Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

I have been stalking this website for several months watching the comings and going, reading up on a few things, and generally getting down and depressed with a lot of the issues you all seem to be facing.

My f-pace finally arrived 2 weeks ago, and I have to say I am impressed with it! I think it drives great, I don't seem to have any issues with shut lines etc, and I am finally getting used to where the controls all are, after 11 years with VAG in various guises from Golf to TT to (2) Scirocco's and finally to A6. After that long in one family of cars, moving to a whole new one was always going to be a somewhat of an experience.

I was a very active member and moderator on the tt-forum, and I hope to become a helpful and active member here as well.

I ended up with the F-Pace afer testing a few things back early this year. I tried the Evoque (to car like), I tried the X3 (to boring inside), tried the Q5 (felt like everything else I had) and finally tried the F-pace and Disco Sport back to back, and was so torn. I loved the Disco for all its ruggedness and poise, but I got my heart strings pulled by the f-pace! plus the Disco Sport is the sort of car which is not going to win a "beauty pageant"

Anyway I digress, I ordered the f-pace in April, got quoted October the 10th for delivery, and it arrived with me on the 4th, so that was about right. I have not been able to load it up as much as I would have liked, as I was already on my top end budget, so I have settled for an auto with reversing camera, and privacy glass. I would like to point out,having read some threads, I can park it with out the camera, but it is a nice bit of protection when manoeuvring, and apart from a few false positives with the sensors, it seems to be fine.

ICT - seems to not have any issues, and being in software development myself, it sounds like and feels like all they got the kit right on the ICT, and then tried to get a little too fancy with the extras on the ICTP!

Wheels - I have 19's - flame away! - they do the job for me!

I have not had any faults, and I can't find any issues so far!!!

Only downside, I took it all the way down to my head office for a meeting, got in to the car park fine, but the out ramp is known as the "alloy killer" by all the businesses on the park who use it, and yup, I thought I had made it out, only to hear the painful and tearful "sssccccrrrraaaappppeeee" noise. so 1 week in, and a scrapped alloy... its off for repair next week, but I feel gutted, and had a tear in my eye for 2 days!

Told my boss I was parking at the train station a mile away if I have to go down there again!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Hi Paul. Nice post. Welcome along to the forum as a fully-fledged member. Your R-Sport looks the cat's whiskers! I like the 19s, I have them on my own vehicle too, I think they are superb as 'standard' fit wheels for the R-Sports!

Very sorry to hear of the mishap though, that really must have been some killer kerb, 'cos the tyre walls of bionics should be sufficiently high to reduce the chances of that happening, nine times out of ten . . . just bad luck on this occasion, commiserations!

Enjoy your car! :p

·
Registered
492 Posts
Yes Hi Paul and welcome to the forum. I have had my car since 15th sept and also no problems apart from one occasion of lazy start up of ICTP. I came from a Touareg to mine and love it, lots better handling and finish and no alignment issues :D

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Hi Paul,
I too have just picked mine up, 3 days ago in fact, and all good so far, including ITCP...
Great to be able to share things, as you say I did have a few worries before delivery about how mine would turn out after some of the poor souls suffering on here.
Yours looks nice and the bling wheels compliment the black bodywork well
Piers

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Hello Paul .. and welcome!

That's a lovely looking car - as CW says even though they might not be biguns the bionics are a nice wheel.

By the way where do you live .. some pretty huge insects around your way!

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
F-Pace S said:
Hi Paul,
I too have just picked mine up, 3 days ago in fact, and all good so far, including ITCP...
Great to be able to share things, as you say I did have a few worries before delivery about how mine would turn out after some of the poor souls suffering on here.
Yours looks nice and the bling wheels compliment the black bodywork well
Piers
Plenty of time for the ICTP bug to get you yet!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
Hello Paul .. and welcome!

That's a lovely looking car - as CW says even though they might not be biguns the bionics are a nice wheel.

By the way where do you live .. some pretty huge insects around your way!
Just tup in North West of England... you have to be wary of the lady birds around these parts!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
catwoman said:
Very sorry to hear of the mishap though, that really must have been some killer kerb, 'cos the tyre walls of bionics should be sufficiently high to reduce the chances of that happening, nine times out of ten . . . just bad luck on this occasion, commiserations!
its known as the alloy killer, because it starts off almost level to the ground and as you go round the corner it rises up so all of a sudden you realise the right rear is up in the air and there is not much you can do about it :eek:

Also being a 1980's business park on the side of the M4, they have tried to fit in as many spaces as possible, but not made them particularly wide, or deep, so BMW 5 Series and Audi's stick out of the spaces so much that the angle of approach to the ramps is narrow to say the least.

Its going in for repair at least so will hopefully look as good as new!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Nice car Paul (and excellent choice of colour ;) )
I too have had no faults 750 miles in. Maybe you don't get them in black!

·
Registered
887 Posts
Nice car Paul, I also think it is an excellent colour choice, much better than the tacky in your face lighter colours :eek: :shock: :lol:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Jim said:
Nice car Paul, I also think it is an excellent colour choice, much better than the tacky in your face lighter colours :eek: :shock: :lol:
:lol: ;) :roll:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jim said:
Glad there are a few other "private ambulances" around.

Colour like all things is a personal choice. I was almost an Ammo member but decided the feel for me was Ultimate Black. Got to get the wax and the polishers out before Winter really sets in!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Jim said:
As the others say Paul, welcome aboard fella!! You should be proud of your car so why buy black? Most people buy black because they are embarrassed by their car and it's easier to hide in shadows, MG Maestros!!!. And to think you could have been a member of the elite Ammo Club too.....ya missed out son! :lol: :cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
CarlFRZ434 said:
Jim said:
As the others say Paul, welcome aboard fella!! You should be proud of your car so why buy black? Most people buy black because they are embarrassed by their car and it's easier to hide in shadows, MG Maestros!!!. And to think you could have been a member of the elite Ammo Club too.....ya missed out son! :lol: :cool:
Haha, Thanks for the welcome and also all the info I gained from your posts!

I am proud and I love it! Black is a choice colour, and I was stuck with lack of budget for bling wheels, so came down to what the Bionics looked like to me personally with the car. I felt they washed out on White and quite a bit on Ammo. Storm Grey looked nice, but was the same as My A6, and they only did the FE in a blue close to the one I loved on my Scirocco!

So glad I chose as I did. Looks Gansta! But doesn't sound it when you can hear "wheels on the bus blaring out" (I have a 2 year old, daddy has no say in music choices when she is on board)

Maybe the next one will be Ammo, when budget and wife let me stretch further!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Like the member who started this thread I have been snooping around on here since August when I placed my order. Got a call today to tell me that my car had been built and was 'on the water' heading for NZ. Checked out Topix using VIN number and all in order. have details of the ship she is on and can follow it on the internet as it heads (ever so slowly this way). Due in Auckland 13th November and delivery about 10 days later. Previous car was 2014.5 RRSport which i really loved. Went in to dealer a few days after launch of F-Pace for a test drive and 'accidentally' signed up for one. Not really - just felt like a change. Will post details in November when I have taken delivery. So excited ! Reminds me of the quotation I saw on a blackboard outside my favourite coffee lounge. "It's Springtime and I'm so excited I wet my pLants". Cheers for now

1 - 17 of 17 Posts