Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hi all,
Picked up my new F Pace on Thursday, am loving it. It's an R Sport with a shed load of extras, including the Touch Pro system and, was nervous when I started reading some of the issues on here but, all things being well, all is working very nicely. I've just traded in my F Type to get this, I had two thrilling years with that but needed something a bit more practical. I'll have a go at uploading a pic, apologies if this doesn't work. I was a member of the F Type forum which was great, friendly and very useful, hoping this will be the same.
:D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Welcome Nishso, Ammo with black pack, a popular choice on here, and one I very nearly went with, looks lovely. Are they LED's up front?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Very nice.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Loveing your spec. I am so jealous I've got 4 months before mine arrives

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Doug said:
Loving your spec. I am so jealous I've got 4 months before mine arrives
I feel your pain - not to rub it in too much though, that is nearly an identical spec to mine and - I booked a test drive of the F Pace at my local dealer last weekend, went into the showroom and, that car was just sat there, with pretty much everything on it I would have spec'd up myself, so then 5 days later I'm in it and loving it! (sorry, not gloating honest! :) )

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks fantastic, I'm considering the same external colour and wheel option. I'm coming from a BMW 520d auto. How are you finding the 2 litre engine in this car? I appreciate it early days for you but not too sluggish and enough acceleration when you need it?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
FpaceNW said:
Looks fantastic, I'm considering the same external colour and wheel option. I'm coming from a BMW 520d auto. How are you finding the 2 litre engine in this car? I appreciate it early days for you but not too sluggish and enough acceleration when you need it?
HI, like you say it's early days, and although they say you don't have to run cars in nowadays, I still tend to be cautious for the first 1500 miles or so. I did have the 2ltr diesel on demo for a day, and I stuck it in dynamic mode and sports mode etc. and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised, considering I am coming from a 340ps F Type.
I think the sales guy had a good point, he said to me try the 2ltr diesel first, before you drive the 3ltr and see what you think, if you are happy, in that it is quicker than you thought it would be then go with it - if not have a go in the 3ltr (which I haven't driven).

TBH, I am the type that would get the "lower version" of a model range and spec it up rather than get the next model and still have to put stuff on it. That's what I did with my F Type, I could have got in an S but decided to spec up the base model with nearly £12k of options, its true, you don't get your money back, but on trade, they like the car as they know they will sell it.
sorry for the long post here, just got carried away! :)

·
Registered
612 Posts
NISHSO said:
.. and although they say you don't have to run cars in nowadays, I still tend to be cautious for the first 1500 miles or so.
The F-Pace manual says to break in for 3000km (or 1800 miles).

·
Super Moderator
1,953 Posts
NISHSO said:
I still tend to be cautious for the first 1500 miles or so. I did have the 2ltr diesel on demo for a day, and I stuck it in dynamic mode and sports mode etc. and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised, considering I am coming from a 340ps F Type.
Yes, that's what I did . . took it very easy for the first 2000 miles, but have 'let go' a lot more since . . . woo-hoo! :eek: . . . you will love the Dynamic mode, the way it responds to the throttle puts a big smile on my face every time :p

·
Registered
203 Posts
FpaceNW said:
My previous car was an X3 2.0d and there is not much difference between the engines. The FP is more quiet but does not like to go high in revs compared to the BMW. I think you are going to like it as it is more relaxed. I certainly have no problem with the engine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.