Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone.
Proud owner of 1st Edition.
Has anyone had any problems with the Adaptive LED headlights where the beam does not bend in the direction of the corner when turning the steering wheel.
The additional LED's come on but the headlight beam does not move!!!!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
My adaptive LED Headlights have been fine, but perhaps I imagined they would bend more than they actually do. I had more problems with the auto high beam which did not go on and off when I anticipated it should have done. Simple fix, go into menu and turn auto high beam off and just use stalk as normal to dip.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
^ that's not good news ... anyone else have any comments on the adaptive lights? I had them on the Evoque and they were OK, not amazing. Was hoping that 5 years later the technology had improved.

·
Registered
138 Posts
my LEDS turn no problems at all, and even though the auto high beam works, I have it switched off as I prefer to keep some control myself!

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
DaveI said:
Hi Everyone.
Has anyone had any problems with the Adaptive LED headlights where the beam does not bend in the direction of the corner when turning the steering wheel.
I have the first edition and the main beam does not move, when you turn a corner it turns on additional lighting for the corner, the main beam does not move I have found.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Mine move just great and always have done, probably better than on my previous 2 non JLR cars. If they are not moving and it's very obvious if they do, especially on country roads, then it's a fault.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ruski said:
Mine move just great and always have done, probably better than on my previous 2 non JLR cars. If they are not moving and it's very obvious if they do, especially on country roads, then it's a fault.
Thank you for that. As per yourself my previous car {BMW} the lights did bend. On collection of my 1st Edition in April I was so impressed that they were even better than my previous car. Problem is local dealer struggling to fix. Been back in 4 times already.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I originally didn't spec LEDs as I prefered the look of the standard twin lights...

However added them at the last minute when i realised you needed them to have High Beam assist...

Very glad I did, vast improvement on the Range Rover adaptive lights.... beam assist is blisteringly fast and the follow me round the corner bit is excellent. The light is a very pure white, and miles better than the standard zenons....

If you can stretch to them, you won't be disappointed....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
corriescar66 said:
I originally didn't spec LEDs as I prefered the look of the standard twin lights...

However added them at the last minute when i realised you needed them to have High Beam assist...

Very glad I did, vast improvement on the Range Rover adaptive lights.... beam assist is blisteringly fast and the follow me round the corner bit is excellent. The light is a very pure white, and miles better than the standard zenons....

If you can stretch to them, you won't be disappointed....
Thanks for your feedback. Starting to wonder when Repairer at one stage told me the Adaptive LED lights don't adapt??? knowing when I first got the car the were great.

·
Super Moderator
5,033 Posts
Ruski said:
Can I ask your 100 percent the main beam moves and its not just an extra light coming on? Mine looks like just an extra light coming on.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
Ruski said:
Can I ask your 100 percent the main beam moves and its not just an extra light coming on? Mine looks like just an extra light coming on.
There are additional lights that point sideways when you turn over half lock, but yes, the main beam tracks as well...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
Ruski said:
100%

·
Registered
142 Posts
Jagfpacejk said:
OK i will go out and get someone to turn the steering wheel while i look, thanks.
Not sure if it will work when the car is stationary, I notice on start up in the dark, if you can see the reflection or good image of the lights on a wall they move slightly to set themselves up.
The best way to see if they are working is on unlit bendy country roads, it's really obvious then, if you pay attention. They really do sway side to side.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I would be surprised if they swivel when the car is stationary, my ones on my Volvo don't. They only work when you are driving along.

As said by previous poster, drive on a country lane in the dark and you will see them swivel as you begin the turn the wheels for the next 90deg bend.

Best wishes, Arianne

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Jagfpacejk said:
DaveI said:
Hi Everyone.
I have the first edition and the main beam does not move, when you turn a corner it turns on additional lighting for the corner, the main beam does not move I have found.
I have the first edition and the main beam does not move, when you turn a corner it turns on additional lighting for the corner, the main beam does not move I have found.[/quote]
Just had the software updated on my 1st Edition and the headlights now bend in the direction of the steering in addition to the extra LED lights coming on as they did when I first got the car back in April.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts