Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got this on the F-Pace?

I have it on an Audi and find it quite good on the motorway, you can actually take your hands off the steering wheel and with the adaptive cruise can almost drive itself. That said it only works for 8 seconds then gives you a warning.

I just wondered how the Jag one worked, does it pretty much steer for you on straightish motorways?

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Aldo said:
Has anyone got this on the F-Pace?

I have it on an Audi and find it quite good on the motorway, you can actually take your hands off the steering wheel and with the adaptive cruise can almost drive itself. That said it only works for 8 seconds then gives you a warning.

I just wondered how the Jag one worked, does it pretty much steer for you on straightish motorways?
Nope ... you bounce about from white line to white line .. it is not supposed to steer for you, it's supposed to stop you straying into the next lane .. if you want a car that drives itself buy a Tesla! ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've got it on mine, it does not steer the car merely giving you a nudge in the right direction, if you go through roadworks where they have laid temporary lines that really confusese it. That said I still find it useful on long motorway drives coupled with the adaptive cruise control - you can't let the car drive itself but these toys let you relax a little bit more.

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
Sorry, but am I missing something really obvious here, please tell me why on earth anyone would not want to keep their hands on the steering wheel going down a motorway??? :lol:

The whole point of these cars is they are an absolute delight to drive, which involves doing stuff (that's the concept of driving!) If you want to just sit there doing nothing, then move over to the front passenger seat (or even get in the back!!) and let someone else do the driving for you . . (they are called chauffeurs BTW) . . . but for goodness sake don't expect the car to do it all for you, that's just called being lazy! . . ;) :roll:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Call me old fashioned but if anyone actually needs lane keep assist then they shouldn't really be driving the car. I am all in favour of safety features but this is simply an unnecessary complication.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.