Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Just looking on Topix and have for the 1st time seen an outstanding campaign for my car - K421 - Rear Spring Creak.
Looks like this was only raised recently.
Strange thing is that my car went in and had both rear suspension fixes - cones and the crossmember - several weeks ago.
Anybody with access know what this is?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Pos.k said:
Hi,
Just looking on Topix and have for the 1st time seen an outstanding campaign for my car - K421 - Rear Spring Creak.
Looks like this was only raised recently.
Strange thing is that my car went in and had both rear suspension fixes - cones and the crossmember - several weeks ago.
Anybody with access know what this is?
Thanks
If yours has been done then perhaps the dealer has not registered the fix against your car.

The K421 is the rear suspension creak fix.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, but they would have had to apply for the warranty costs to be accepted by Jaguar?
Could be an administrative thing but curious as to why it has only now appeared.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Pos.k said:
Yes, but they would have had to apply for the warranty costs to be accepted by Jaguar?
Could be an administrative thing but curious as to why it has only now appeared.
Agree, could be a system error after all the ITCP issues we have why would there system be 100%, give your dealer a call and see if they can find out for you.

·
Registered
441 Posts
There is a new modification advised I believe during October even though your vehicle was built as mine was in late June and had the factory revised kit on the coil spring housing. I only learned this today as Jaguar will not investigate further the drive line vibration and harshness on mine until the latest spring fix is done. I have never had the spring creak saga and I am convinced that my problem has nothing to do with the rear suspension set up but the new kit is being fitted next week and then investigations will continue.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Hydrajaws said:
There is a new modification advised I believe during October even though your vehicle was built as mine was in late June and had the factory revised kit on the coil spring housing. I only learned this today as Jaguar will not investigate further the drive line vibration and harshness on mine until the latest spring fix is done. I have never had the spring creak saga and I am convinced that my problem has nothing to do with the rear suspension set up but the new kit is being fitted next week and then investigations will continue.
So if its new what are they doing differently and if your dealer says its new does that mean all of us that have had the old fix need to now have the new fix?

It used the same code as i had when mine was fixed first time?

G

·
My F-Pace is going again at the dealer as I still have error messages from the dynamic suspension.
I will ask what the K421 is.

G

·
It's a visual controls that determines if the suspensions have a default.
My F-Pace was affected (and my "terrain response is faulty which explains why I keep having the "dynamic suspension default" message) so it will go to the dealer for the 7th time in 6 months to the dealer on the 7th of November.

·
Registered
168 Posts
That K421 was flagged due to my complaint on my car at Lancasters! My car has a rear suspension creak and Lancasters logged it against my car. So not sure if its a new problem but the service guy said they new about it and Jaguar had issues a technical bulletin. My car has not got the dynamic suspension so maybe this is a new creak on standard suspension??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts