Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So to lock the vehicle using keyless locking I have to press/tap the handle once to lock then again to double lock/arm the alarm. Is it possible to have the double locking/alarm arming happen with just one tap?

·
Registered
381 Posts
simonp820 said:
So to lock the vehicle using keyless locking I have to press/tap the handle once to lock then again to double lock/arm the alarm. Is it possible to have the double locking/alarm arming happen with just one tap?
Really? That means I just spent 4 years not setting the alarm on my Evoque!

I thought double tapping the handle or double pressing the key fob button actually de-activated the internal alarm sensors but locked the doors in-case you had a pet inside (left with the window open obviously!)

·
Registered
381 Posts
Ohhhh......!

Evoque manual....

There are two levels of security:
Single locking. With all doors and tailgate
closed, press the lock button on the Smart Key once, to Single lock the vehicle and activate the perimeter alarm. The alarm LED in the instrument panel will start to flash and the hazard warning lamps will flash once to confirm locking. Power fold mirrors will fold in (if enabled).
Double locking. A second press within three seconds will Double lock the vehicle and activate the full alarm system. The hazard warning lamps will flash a second time to confirm the enhanced Double lock state. An audible confirmation may also be given. The audible warning can be set/disabled via Audible Lock Warning in the Vehicle Settings menu.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PaulC said:
simonp820 said:
Really? That means I just spent 4 years not setting the alarm on my Evoque!

I thought double tapping the handle or double pressing the key fob button actually de-activated the internal alarm sensors but locked the doors in-case you had a pet inside (left with the window open obviously!)
Oops!

Looking through the menus it appears it's possible to disable two-stage unlocking but not two-stage locking :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts