Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new to this forum. Been trying to register on the US site for a few weeks, some tech glitch has blocked me. Anyhow, yours was easy and I figure most of my relatives came over from England back in the day, so it's a nice fit. I've had a great experience building my F-Pace and outside of a few revisions I'm quite satisfied w/my finished creation. I did get a wee bit worried when our local sales manager mentioned that any amendments could
possibly set back my confirmed dates, but I was pleased to find out they did not when he entered the revised specs earlier this week. The local dealership is having their big rollout of the F-Pace tomorrow. I'm quite sure that once the word gets out, there's already quite a buzz, that their order slots will fill up quickly, with newer orders moving into next calendar year in a short time. Happy to be on board. Regards, Peter

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Yes I paid my $2000. USD deposit back when the first model arrived at our dealership three weeks ago. I didn't even have an order in at that time, the deposit just put me in some phantom line. Of course the build date wasn't confirmed until I placed my first spec order. Come to think of it, I did have a bit of a scare. After getting a confirmation build date of 7/08, the sales manager called the next day with some bad news. It appeared that Solihull had underestimated the demand for certain parts once the F Pace hit the states, The backorder in Black Packs and 22" Double Helix/Chrome rims now pushed the build/delivery dates to Sept. and October. My amended order (considerable changes, but more like my original plans) took away the Black Pack, but kept the 22" Helix. Manager Mike was surprised and I was delighted that the confirmed dates went back to the original July/Aug. dates when the new order was placed in the system. I hope dates stay on track now. I have been reading on this forum some of the long waits between deposit and date confirmation. Why that would happen to the loyal locals and not across the pond is strange. Early rollout issues? I'm happy with my date, but empathise with those who keep on getting bumped.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
WeLcome Yankee. :)

I assume you've got petrol S and not the diesel. Basically the 3 litre engines and black packs had delays and sourcing issues,

They have been sorted and end of June all 3 litres ordered will be started. I've got same build date as you so amongst the early next batch and I hope to have mid August as there is a 2 week factory shutdown in between hence longer lead times. To get yours end of August is pretty good going.

Hopefully end of summer we get ours. I had order placed just after books opened in April 2nd or thereabouts. Deposit last year

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I opted for the S petrol guzzler;) Taking advantage of the glut of cheaper gas before they get their act together and squeeze supply. I'm good with high teens for average mpg. It does seem US imports are taking away some earlier slots from UK. Don't know if that is part of earlier arranged deals or what. It doesn't make sense to me.

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Just wanted to say hi and welcome along Peter "5000"

Very nice spec, that's a real quality cat you're getting! I love how it seems that British Racing Green is a more popular choice over your side of the pond than it is here in it's country of origin . . just an impression, not based upon any facts, but I've not even seen an FP in that colour over here yet, just photos and video!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think your observation is spot on catwoman. I can't explain why there seems to be such an interest in BRG in the states. I grew up seeing a couple E Types in BRG in the neighborhood. The color I most associated with Jaguar I guess. This is obviously not a Jaguar sports car like the E, but it's as close as I'm ever going to get ;) I tried on every combination, but kept moving back to BRG. I wished I could have chosen a tad lighter shade for seats, such as one of the tans or greys offered in other models. The limitations in trim choices moving through the models was frustrating to say the least. I've seen the Brogue in person, and think it will grow on me over time. It ages quite well with good care. You picked my second choice, I've seen the F Pace in Ammonite. It's quite brilliant. Enjoy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts