Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
2022 Jaguar F-Pace R-Dynamic Black D200 (due for delivery June 2022)
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! New to the forum and excited to take delivery of my R-Dynamic Black D200 in June 22. Currently i've got a Mercedes E220D Coupe and it has a lot of toys as standard but the wife says I need to grow up and get a 4 door car!

I was originally going to order an SE model and was going to add the black pack and the privacy glass. Wasn't too fussed about there being no sunrooof as standard. When I contacted the dealer, he said that they had a super great deal on the R-Dynamic Black and that it was the next model up and it had the black pack, sunroof and privacy glass as standard and they coulf do it at the same price as the SE model and that it was a limited model and was available in June (rather than Sept +) as they had 10 they needed to get rid of.

So, there's me thinking i'm gettting a bargain upgrade with all these extras and as it was literally two days before X-mas i've not done my usualy due diligence and signed away, paid the deposit etc.

Now i've discovered these forums and little things are starting to pop into place such as....
  • The R-Dynamic Black doesn't come with the Interactive Drive Display (and you can't add it on)
  • The R-Dyamic Black is missing Rear Traffic Monitor, and Blind Spot Assist
  • The R-Dyamic Black is missing the Keyless entry
Now I can live without these features but I wish i'd done a little more homework rather than assume the next model up has everything the one below it has and more!

On a last note, I love my heated seats! This Jaguar has a heated steering wheel which i'm over excited about but now I can't find anywhere on the configurator that any of the F-Paces (MY22) have heated seats standard or optional. Can someone tell me that i'll at least have a heated bottom when needed in the winter or have I fluffed up again?

Although it sounds like i'm moaning, I am actually looking forward to getting my Jag 馃榾

Registered
The good news Is that heated front seats do come as standard across the range so you will get those.

I ordered my MY22 in September, it has a build date of April so the dealer said I have until 1st Feb to finalise the spec.
You won鈥檛 be able to add anything that will need chips but may want to consider little things like remote rear seat release levers or additional power sockets for rear seat passengers. These cost less than 拢100 each but could make a real difference to your experience with the car.
Personally I have added other extras like heated seats in the rear, a space saver spare, roof rails and such like but it depends on what you will be using the car for.
it is certainly worth a phone call to the dealer to see what your options are.

Reactions: PackmanJaguar

Registered
The document is the Aug 21 spec and options list, it's available on the Jag website under the brochures section, it shows the items you mention. The keyless entry is an inconvenience in my opinion, but the other two are nice to have if they are available for late configuration.

Registered
the heated seats have 3 setting f'n hot, bloody hot, and really hot...
when i was lookng at an A6 everyone wanted the le man version with the 20" alloys, being seen as the cream of the crop.
I looked at 1 and it nearly put me off them - poverty spec, guess they had to recoup the cost of 1K a corner somewhere....

Registered
the heated seats have 3 setting f'n hot, bloody hot, and really hot...
This. I assumed your average Jag driver must have an asbestos arse! 馃敟馃敟

Registered
I don't find these seats as hot as they were in my 2012 XFS, which were often described as bloody hot, skin searing hot, surface of the sun hot.

Registered
I don't find these seats as hot as they were in my 2012 XFS, which were often described as bloody hot, skin searing hot, surface of the sun hot.
I guess if the seat heater is used as intended for cold starts in places where it gets down to -20 C overnight, "surface of the sun hot" is quite useful - although "quite warm very quickly" would be preferable.... but rather difficult as the physics of a heated wire inside an insulating foam and leather cover usually means quite a delay.

In the early days of motoring, the comfy seats in the back were all upholstered in cloth - often "Bedford Cord". because it was warmer in winter and cooler in summer. Only the driver, sitting in the open, sat on leather as it was more water resistant. Somewhere along the way the marketing men of the industry persuaded people that leather was the thing to have and charged people more for it!

Registered
2.5T R-Sport
Hi! New to the forum and excited to take delivery of my R-Dynamic Black D200 in June 22. Currently i've got a Mercedes E220D Coupe and it has a lot of toys as standard but the wife says I need to grow up and get a 4 door car!

I was originally going to order an SE model and was going to add the black pack and the privacy glass. Wasn't too fussed about there being no sunrooof as standard. When I contacted the dealer, he said that they had a super great deal on the R-Dynamic Black and that it was the next model up and it had the black pack, sunroof and privacy glass as standard and they coulf do it at the same price as the SE model and that it was a limited model and was available in June (rather than Sept +) as they had 10 they needed to get rid of.

So, there's me thinking i'm gettting a bargain upgrade with all these extras and as it was literally two days before X-mas i've not done my usualy due diligence and signed away, paid the deposit etc.

Now i've discovered these forums and little things are starting to pop into place such as....
  • The R-Dynamic Black doesn't come with the Interactive Drive Display (and you can't add it on)
  • The R-Dyamic Black is missing Rear Traffic Monitor, and Blind Spot Assist
  • The R-Dyamic Black is missing the Keyless entry
Now I can live without these features but I wish i'd done a little more homework rather than assume the next model up has everything the one below it has and more!

On a last note, I love my heated seats! This Jaguar has a heated steering wheel which i'm over excited about but now I can't find anywhere on the configurator that any of the F-Paces (MY22) have heated seats standard or optional. Can someone tell me that i'll at least have a heated bottom when needed in the winter or have I fluffed up again?

Although it sounds like i'm moaning, I am actually looking forward to getting my Jag 馃榾
You don't want keyless entry. I had mine removed. So no loss there.

Registered
What鈥檚 wrong with keyless? I love it!

Registered
Keyless can make your car a lot easier to steal with modern technology.
There are gadgets that can read the signal from your key fob while in the house and boost it to enable your car to be opened, started and driven off.
You can get a pouch to keep them in or ensure you keep them some distance from the car while in the house.
Either should keep you safe from the thieves.

Registered
Keyless can make your car a lot easier to steal with modern technology.
There are gadgets that can read the signal from your key fob while in the house and boost it to enable your car to be opened, started and driven off.
You can get a pouch to keep them in or ensure you keep them some distance from the car while in the house.
Either should keep you safe from the thieves.
But are current F-Pace models actually vulnerable to relay attack? (Genuine question, I鈥檇 like to know).

While earlier models were vulnerable to relay attack, I thought current JLR models include security counter measures, specifically via timing via ultra wide band radio signals to detect the distance to the key fob that exchanges encrypted keys for unlocking the car. It detects the distance to the key via time-of-flight for the round trip signal. They also hold patents for that technology.

So unless the thieves somehow open a faster-than-light wormhole from the car transmitter/receiver to the key fob sitting inside your house, a relay attack over a non-trivial distance does not work.

Is this not the case?

Other forms of attack on F-Pace may work, however. The web page mentions that physical access into the vehicle is required.

And the document says the F-Type (not F-Pace) does not have this UWB security defense against relay attack, so a Faraday pouch is recommended for storing the key fob away from the car.

Registered
I had not seen that about the UWB technology put into the F Pace. That is great news.
One less thing to worry about when mine arrives.

Reactions: LearnerDriver
1 - 13 of 13 Posts