, my build date is also the 17th June so it's not looking good if your dealer is correct. If the price is protected and I have to wait a few months, then I will wait because I really don't fancy anything else. Can't believe that we are getting cancelled within 4 weeks of the build date, not good:(.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Obviously not been following the delayed F Pace thread that is now over 30 pages long! Welcome to the club. My dealer rang to give me an update on my cancelled build and basically could not confirm any new build date yet. Only positive note being, he confirmed my price deal is still valid.:D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chris,
Yes, I have closely and have posted on it, but was assured due to having a build date so close it would be OK.So I will wait and see if they confirm my price is still valid, if so then as Phugy269 I will be happy to wait, if not then I will review my position.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Obviously not been following the delayed F Pace thread that is now over 30 pages long! Welcome to the club. My dealer rang to give me an update on my cancelled build and basically could not confirm any new build date yet. Only positive note being, he confirmed my price deal is still valid.:D
Chris, Do you mind me asking if your price deal is to a fixed capped price on the car or an agreed percentage discount?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Fixed price on the car according to Salesman and Finance Director. I get a JLR Privilege Discount as I worked for Tata - JLR's owners.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Chris, Do you mind me asking if your price deal is to a fixed capped price on the car or an agreed percentage discount?
I waited nearly 9 months, car was changed from a MY21 to MY22 and the price was honoured and this was agreed when I placed my order; at least 2 price increases happened during this period.

Reactions: G1969

·
Registered
61 Posts
It's great to see everyone's update even if they are not all positive, it gives us an idea on what is going on, it does appear from the majority of unslotted orders on here that JLR will honour the original price, which for me is the main thing,
The Bluefire colour was a no cost option and the red calipers came as standard for the Dynamic R Back edition, both are now costed options. I am hoping these will be honoured (Or at least the Bluefire) .

On a plus side, If the new cars are built to MY23 spec, my order will also include some extra's not on my spec - New additions would be Adaptive cruise, Auto High Bean assist, Premium cabin lighting, Animated Directional indicators, wireless charging.
With 3 weeks until my car is built, I am hoping to get some update this week, good or bad

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well, I have just been informed that Jaguar Factory has instructed the dealer to cancel all orders and to reorder as a MY23. This is after being told that due to me having a build date of w/c 17th June and a confirmed order that I should have been ok. The dealer says they will issue further details when they have them, not sure on new timings or price protection ( if any) so like many I think I might jump ship and consider other options. We will see!!!, so all of you with pre booked build dates I would now be making phone calls.
Similar to my order, dealer has confirmed that the specification will be 23MY, order not cancelled but they are now focusing on the new spec taking into consideration part availability. My dealer is confirming final specification in the next few weeks but at first glance using Jaguar's website as its now been updated are things link analogue dash, no 3D camera and on mine, R Dynamic SE the standard wheels which were black have now changed to black and alloy which I don't want as it doesn't match the older black pack (they now have two, basic black pack and a premium), see what happens on this one. Price isn't changing, I agreed a price with the dealer and that's it, no compensation offer as yet if the 3D camera and digital dash isn't available. A shambles really.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Get it and then sell it for a profit before the prices collapse!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Pughy269, all those new extras in your spec were ones I either dismissed because I didn't like them, or stuff I would have not used, or instantly turned off. So swings and roundabouts for us all. I will only miss the Interactive Digital Dashboard, which is a major omission for me. Personally I would gladly wait a few months to get IDD but I get it other folk are desperate for their new cars. News from the Factory on builds is non existent and dealers and us potential owners are treated like mushrooms!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Pughy269, all those new extras in your spec were ones I either dismissed because I didn't like them, or stuff I would have not used, or instantly turned off. So swings and roundabouts for us all. I will only miss the Interactive Digital Dashboard, which is a major omission for me. Personally I would gladly wait a few months to get IDD but I get it other folk are desperate for their new cars. News from the Factory on builds is non existent and dealers and us potential owners are treated like mushrooms!
The interactive display is a big omission and something I would have liked but it wasn't even an option for me in Nov.
I currently have the Auto high beam and it's something I would miss. My daily commute consists of a 50 mile mororway trip so the adaptive cruise would be very welcomed.
Hope you get your date soon🤞keep us updated.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The interactive display is a big omission and something I would have liked but it wasn't even an option for me in Nov.
I currently have the Auto high beam and it's something I would miss. My daily commute consists of a 50 mile mororway trip so the adaptive cruise would be very welcomed.
Hope you get your date soon🤞keep us updated.
@Pughy269 You can add adaptive cruise & queue assist via LR Retrofits for £250...😉

·
Registered
61 Posts
@Pughy269 You can add adaptive cruise & queue assist via LR Retrofits for £250...😉
Hadn't heard of them before, very interesting🤔thanks for sharing.
I take it that the radars etc required are fitted generically to all cars and then switched on/off dependant on the spec.

Reactions: Browning725

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well, had the inevitable information today from My dealer (After chasing) that my build date of 17th June has been unslotted. No further info at this time, he's awaiting a reply from Jaguar.
Doesn't feel good after waiting so long and 3 weeks to build date.
I will keep you posted on any updates..

·
Registered
217 Posts
Well, had the inevitable information today from My dealer (After chasing) that my build date of 17th June has been unslotted. No further info at this time, he's awaiting a reply from Jaguar.
I feel your frustration having had the same conversation several weeks ago with my dealer.:mad:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Not ideal but inevitable. I havent really got a problem waiting a bit longer, Just hoping now that the price doesn't change.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry to hear!!, but ties in with all the rest of us and as the dealer is apparently no wiser ,I have been trying to get some clarity from jaguar factory why they have cancelled my order so close to the confirmed build date but no joy, very vague and just push back to contact dealer. Very disappointing that they take this stance, but hey we are only the customers that pay the wages. Maybe it's like Willywonka chocolate factory and without a golden ticket no one gets in or out.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts