Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering when the name of this forum is changing to "We hate our Jaguars" as there seems to be a lot of hating going on here. Personally I can't wait to pick up my new baby and I will enjoy every inch of it every day, despite any little foibles, so I thought it might be time to balance the scales a bit and everybody should list all the things they love about their cars.

I understand that for some this may be an alien concept but let's focus on the positive for a bit here ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
I agree counting down the the days til I pick my new toy up in april
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,953 Posts
So, not wishing to repeat myself . . here are some thoughts I already had . . all points still apply after four months of outrageous fun! :cool:

http://www.fpaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1133#p12117
http://www.fpaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1133&p=12941#p12941
http://www.fpaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1359&p=15375#p15375

and I even took the long way home this afternoon, driving an extra 36 miles in dynamic mode, just so I could drive it for longer :p

never done that in any previous car I've had before . . . that's how great this car is . . :lol: :lol: :lol: . . all the way!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
Nicely put Kojak - there's been a growing 'Victor Meldrew' flavour of late.... I look forward to every moment I step into mine - 3 months on and I still feel as excited by it as the day I picked it up! Looks, feel, fun - it's the whole package!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
688 Posts
I love how its still the only one in the station car park of around 100 cars and I get to see all the heard turning and point as people walk past it :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,045 Posts
Maybe the forums need re organising, many of the main FPace chat items belong in faults and problems. This split seems to generate duplicate but almost identical threads.

This main chat area should not be a grumbling section. Then again how any posts of I love my FPace can we write?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
419 Posts
Kojak said:
Just wondering when the name of this forum is changing to "We hate our Jaguars" as there seems to be a lot of hating going on here. Personally I can't wait to pick up my new baby and I will enjoy every inch of it every day, despite any little foibles, so I thought it might be time to balance the scales a bit and everybody should list all the things they love about their cars.

I understand that for some this may be an alien concept but let's focus on the positive for a bit here ;)
A Topic of this nature would be infinitely more credible if it was 'Chaired' by someone who actually owned the Topic Subject (i.e. an F Pace). I do sincerely hope that when you are in possession of yours that we never ever have to witness from you a criticism of it based on a presumption that all previous complainants were simply whingers who really ought to have stopped all this monotonous, repetitive grumbling about what they consider to be less than engineering value for money.

Anyway up, I'll be watching how yours comes along, just for fun mind you, to see how the future of every inch of your new baby develops. Enjoy thrashing it around those great, big, wide, unlimited German autobahns, though heaven knows how you find the time based on my 18 years worth of BFG where we were far too busy to trundle about in posh motor cars even though we could get them Duty Free. I suppose on that basis alone it won't hurt too much if it don't live up to expectation. :D :D :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
Hi Kojak.
I remember that anticipation when mine was close. I've done 1200 miles in 3 weeks. Can't get enough of the driving pleasure it gives me. You'll love the 3ltr D. It is a superb match for the car.
As others have said it is a really special car which I thoroughly enjoy.
No complaints.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,035 Posts
It's what a forum is all about, your love it or you hate it you have issues or you do not.

It's a car some enjoy and some do not but we must not judge anyone for their views good, bad or indifferent as this is what a forum is for.

To share your experience, to assist where others can not, to meet and be merry, to share your pictures and moments.

Enjoy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
Yorkie you really are a miserable old git but you make me laugh. I think we'd get on rather well.

Your point is an excellent one. I certainly had no compaints at all prior to delivery!

Well other than having to listen to Carl rambling on. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
419 Posts
JLRnumber5 said:
Yorkie you really are a miserable old git but you make me laugh. I think we'd get on rather well.

Your point is an excellent one. I certainly had no compaints at all prior to delivery!

Well other than having to listen to Carl rambling on. :lol:
I know, I come over really badly, born a cynic and got infinitely worse as time went on but usually it's more mischief than malice. Generally the more people get to know me the less it hurts and they become entirely accustomed to it in the same manner they would with a squeaking rear suspension or something else that they really shouldn't complain about. S'pose it's a shame there is no filter button, that would shut me up.

Your final comment will have Carl spitting his G&T all over the living room carpet. :lol:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
5,035 Posts
YORKIE said:
JLRnumber5 said:
Yorkie you really are a miserable old git but you make me laugh. I think we'd get on rather well.

Your point is an excellent one. I certainly had no compaints at all prior to delivery!

Well other than having to listen to Carl rambling on. :lol:
I know, I come over really badly, born a cynic and got infinitely worse as time went on but usually it's more mischief than malice. Generally the more people get to know me the less it hurts and they become entirely accustomed to it in the same manner they would with a squeaking rear suspension or something else that they really shouldn't complain about. S'pose it's a shame there is no filter button, that would shut me up.
I have a filter button :eek: :oops: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
419 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
YORKIE said:
JLRnumber5 said:
Yorkie you really are a miserable old git but you make me laugh. I think we'd get on rather well.

Your point is an excellent one. I certainly had no compaints at all prior to delivery!

Well other than having to listen to Carl rambling on. :lol:
I know, I come over really badly, born a cynic and got infinitely worse as time went on but usually it's more mischief than malice. Generally the more people get to know me the less it hurts and they become entirely accustomed to it in the same manner they would with a squeaking rear suspension or something else that they really shouldn't complain about. S'pose it's a shame there is no filter button, that would shut me up.
I have a filter button :eek: :oops: :lol:
Oooopppps, sorry boss, only joking, it's me age you know. :oops: :oops: :oops: Did you see what that JLR chappy called me, think you should have word with him first. :D :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
473 Posts
4 months in, 4400 miles, got over my week two incontinence (leaking water, petrol vapour and leaking front diff) and all is mostly great, ITCP issues, yes I have some and no 2.5 hasn't fixed them it would appear...

But I don't think I could find anything else with level of handling and chassis control that out drags a Golf GTI or sleepy Boxster drivers (that said they would leave me for dead in the twisty bits) that can carry five people in comfort and puts a smile on my face every time I listen to the exhaust note, and the snap crackle and pop in dynamic and sport selected on the auto......playing with paddles whilst enjoying the Welsh border A roads is epic fun...

Hope they fix the electrics soon but believe they have option other than to do this else JLR is finished.... and still less electric gremlins than my mates Merc.....

So on balance did I make the right decision for what I wanted a fast handling SUV to replace an Audi Quattro and having driven RR's for years before....... yes it feels like the best of both worlds.....

The petrol choice was very self indulgent and not necessary but boy is it fun and it would appear has better residuals than the 3ltr D, but it will still never make up for the difference in MPG, that said I get better mpg than my old 53 plate RR 3D or my wife's old Disco 3 3D so on balance for the grin factor for me it's worth it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,022 Posts
YORKIE said:
JLRnumber5 said:
Yorkie you really are a miserable old git but you make me laugh. I think we'd get on rather well.

Your point is an excellent one. I certainly had no compaints at all prior to delivery!

Well other than having to listen to Carl rambling on. :lol:
I know, I come over really badly, born a cynic and got infinitely worse as time went on but usually it's more mischief than malice. Generally the more people get to know me the less it hurts and they become entirely accustomed to it in the same manner they would with a squeaking rear suspension or something else that they really shouldn't complain about. S'pose it's a shame there is no filter button, that would shut me up.

Your final comment will have Carl spitting his G&T all over the living room carpet. :lol:
Yorkie,

Your post got me thinking. This forum is still relatively young. We haven't all come to appreciate the different characteristics for the different contributors. I wonder if this causes a greater propensity to misunderstand the intent and motives of some posts?

On my Volvo forum I have known folk (well not them personally but their pseudonyms) for up to ten years. Some are a bit prickly but have a dry sense of humour, some are pedantic but a great source of intricate knowledge, some are just funny and very few are just a nuisance. But, for the most part, you get to know the key players and engage in some banter about cars, driving holidays and lots of associated stuff.

I wonder whether the fact that we are all quite new makes a difference? On the Volvo forum folk drift in and out over time but there is always a bunch who have been around for a while to keep the spirit right? And, of course, some have owned their cars for a while and the snagging problems have been resolved, others are just taking delivery but take assurance from the first group while some have older models in the range and so niggles are par for the course (something for the weekend sir?). Almost everyone here has only just taken delivery or is excited about the prospect of taking delivery in the next few months (or year if you are a sad guy like me).

Just a thought. If I am right then it will settle down over time by finding its own tone and core bunch of contributors. Surely Jag owners can't all be from a demographic which share 'moaners DNA'?

Best wishes,

Arianne
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,378 Posts
^^ I agree it is the same on the Lotus forum, some prickly, some odd, however I have made some fantastic friends in person, we travel through Europe together every year, and all share a passion for Lotus, good and bad.

So, I have completed nearly 2k miles in mine prior to JLR not being able to fix a front end grumble, to which they are replacing my car like for like. I have had the demo for nearly 3 weeks and 1300 miles, and I can HONESTLY tell "I LOVE THESE CARS"

Every time I take it out, I simply love it. I am sooo looking forward to my new one coming in Jan/Feb 17, no uncertainty from me, it is the car for me.

I have ITCP, and this is the best option you can buy, mine was trouble free from day 1.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
YORKIE said:
A Topic of this nature would be infinitely more credible if it was 'Chaired' by someone who actually owned the Topic Subject (i.e. an F Pace). I do sincerely hope that when you are in possession of yours that we never ever have to witness from you a criticism of it based on a presumption that all previous complainants were simply whingers who really ought to have stopped all this monotonous, repetitive grumbling about what they consider to be less than engineering value for money.

Anyway up, I'll be watching how yours comes along, just for fun mind you, to see how the future of every inch of your new baby develops. Enjoy thrashing it around those great, big, wide, unlimited German autobahns, though heaven knows how you find the time based on my 18 years worth of BFG where we were far too busy to trundle about in posh motor cars even though we could get them Duty Free. I suppose on that basis alone it won't hurt too much if it don't live up to expectation. :D :D :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
No, I don't have my F Pace yet, however, I have owned many cars in the past (13 years in BFG means many upgrades) all of which I have adored. They have all had there issues, my M2 had crazy little niggles but at no point did I regret buying it. Even the DS is a fun car in the right setting (i.e. Not on the road).

As for having the time to trundle about in posh cars, if you can't MAKE time to enjoy something that you have spent that much money on then why don't you just go and buy yourself a £200 Fiat Punto and use that because you clearly don't enjoy driving enough to warrant having a prestige car.

By the way, this was supposed to be a happy place. Like my old Mum used to say, if you can't say something nice then wind your neck in and shut up.
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top