Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Get a high quality leather protection treatment on it (gtechniq etc)

·
Registered
948 Posts
SonicPace said:
Already the light leather is getting stained from Denim, can anyone recommend a good cleaner?

Thanks
Denim is a NO NO with light leather as it will continue to stain the leather, as for a cleaner I got Auto Glym leather clean and protect kit which worked a treat.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Slim_sane said:
catalyst said:
SonicPace said:
Already the light leather is getting stained from Denim, can anyone recommend a good cleaner?

Thanks
Apparently DODO JUICE is the thing. I've never used it. You can buy it on Amazon
+1
+1 Brilliant stuff and easy to use. Gets denim off my Audi's very light leather.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
pacmeoff said:
I remember when Jaguar and Land Rover supplied leather cleaner with the car, those where the days
Cheaper alternatives work just as well.
My XF came with such stuff, located in the boot in a non secure bottle... good job the car also had a boot liner, messy stuff! :roll:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Paoadoc said:
A damp cloth that's been soaked in water with a little washing up liquid in it

That's from a detailer
I wouldn't recommend that approach, what kind of detailer was this!! :shock:

·
Registered
948 Posts
SonicPace said:
I'm too young to give up the denim just yet :lol:
Or too old as most old folk my way seem to wear them too. :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Slim_sane said:
Paoadoc said:
A damp cloth that's been soaked in water with a little washing up liquid in it

That's from a detailer
I wouldn't recommend that approach, what kind of detailer was this!! :shock:
A very good one actually , you don't recommend it but it works better than virtually anything . All you have to do is feed the leather occasionally with something like renapur .

·
Registered
260 Posts
Water with a small amount of washing up liquid has always been a staple for washing off leather bridles and saddles on most yards. Then saddle soap and/or an appropriate leather treatment. So if a reputable detailer recommends it I'd be willing to give it a go on car leather too.

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you can find LEXOL brand leather care products, they make both a leather cleaner trigger spray, and leather conditioner, same spray. If you get really desperate, there is always Meguiar's products. Where I come from (the colonies), "Washing up liquid" is usually reserved for cleaning dishes.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You carry on believing the marketing , obviously there are no vested interests in car products company claims . I'll carry on using water and a spot of fairy then renapur occasionally . Proof is in the pudding

·
Registered
195 Posts
Correct care of leather upholstery can actually be a warranty issue. To quote from the Range Rover leaflet issued with my Evoque (so I suspect Jaguar's advice is the same):

"Leather is a natural product therefore it bears natural characteristics such as grain variations, growth and bush marks. These non-weakening marks show the true nature of the hide and are the hallmarks of leather.

"In order to maintain the beauty of your natural leather upholstery, it requires regular cleaning which, if neglected, may cause deterioration. Where dust and dirt are allowed to accumulate and become ingrained in the surface of the leather, the upholstery may become permanently damaged. As leather is a natural material it is essential to maintain your upholstery using only natural products.
1. Every one or two months, depending on the usage of the vehicle, all leather surfaces should be cleaned.
2. Use a soft white absorbent cloth soaked in clean warm water. Wring out cloth and rub lightly over the leather.
3. Change the surface of the cloth frequently.
4. Dry off any remaining moisture.
5. For more stubborn dirt we recommend our leather cleaner, which can be bought from your dealer.
6. Be aware that certain clothing, such as denim and vegetable tanned leather, may stain leather upholstery.

NOTE: the use of any other chemical or abrasive materials for cleaning leather must be avoided. Detergents, washing up liquid, household cleaners, furniture polish and solvents, such as petrol, gasoline, white spirit or alcohol, should not be used on leather. Whilst these products may give an initially impressive appearance, their use will lead to rapid deterioration of the leather and invalidate the warranty."

1 - 20 of 22 Posts