Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ryan,

Another curve ball question from me :D

Many manufacturers suffered bad press over the last couple of years due to thieves using a basic electronic device to capture codes and steal cars that have keyless entry (like the F PACE).

I've not seen much on this recently so hoping the industry (and Jaguar) have made advances to mitigate this problem so all us new F PACE owners can sleep soundly at night?

It will also dictate which third party tracker I have fitted (i.e just a CAT 5 or CAT 5 with the Automatic Driver Recognition (ADR) which is more expensive and means I carry a small card everywhere

Thanks as always
DAL

·
Registered
458 Posts
Whilst we're on the subject..
I have asked a number of people both at Jaguar and Land Rover dealerships and still not had a definitive answer:
Is it possible to disable the Keyless Entry - I accept its not going to be user configurable, but during the PDI / setup by a techie when it's hooked up?
I like the keyless go, but am not a fan of the keyless entry.

sorry, don't mean to hijack the thread.

·
Registered
208 Posts
You know if you disable keyless entry you have to take a part of the handle off each time you unlock they car to access they keyhole, then take your key apart to get to the physical key, use it, then reassemble it all. I've had to do this once when my battery died and it was a painful 5min process. I can't imagine anyway wanting to do this regularly, let alone every time they want to enter their car just because of a lack of understanding/confidence in how RFID technology works. I think some research into the tech will help boost your confidence and save you a LOT of painful time fiddling with the emergency key.

·
Registered
458 Posts
YVR_Pacer said:
You know if you disable keyless entry you have to take a part of the handle off each time you unlock they car to access they keyhole, then take your key apart to get to the physical key, use it, then reassemble it all. I've had to do this once when my battery died and it was a painful 5min process. I can't imagine anyway wanting to do this regularly, let alone every time they want to enter their car just because of a lack of understanding/confidence in how RFID technology works. I think some research into the tech will help boost your confidence and save you a LOT of painful time fiddling with the emergency key.
what?
I am not talking about disabling the remote locking - just that you need to press the button to unlock - as we have on the F-type.
It is less convenient, but far more secure. the very nature of RFID (and yes I do understand the technology) and the use of active / passive units introduces a security risk. I know this can be minimised with technology, but the scrotes will not be far behind, particularly with so much at stake.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi all

Thank you for your posts.

I note the comments made regarding vehicle security and can advise that the current Jaguar line-up continues to meet the insurance industry requirements as tested and agreed with the relevant insurance bodies. Nevertheless, we take this issue very seriously and our engineering teams have been working in collaboration with insurance bodies and police forces to fully understand the attack risks that may be faced. It is however important to remember that vehicle theft and security is an industry-wide issue and not specific to Jaguar vehicles only.

Regarding Keyless Entry, I can advise that there is no option to disable this feature on the Jaguar F-PACE.

Regards

Ryan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts