Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered an S 2 weeks ago which I was assured I could have on sept 1, yesterday I get a phone call offering me a first edition instead . 9k later I've had to take it because if I don't I just know I'll regret it .

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No I wasn't on a waiting list , I'd asked about one and was told they'd all gone . I have a very good relationship with the dealership and the salesman both of whom will have to remain anonymous. I was told my car had been allocated to the ceo but he felt it was politically incorrect to have a car he couldn't supply to the group's customers .

·
Registered
81 Posts
Apparently there are 'a handful' if 1.5 editions still available in Ultimate Black, Rhodium Silver or Halcyon Gold (whatever that is - halcyon is an old word for kingfisher, and I thought they were blue!). Currently August build slots, which is better than no slot at all, and the V5Cs will show 'First Edition', which means around £4k better residual that a 3.0 Diesel S after 4 years/40k miles. Hmm..

·
Registered
922 Posts
Is that an unofficial, backhanded, u turn in every sense ....but not an actual admission by those who dont want it to be known of the fact that we all knew... Even if we were told it wasn't a first edition( but was!!!)..... :? Hang forgot what I was trying to make a point about... Oh yeh, that was it... Jaguar marketing *alls up!!.....Again!!! Good new for all those 1.5...No... Get it right. Jags cat..other first edition in a different colour owners your £4000 up.... Get the drinks in :lol:

·
Registered
948 Posts
Worth £4K over the 3.0dS for an extra £15K out lay isn't the great. I'm glad I picked the ordinary S model.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The residuals quoted are based on the guaranteed values on a Jaguar PCP, so hopefully on the conservative side. Also, from a personal perspective, I've specced the S up to £60k, and most if not all the £9k options will be worth zilch after 4 years - so only £5k extra for a 1.5 is still tempting...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts