Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
checking others experiences.

The quality of light from the LED headlights is great, very clear white good definition, the active feature when turning is very helpful (back to my old RR from 2005)

i wanted to check others thoughts on auto high beam, its mostly pretty good, turning off when oncoming traffic is approaching, going into built up areas with street lights etc, so the turn off feature is very good, turning back on is a little more hesitant, on a straight road normally just a few seconds after the oncoming vehicle has passed. On twisting roads or where it gets reflection from road signs or bend warning chevrons it delays longer... is this standard?

i think i would use it in semi urban fast wide A roads but not sure it responds fast enough on tighter cross country derestricted fast a & b roads. I found myself last night having to manually override at allegedly 80ish on fast dark remote roads...

anyone else have a view?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
I have noticed the same ;

Instant response to dip with vehicles approaching and a second or two delay before reverting back to high beam.

Cant say I have noticed any issues with reflection from any signs delaying or affecting it as yet.

I agree great white light, and the side lighting when turning is a great little feature too.

Well worth the upgrade in my opinion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mick1963 said:
I have noticed the same ;

Instant response to dip with vehicles approaching and a second or two delay before reverting back to high beam.

Cant say I have noticed any issues with reflection from any signs delaying or affecting it as yet.

I agree great white light, and the side lighting when turning is a great little feature too.

Well worth the upgrade in my opinion.
Agreed on it being a worthwhile upgrade i was always underwhelmed by my Audi's lights, these are very good on brightness and field of view
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,228 Posts
The Gman said:
checking others experiences.

The quality of light from the LED headlights is great, very clear white good definition, the active feature when turning is very helpful (back to my old RR from 2005)

i wanted to check others thoughts on auto high beam, its mostly pretty good, turning off when oncoming traffic is approaching, going into built up areas with street lights etc, so the turn off feature is very good, turning back on is a little more hesitant, on a straight road normally just a few seconds after the oncoming vehicle has passed. On twisting roads or where it gets reflection from road signs or bend warning chevrons it delays longer... is this standard?

i think i would use it in semi urban fast wide A roads but not sure it responds fast enough on tighter cross country derestricted fast a & b roads. I found myself last night having to manually override at allegedly 80ish on fast dark remote roads...

anyone else have a view?
Precisely my experience on my RRE and hence I turned off high beam assist after the first few months. Just never quite there at the moment you needed them!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
The Gman said:
checking others experiences.

The quality of light from the LED headlights is great, very clear white good definition, the active feature when turning is very helpful (back to my old RR from 2005)

i wanted to check others thoughts on auto high beam, its mostly pretty good, turning off when oncoming traffic is approaching, going into built up areas with street lights etc, so the turn off feature is very good, turning back on is a little more hesitant, on a straight road normally just a few seconds after the oncoming vehicle has passed. On twisting roads or where it gets reflection from road signs or bend warning chevrons it delays longer... is this standard?

i think i would use it in semi urban fast wide A roads but not sure it responds fast enough on tighter cross country derestricted fast a & b roads. I found myself last night having to manually override at allegedly 80ish on fast dark remote roads...

anyone else have a view?
Precisely my experience on my RRE and hence I turned off high beam assist after the first few months. Just never quite there at the moment you needed them!
ok this is just the way they work....... I have travelled in a friends 16 plate c-class the active lights in that were a lot more functional, on high beam if you came up behind another car it cut the beam around the car in front so as not to dazzle the driver ahead, it looked like a U beam of light, it would highlight pedestrians walking at the side of the road and generally responded faster so I suspect they have bought a more advanced capability from someone like Bosch than the unit JLR have sourced.

very happy with the brightness will leave high beam assist off on the twisty bits :cool:
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top