Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I did order my SC- portfolio here in Belgium beginning of February and delivery has been delayed twice.
Now it's planned for October hand-over.

If i read on this forum that people are receiving their car now which was ordered as late as in April I really don't understand why Belgian customers are cut back so much??
Anyone else experiencing the same with SC models in Belgium?

Cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,073 Posts
annsjovis said:
Hello all,

I did order my SC- portfolio here in Belgium beginning of February and delivery has been delayed twice.
Now it's planned for October hand-over.

If i read on this forum that people are receiving their car now which was ordered as late as in April I really don't understand why Belgian customers are cut back so much??
Anyone else experiencing the same with SC models in Belgium?

Cheers
Your not cut back. I ordered last October and will receive mine 1st of Sept so your not alone.
The "actual" order books at Jaguar themselves opened on the 4th April I think from memory so even if you ordered with your dealer in February or I ordered with my dealer in October it was down to that dealer and how fast he loaded up your details. Then there are the allocations etc and the fact nearly every petrol order was delayed by supplies until end of June so most have only really just started coming through now.

Not just been Belgium at fault :) there's always the element of luck and supply logistics as well .
Has the car been built yet ? Do you have a build date ? These dates can move forward and back. Once it's built them you should be good,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx Mbadger77 for your mental support and extended explanation on this matter.
Build dates or VIN I cannot get from muy dealer.
He says this is only for internal use ! And he also mentioned that this dates aren't accurate as well!?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
I am in the UK,also ordered in February and I have a build date of 14th October 2016 so based on my experience you Belgiums have not been discriminated against
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,073 Posts
annsjovis said:
Thx Mbadger77 for your mental support and extended explanation on this matter.
Build dates or VIN I cannot get from muy dealer.
He says this is only for internal use ! And he also mentioned that this dates aren't accurate as well!?
Sound to me like dealer hiding something and your dates he gave you weren't firm dates.

Do you have an order number ? If so just email [email protected]
Ask them if they can give you a build date
Also tell them your dealer said refusing to give you the official build or delivery date and you don't feel you are in the loop or have any system information.

They will get back to you in a few days normally

As far as I know there is no reason at all for them not to show you your build date if it exists. I was sent screenshots of the dates and status.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,378 Posts
The only people that are getting them quicker, are using dealer amendable slots, i.e. where a dealer has placed an order for a demonstrator that is not now being used, other than that, it appears to still be 6-8 months or so from order date, so there are still many people not likely to receive them until December into 2017
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,333 Posts
Topcat said:
I am in the UK,also ordered in February and I have a build date of 14th October 2016 so based on my experience you Belgiums have not been discriminated against
I'm puzzled by these "order dates" people are claiming. I put my deposit down in Sept 15 with my spec at that time, the final order spec had to be in by 14th June, with a build date 8th July collected from dealer on 22nd July......23rd July 79 miles first lot of grief with infamous ICTP!! And been a pain in arse every day since, and I mean EVERYDAY!

So was my order date Sept 15?? No orders were being taken only deposits! Order lock in was June.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Interesting comments and you guys are having similar experiences to myself.
I put down £1k in January with my dealer, attended the showings in February at Castle Bromwich and we finally got the configuration completed in May, there was an issue as to how to specify heated & cooled front seats.
Build date is now Sept 9th.
I've wondered how early people must have ordered to get theirs, at least I have some explanations. I've found the experience, to date, frustrating. The dealer is somewhat unhelpful bordering on arrogance, as they have a car with high demand.
Reading the experiences of some on this sight the wait is now filled with greater trepidation rather than the excitement that should go with such a lovely looking car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,378 Posts
RayE said:
Interesting comments and you guys are having similar experiences to myself.
I put down £1k in January with my dealer, attended the showings in February at Castle Bromwich and we finally got the configuration completed in May, there was an issue as to how to specify heated & cooled front seats.
Build date is now Sept 9th.
I've wondered how early people must have ordered to get theirs, at least I have some explanations. I've found the experience, to date, frustrating. The dealer is somewhat unhelpful bordering on arrogance, as they have a car with high demand.
Reading the experiences of some on this sight the wait is now filled with greater trepidation rather than the excitement that should go with such a lovely looking car.
well actually the delay may have done you favour, as the delay has solved some of the initial issues people have had. Personally my build date is a week after yours and I get more relaxed as it closer, whereas a month or two back it was a worry!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,333 Posts
I have in the past worked in the motor trade, and I can honestly say the dealers are often the last to to be advised of final spec, details, manufacture period etc!!! So. your dealers may be as
Fuckt off as you!!! Hence why I am in direct communication with JLR to my issues. Dealer can only do so much, till JLR sort out the ICTP the dealers are working blind!!
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top