Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the look of the illuminated loadspace scuff plates, but in the end we didn't opt for the (US) Luxury Interior Package. But lucky for us, Jaguar will happily sell us the "Luggage Compartment Finisher - Illuminated" a la carte for the low, low price of $540!

Or we could skip the illumination and get the standard "Luggage Compartment Finisher" for... $433(!) Across the pond, this is called the "Metal Loadspace Scuff Plate" and sells for only £155. Not sure why the discrepancy, but it is what it is. Maybe Jaguar are gouging us on accessories to make up for the fact that the cars cost less here to begin with.

So if like me you didn't pull the trigger on this but still like the looks of the "finished" loadspace, you could always spend $45 instead of £155 or $433 and get these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stainless-Steel-Trunk-Door-Sill-Protector-Plate-For-2016-2017-Jaguar-F-Pace-/172354902875?hash=item2821271b5b:g:mCYAAOSwmLlX6RFI&vxp=mtr

They just arrived today on the slow boat from China (waited almost a month for shipping and customs clearance). They're not illuminated, but they took 2 minutes to install and saved me $388 over the standard "finisher."

Just thought I'd share with you guys.
 

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,033 Posts
Thanks for the link, i would say it looks a lot better with the silver plates fitted then before.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
307 Posts
A quick search on the bay and found them for £30.99 with free UK postage.
They on my Christmas list now.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,953 Posts
Hi Okie, thanks for the link and info. I'm interested in fitting these too, so do the OEM plastic ones just prise out and these metal ones clip in, in their place? . . easy for someone with limited practical skills to fit? They certainly do look far better, and at a fraction of the price too . . good find . . :)

And thanks Doug, do you have the actual link to those please?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,022 Posts
I had spotted these Chinese ones whilst browsing on eBay. And I had already decided that this is an option that I will source from eBay and not £155 from Jaguar. Good to know they work well. I think they look decent and are worth £40 or so.

Arianne
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
307 Posts
Wasn't sure on the site rules for showing ads
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
Arianne said:
I had spotted these Chinese ones whilst browsing on eBay. And I had already decided that this is an option that I will source from eBay and not £155 from Jaguar. Good to know they work well. I think they look decent and are worth £40 or so.

Arianne
That's cheating! You said no more options! You didn't make it clear you meant only JLR sourced ones. :eek: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
catwoman said:
Hi Okie, thanks for the link and info. I'm interested in fitting these too, so do the OEM plastic ones just prise out and these metal ones clip in, in their place? . . easy for someone with limited practical skills to fit? They certainly do look far better, and at a fraction of the price too . . good find . . :)

And thanks Doug, do you have the actual link to those please?
The default plate is already shaped to have it sit on top - no removing anything. The metal plates come with 3M double-sided tape already applied around the edges. It's just a matter of peel-and-stick.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
688 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
^ for the bumper?! Oooo no no no.
Argh yes, just saw the install on the bumper! Thought it was a single piece scuff plate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,378 Posts
jinjin said:
JLRnumber5 said:
^ for the bumper?! Oooo no no no.
Argh yes, just saw the install on the bumper! Thought it was a single piece scuff plate.
I laughed at those photos! Even they haven't committed to sticking them to their FP, leave the new owners to see how they have ruined their FP once they have fitted it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
688 Posts
F-Pace S said:
jinjin said:
JLRnumber5 said:
^ for the bumper?! Oooo no no no.
Argh yes, just saw the install on the bumper! Thought it was a single piece scuff plate.
I laughed at those photos! Even they haven't committed to sticking them to their FP, leave the new owners to see how they have ruined their FP once they have fitted it!
Oh but they did :oops:
Grille Hood Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive design
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top