Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, may seem a stupid question but how do you know whether you actually have this set-up and working? I'm sure I have all the correct options ticked but I recently did a 160 mile journey and got no inkling of a live update, admittedly though the journey was fairly event-free. I also seem unable to get fuel prices to appear - which I thought was an option. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
688 Posts
do you see the colours on the roads on the nav screen?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I think so. If I select the view with 'traffic', I get some details of incidents on the route and an indication of the level of traffic (i.e. light, moderate etc.). But I've never been re-routed as far as I'm aware, I assume you would get asked to re-route or not. Just wondered if I was missing something give n that I also don't get the fuel prices.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I believe it silently redirects you, during my ownership it didn't ever prompt me - but it did divert me around problems (checked with friend in another car who was doing the same journey in a BMW - their system suggested the route that the Jag just took me on).

Also, I've had it where zero live updates were coming through - whilst I was sat in a huge queue of traffic :(

I popped the SIM out and put it back in, 30 seconds later all the traffic updates came through :(

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
^ ditto what SonicPace says .. have both those two scenarios happen regularly (the latter being a 3G connection issue)

It's a shame it doesn't tell you it's rerouting you like the old JLR system.

·
Registered
688 Posts
need to check if theres a setting to announce redirects.. something in the back of my mind makes me think I saw one...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes there is an option in the settings which I have ticked but still not had any announcements.

·
Registered
887 Posts
stato said:
yes there is an option in the settings which I have ticked but still not had any announcements.
Same for me, there have been times when the system has routed me off motorways to presumably avoid traffic. The first I have known about the change of route has been when it directs me to exit the motorway at a junction not part of the original route.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Im sure it asked me very early on a couple of times but I've not seen one since. Maybe that's the new update broken it or a combination of the crappy 3G bobbins and god knows what else

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Mine offers me alternative routes that I can decline if I want to

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
F-Pace S said:
Mine offers me alternative routes that I can decline if I want to
Thanks, I get the option for alternative routes at the beginning of the journey but not the option to accept/decline re-routes during the journey - are you saying you do?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi Stato

You are not alone here, I feel exactly the same. I get route choices at the start of a journey - I can add waypoints etc and yes I see the colours on the roads but I am yet to get any re-routing announcements / options during a trip.

My other cars sat nav all give rerouting options either do you want us to do this yes /no or do you want old or new route.

Now since the 2.5 upgrade system is more stable and I've added a huawei 4G roadfi in the car to improve connectivity I haven't done many long trips to test it properly but before these upgrades it just routed me straight into traffic queues eg......

Gadget Automotive design Gps navigation device Motor vehicle Auto part

when the reality was

Wheel Car Tire Sky Cloud

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Blackjagmike
Any further news on this issue? I have the same problem, seems more apparent on longer journeys, the traffic updates just stop, the 3G is connected as i can browse internet when stationary, only way i found to force traffic update is the cancel guidance and then re apply same route.. No issues on local or short journeys?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have had the system ask for re-route on the one long journey I have done so far with it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Anyone point me to where the option is to tick for live re-routes, so that its audible as you get with Audi. I know it works as it took me off the motorway a few days ago and I followed the route and found out later that the motorway was gridlocked for hours so it saved me a chunk of time. It would be nice to hear or see why its suggesting the new route....cheers

·
Registered
887 Posts
I have sometimes been re-routed with out any notification apart from an unexpected instructions to deviate from the original route, and have also been directed to join the back of queues with no indication of traffic issues on the satnav.

I think I have the reroute notification setting turned on, but would also welcome confirmation that I have the correct setting selected.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.