Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is going to the preview in London this week can you post your observations to this thread.

The big question for me is when to expect the on-road reviews (I heard early April). This will be the biggest factor for me on deciding to move forward given all the talk around 20" or 22". As for the delivery dates of the demonstrators, I am working under the assumption of a April / May time frame to avoid any disappointment.

Thanks in advance. :cool:

Zane

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Zane
I posted the following on a different thread yesterday:

Attended the preview today at ME Hotel in London.

Negatives:
They sort of admitted by omission that Caesium blue could be available on future model years for the F-Pace and as discussed on the forum kinda de-values my First Edition I feel?! Particularly given that you can replicate 90% of the rest of the spec on an S for the same price.
And that was the second frustration, the FE on display was a non-UK model and they get Adaptive Cruise, 4 zone climate, Surround camera and sliding roof. I appreciate they didn't want the price to go too high in the UK but that's the point there should have been some form of economies of scale for those lucky enough to get their hands on one. All the other cars on display were close to 60k anyway with all the options included.

Positives:
Build quality seemed very good, especially if these were not full production models. The plastic rear door trim mentioned elsewhere is not great but not a big issue when it is only seen with the door open.
Car looked fantastic, pictures don't do justice to the design/curves on this thing. The best looking SUV/crossover in my opinion, particularly given how practical it remains at the same time.
If I wasn't having the FE I would still be trying to stretch to 22 inch wheels. They looked great and give Mr Callum his excellent 200m view he talks about. 20's in black looked ok though as the size was disguised slightly. Silver 20s looked too small.
Tech was also a positive, a massive step up from what I have had in 2010/11 XFR/XJs.

Finally, we're starting to get a consistent message now re dates. Demonstrators with the dealers in April, FE's released in May and others from June onwards. It sounds like your own delivery date is dependant on your particular dealers order book. So its where you are in their build queue not just how long ago you put the order in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi
Just to add if the reason for not going for 22s is financial that's understandable. If it's concern over ride I honestly don't think that will be an issue. The sidewall depth of the 22 inch tyre looked quite significant to me. I think that is why even the 20s look small as the overall size of the wheel/tyre is the same on all versions so the sidewall is extra large on the 20s compared to say an XF or XJ with 20s.

Also, I was told press reviews/test drives will be published April.

·
Registered
154 Posts
As per the comment above 22" wheels will not be an issue in regard to road manners (off road ability will be because 22" tyres are summer only) these tyres are not low profile and offer a much larger tyre wall than exisit XE or XF fitted with 20" wheels so if your happy with XF on 20" wheels you will be more than happy with F-Pace on 22" wheels.

Surpisingly these 22" tyres aren't that expesive to replace either looks like you can get Pirelli for less than £150 each.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was there this afternoon. A really good do and plenty of time to chat to key people and play with the cars. Only slight downside was that they were all so loaded with every conceivable goodie that it was difficult to see what a basic R Sport or S actually looked like! As someone going for a 2l Diesel I was amazed how much more comfortable and supportive the seats in the R Sport were compared to the Portfolio. Really impressed with the cars and they weren't too big which had been a concern after comments from people at earlier events.
We were told categorically demonstrators in dealers by mid April. I queried my dealer promised delivery date of June/July (I put down deposit in late January) and was told this seemed about right but is dealer dependant on allocation. We were also told October was earliest for people ordering from now - interesting as I know one local dealer (not mine) has said they are sold out for year.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I was also there yesterday and took these photos. Sorry they are all of the Glacier White but that's what I'm going for :)

31% of the cars sold to date are S model, of that 12% (like me) are petrol supercharged. They were very committed that the ride on the 22" wheels will be good as the suspension has been designed around them.

InTouch Control Pro is a must for many reasons that I won't bore you with. I'm also forgetting the full size spare due to the boot hump and will simply take out tyre and wheel insurance. Also for clarity the sliding cup holder cover is NOT standard on any model. I was told by my dealer it was so have now contacted them to get it added again !!

Attachments

·
Registered
410 Posts
A couple more

Attachments

·
Registered
922 Posts
Hi all, little confused over those photos, exterior looks like an r-sport but the red outer black inner colour way is from an S, or is this not a U.K. spec car, or 2 different cars, hope the black pack I specd looks as good on ammonite grey as there is no proper photos of that combo I have seen yet wth the silver helixs ,unless one of you guys knows of one?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Ah yes well spotted jags cat, the interior is the red and black from an S which is the silver car at the previews. The white is an r sport but has the White black combo exterior I'm having on my S on order :)

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I wish I had gone now. I booked a slot but completely forgot and didn't put in diary
The 20 or 22 I've been debating but instead just upgraded nearly everything else - the sound system the latest !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts