Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks,

It's a dogs life owning an F-Pace. I mean, you are surrounded by all of that aluminium, possess a perfectly balanced 50:50 weight distributed car, have a wonderful engine at your disposal and experience creature comforts that others can only dream of....

And while Audi are making car commercials of their vehicles meandering around the shelves of a department store to the tune of 'Are you being served' in the background (I mean, really :roll: ), Jaguar knock out this kind of material to remind you that you're British and there's a certain decorum to being a Jaguar driver - even if it is an SUV.

So, remember this lesson when you go to craft your next post on this forum. For the sake of all the Brits out there and those who work in the design office in the West Midlands.

Not new, but not seen it on this forum either. So enjoy them and remember to 'live' them, otherwise you shouldn't be driving your Jaguar... :|

Best wishes,

Arianne

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Love the statement, eye for detail.

Can not be talking about the same Jaguar surely lol

Must have missed that part on the production line.

·
Registered
458 Posts
With the greatest respect, I am struggling to embrace the great to be / buy British bit at the moment.
My car is back in the dealers (again) about 2 months in for the suspension and the ictp while I am away on holiday for 2 weeks.
From the remote app I can see that it has been left in the customer car park and not in their secure compound, although been for a couple of short spins, so will be checking for door dings etc.
If they have not sorted the issues or give me a plan then the shit storm will begin along with the rejection process.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Pos.k said:
With the greatest respect, I am struggling to embrace the great to be / buy British bit at the moment.
My car is back in the dealers (again) about 2 months in for the suspension and the ictp while I am away on holiday for 2 weeks.
From the remote app I can see that it has been left in the customer car park and not in their secure compound, although been for a couple of short spins, so will be checking for door dings etc.
If they have not sorted the issues or give me a plan then the shit storm will begin along with the rejection process.
Rember rule number 48 no need to shout at them lol

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Hey Pos.k . . not sure how sensitive you think the app is, but I've noticed that it doesn't register short duration movements, say those within a dealer's compound, if the engine isn't turned on for long, or if the car doesn't move very far. Don't know why that is the case, but might explain why it doesn't appear that anything is happening. Just a thought...

Hope, for everyone's sake, it turns out they've fixed the suspension and ictp issues by the time you get back . . chill and enjoy your holiday. :cool:

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jagfpacejk said:
Pos.k said:
Remember rule number 48, no need to shout at them lol
:D :lol: :D

In all honesty, this thread wasn't created to minimise or decry the very real issues that some folk are facing with their new cars. Folk have paid good money and they have a right to have their cars resolved properly.

But there are lots & lots of threads on the problems & issues that have occurred and I just thought it would be nice to have a little light relief on this one thread - just one?

Arianne

·
Registered
458 Posts
Holiday is not turning out as expected but hey ho!
The compound is a 'fair' distance away
And given it has been in and out of there more than... We'll I'll leave that for you to finish off, it does show as a separate location on the app.
Just pissed off now.
Very much glass half empty at the moment.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Pos.k said:
Holiday is not turning out as expected but hey ho!
The compound is a 'fair' distance away
And given it has been in and out of there more than... We'll I'll leave that for you to finish off, it does show as a separate location on the app.
Just pissed off now.
Very much glass half empty at the moment.
Could they be taking to places to get it looked at for your issues?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Pos.k said:
Can the vehicle be rejected 2 mths in...

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
smash said:
Pos.k said:
Can the vehicle be rejected 2 mths in...
Sure I read on another thread it can be upto 6 months.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Arianne said:
So enjoy them and remember to 'live' them,
We picked up our petrol S on Friday and today I had a meeting in Croydon so went via Wiltshire. 280 miles later (live in SE London...) enjoyment was pretty high on the agenda and I am blown away by the overall package and the quality of the ride but that engine is out of the world :shock:

I feel for those who are suffering (and praying I don't join the list) but I have driven the same route across Salisbury plain in 3 TVRs, a GT3, an M5 and an MGB :mrgreen: and I laughed as much today as I did with any of the others. I then returned home in time to do the school pickup and have just put 2 filing cabinets in the back to take to the dump tomorrow.

This car in immense, now trying to work out if I can do the dump via Wales :idea:

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
btom said:
Arianne said:
So enjoy them and remember to 'live' them,
We picked up our petrol S on Friday and today I had a meeting in Croydon so went via Wiltshire. 280 miles later (live in SE London...) enjoyment was pretty high on the agenda and I am blown away by the overall package and the quality of the ride but that engine is out of the world :shock:

I feel for those who are suffering (and praying I don't join the list) but I have driven the same route across Salisbury plain in 3 TVRs, a GT3, an M5 and an MGB :mrgreen: and I laughed as much today as I did with any of the others. I then returned home in time to do the school pickup and have just put 2 filing cabinets in the back to take to the dump tomorrow.

This car in immense, now trying to work out if I can do the dump via Wales :idea:
The petrol really does put a smile and makes every journey an event you want to hear not just feel. Today I had a problem that I'm sure is the suspension setup,where a load in the back caused car to wobble or "wag" the rest of the car even at 10mph but later I took a tight roundabout at a silly speed trying to work out what was wrong and of course couldn't diagnose.
It's off to the dealers as it didn't feel safe and I've had that at speed on fast roads as well though never corners. Bloody corners well.
The engine sound I love also.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I went with 20"s as I'm very ride sensitive and the car feels great and very compliant. I've read about the suspension issues and I was very mindful of them - one of the reasons I chose the route I did was to see how it coped. The only strangeness is that when you move laterally over raised lane markings theres a very (very) slight wobble. Stupidly I only checked the tyre pressures this evening and they were all at 32 rather than 34, will change them and see how it feels.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
btom said:
I went with 20"s as I'm very ride sensitive and the car feels great and very compliant. I've read about the suspension issues and I was very mindful of them - one of the reasons I chose the route I did was to see how it coped. The only strangeness is that when you move laterally over raised lane markings theres a very (very) slight wobble. Stupidly I only checked the tyre pressures this evening and they were all at 32 rather than 34, will change them and see how it feels.
Was the wobble in the steering wheel?

Have you got lane departure warning on the car, if you have the wobble maybe due to the car thinking your going over lane markings?

Just a thought.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
btom said:
Check the tyre pressures at your local garage. My TPM says 32 but I've checked at two different forecourts and it's actually 34.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Loved them thanks Arianne

1 - 20 of 28 Posts